Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not-so-much-in-Burbank, Baby '09!!! (Official SG Con, Los Angeles 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing is, they didn't start the rumor, per se. they didn't start that EXACT rumor.

they simply said 'someone big' and fans ran with it. they're not gonna correct it, because unless rick has categorically told them 'no' they won't screw that pooch by saying he won't come and thus cut off that avenue just in case he decides to.

and if a few fans read the rumor and decide to attend hoping it plays out true, i seriously doubt creation will e-mail each one of them and correct their assumption. In fact, on their site, it clearly says that appearances are only tentative until the actor actually physically shows up and 'too bad, so sad' if they cancel. (which is how every con is run because actors' lives are busy and nothing is guaranteed)

my PERSONAL OPINION is, there are plenty of fan run cons that give a larger proportion of their proceeds to charity that rick will choose before the official one.

take it or leave it.

However, I do think that, while folks may want to have fun and play 'let's pretend' they should be careful that the tone of the pretending doesn't cross over into 'i know a secret' and get turned into the presumption of fact.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well it looks like Creation has been busy adding guests. So far it is a pretty good group.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
        Well it looks like Creation has been busy adding guests. So far it is a pretty good group.
        I am glad to see that they finally put a page up for this con. *getting excited*
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

AG......I ordered my gold ticket and received confirmation in about 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            Two minutes? That's cool.

Hopefully when I get around to getting my Gold ticket, it will be that fast. I'm waiting to see who else signs up next since I will be seeing Michael in August and have seen Cliff twice.
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Ok - everybody discussing this RDA thing should take a listen to my latest What's Coming Up podcast....seriously.... you really need to! You'll find it here http://fannishinquisition.com/whats-coming-up-4

PS. Ordered my ticket - was freaky. I looked at the site, hadn't been updated, prepared to call Creation and refreshed the page, and the stuff was updated - literally in the 1-2 minutes it took me to get the creation phone # and refresh the page. I also got order confirmation right away

Comment

I'll be ordering my tickets shortly!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                  Ok - everybody discussing this RDA thing should take a listen to my latest What's Coming Up podcast....seriously.... you really need to! You'll find it here http://fannishinquisition.com/whats-coming-up-4

PS. Ordered my ticket - was freaky. I looked at the site, hadn't been updated, prepared to call Creation and refreshed the page, and the stuff was updated - literally in the 1-2 minutes it took me to get the creation phone # and refresh the page. I also got order confirmation right away
                  I listened to the podcast.......thank you..

Comment

I listened to the podcast.......thank you..
                    Don't tell anyone else why they need to listen - they need to listen for themselves LOL I debated over the issue... but you know what side won

Comment

Don't tell anyone else why they need to listen - they need to listen for themselves LOL I debated over the issue... but you know what side won
                      I'm glad to know you're a Trekker..

Comment

I'm glad to know you're a Trekker..
                        Hahaha, yes, that was funny - I think I got outted... but at least I'm not a Trekkie.

Did you see the pic of Teal'c? There's more on their website - he looks fantastic!

Comment

Hahaha, yes, that was funny - I think I got outted... but at least I'm not a Trekkie.

Did you see the pic of Teal'c? There's more on their website - he looks fantastic!
                          Yes. Can't wait to see some of the things in the works. I have the Star Trek phone, so I wish he could make a Stargate phone.

Comment

Well, I took the plunge and bought my ticket.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                              Well, I took the plunge and bought my ticket.
                              Yay!

Comment

Yay!
                                Thanks! Looking forward to meeting a few more people this year (and hoping for good seats).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X