Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not-so-much-in-Burbank, Baby '09!!! (Official SG Con, Los Angeles 2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
    Well, I took the plunge and bought my ticket.
    Yay!

Did you listen to my podcast?

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      Thanks! Looking forward to meeting a few more people this year (and hoping for good seats).
      yeah, I'm hoping for a good seat - if I get stuck right over on the side I'll be really annoyed considering I was probably the first to book a ticket online!

Comment

Now I have to book a room and add some roomies..

Comment

I'm going to be looking for a roomie or two if anyone's interested - I have roomed with other Gateworlders before and haven't had any complaints

Comment

I listened to your podcast Tal.....hmmm very interesting!!

Still haven't decided whether to attend - you must spend a fair portion of your life in hotels Tal!
            The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
            Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

I’ll be in Burbank – because I bought a Farscape con ticket this weekend! With Ben and Claudia added as guests I definitely couldn’t wait any longer. And the possibilities with the Stargate con seem to be quite good (I just hope they’ll organize that in a good way). Also looking forward to seeing Cliff. Michael would be the third time in one year.

The disadvantage? I’m afraid this will be getting really expensive…I’m not so sure yet which extras I really want and which ones I’ll skip.

Looking forward to meeting some people again – and of course meeting new people.

Originally posted by Tal View Post
              yeah, I'm hoping for a good seat - if I get stuck right over on the side I'll be really annoyed considering I was probably the first to book a ticket online!
              That's the good thing with the Farscape con - the seating chart. You can choose your seat while you're booking your ticket.

I wish you luck with your seat!

And I hope I'll soon have the time to listen to your podcasts...
              Last edited by silvercomet; 12 May 2009, 06:13 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Good news for the early ticket-buyers... they get TWO breakfasts with their purchase. Straight from Creation's site:

"9) Complimentary admission into the SATURDAY Morning Breakfast and Charity Silent Auction. Welcome sensational guests and fans to what many consider to be the highlight of the show! Note: the complimentary breakfast for Gold Weekend Patrons will be held Saturday morning this convention.

10) For those fans who were gracious enough to purchased their gold weekend packages at last year's Stargate LA Convention you will receive complimentary SUNDAY FARSCAPE breakfast tickets where BEN BROWDER will be appearing. You get two breakfast events as our way of thanking you for your early and generous support!"

If anyone else wants to attend the Sunday breakfast, they'll have to buy a ticket.
                Sounds like Creation wasn't able to get that "big guest" they were hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                  What brings you to that conclusion?

Comment

y'all do realize that 'rick was talking about attending'....dude, all that can be comprised of is 'hey would you like to come?' and he goes 'eh, maybe' and that can technically = 'he's talked about attending the con'

I can't remember how many times an actor has been asked about a booking or project and that actor goes 'you know, i don't know, i'll need to talk to my agent'

actors get asked personally about stuff all the time. and they'll rarely say 'heck no' to someone's face. What they do is refer that person to their booking agent, let the agent do the job they've been paid for and negotiate terms that are agreeable to the actor, THEN and only then are they doing any project or event.

I have a very, very high degree of skepticism that he'll do a creation event. I think what his terms are and what they want are usually very different and they have had extreme levels of difficulty in reaching a middle ground.

If it happens, cool for you guys. But anyone that's buying a ticket banking on rick attending....caveat emptor. buyer beware. cause they're non-refundable and i personally think you stand a very good chance of not having your wishes fulfilled.

Make the choice you think needs to be made, but please remember that you're basing the spending of money on nothing but one fan's rumor. you're gambling, so please don't be livid if you lose.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LOL!...Looks like Michael's got caught for "Scruffy/Smart" again!....*snortle*....

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgbur.htm

Well worth it though....that boy sure does scrub up well ....

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                        Good news for the early ticket-buyers... they get TWO breakfasts with their purchase. Straight from Creation's site:

"9) Complimentary admission into the SATURDAY Morning Breakfast and Charity Silent Auction. Welcome sensational guests and fans to what many consider to be the highlight of the show! Note: the complimentary breakfast for Gold Weekend Patrons will be held Saturday morning this convention.

10) For those fans who were gracious enough to purchased their gold weekend packages at last year's Stargate LA Convention you will receive complimentary SUNDAY FARSCAPE breakfast tickets where BEN BROWDER will be appearing. You get two breakfast events as our way of thanking you for your early and generous support!"

If anyone else wants to attend the Sunday breakfast, they'll have to buy a ticket.
                        Well, breakfast Sat. instead of Sunday could be a bit of a pain for me - I liked being able to fly in early Sat (I live a quick flight away) and fly out either Sunday or early Monday - saved me 1 hotel night, plus it was a lot easier with my schedule. I guess I'll have to see what time breakfast will be and mayne they'll have an early Sat. registration.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          y'all do realize that 'rick was talking about attending'....dude, all that can be comprised of is 'hey would you like to come?' and he goes 'eh, maybe' and that can technically = 'he's talked about attending the con'

I can't remember how many times an actor has been asked about a booking or project and that actor goes 'you know, i don't know, i'll need to talk to my agent'

actors get asked personally about stuff all the time. and they'll rarely say 'heck no' to someone's face. What they do is refer that person to their booking agent, let the agent do the job they've been paid for and negotiate terms that are agreeable to the actor, THEN and only then are they doing any project or event.

I have a very, very high degree of skepticism that he'll do a creation event. I think what his terms are and what they want are usually very different and they have had extreme levels of difficulty in reaching a middle ground.

If it happens, cool for you guys. But anyone that's buying a ticket banking on rick attending....caveat emptor. buyer beware. cause they're non-refundable and i personally think you stand a very good chance of not having your wishes fulfilled.

Make the choice you think needs to be made, but please remember that you're basing the spending of money on nothing but one fan's rumor. you're gambling, so please don't be livid if you lose.

Couldn't agree more with the above.

I'd attend if Rick did, but I'm sure as heck not buying a ticket on rumor. Especially considering that the company is in business to make money, and Rick's appearances are nearly 100% for charity. Though I would love to see Rick negotiate one heck of a deal to make the company donate much of its profit to his charity of choice.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

...a lot can happen between now and November....

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              ...a lot can happen between now and November....
                              Absolutely. And I'd love to see all that lovely money RDA could generate in ticket sales go to charity.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

For full disclosure, I bought a Gold ticket for the SG con to get the Farscape perks. Too me, the ticket price was worth it......two cons for the price of one.

I doubt Amanda will be a guest because she'll be leaving for the UK to do AT4 the next weekend.

IMO, in order to get RDA as a future guest, Creation had to change venues......move from Burbank to LA. Security and meeting space may have been issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X