The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Oh I hope so too! It's so painful flying with a cold - I had a cold when I was in Cairns, and the flight back to Brisbane was excruciating
    But there's a couple of days still, and take some decongestant for the flight, it helps!
    Take decongestants, nose-spray, suck sweets, chew gum...... I've tried it all It's just the landing that causes me problems, and the only thing I've found that helps is to keep a tissue handy and just keep blowing my nose (sorry, icky ) otherwise I'm in agony and can't hear a thing for about half an hour after we land

It's not so bad going to Edinburgh, because it's a fast approach and landing, but coming into Heathrow I find it's a long, slow (and in this instance, that's not a good thing ) approach and I feel like my eardrums will explode

Flying doesn't bother me, I like it. It's the landing that's the problem

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Take decongestants, nose-spray, suck sweets, chew gum...... I've tried it all It's just the landing that causes me problems, and the only thing I've found that helps is to keep a tissue handy and just keep blowing my nose (sorry, icky ) otherwise I'm in agony and can't hear a thing for about half an hour after we land

It's not so bad going to Edinburgh, because it's a fast approach and landing, but coming into Heathrow I find it's a long, slow (and in this instance, that's not a good thing ) approach and I feel like my eardrums will explode

Much sympathy I'm normally fine on landing, but I couldn't believe how painful it was landing in Brisbane when I had that cold, and how long it took to recover once we had landed. Fingers crossed for you that it clears up sufficiently by Monday! *hugs*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs jumble for flu*

I was going to suggest a triangle, but now there are four of us and somehow 'Bermuda Rectangle' doesn't have the same ring to it
        Uh... ickybah.
        ''Rectangle'' sounds yuck. I could state the reason why, but that wood be dirty.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Much sympathy I'm normally fine on landing, but I couldn't believe how painful it was landing in Brisbane when I had that cold, and how long it took to recover once we had landed. Fingers crossed for you that it clears up sufficiently by Monday! *hugs*
          Thanks

I'm currently drowning it in Merlot.......... well it can't hurt can it?

btw, how long does the flight from UK to Vancouver take? Roughly?

Edit: And I'm watching an interview with Quentin Tarrantino and thinking to myself 'he doesn't look like a famous director.............'

Comment

Thanks

I'm currently drowning it in Merlot.......... well it can't hurt can it?

btw, how long does the flight from UK to Vancouver take? Roughly?

Edit: And I'm watching an interview with Quentin Tarrantino and thinking to myself 'he doesn't look like a famous director.............'
            About 10 hours, I think

And I'm watching the same interview, methinks... Jonathan Ross?
            Although he is not in London now, he is in San Diego at Comic-Con, he said on Twitter
            sigpic

Comment

About 10 hours, I think
              Wow, that'll be an experience for me then How am I going to contain myself for ten whole hours?

Mind you, after waiting for the next year I guess ten hours doesn't seem like much, but it'll be the last ten hours........

And I'm watching the same interview, methinks... Jonathan Ross?
              Although he is not in London now, he is in San Diego at Comic-Con, he said on Twitter
              Yes Dragons were funny, but not keen on Denzil

I really should go to bed

Comment

Wow, that'll be an experience for me then How am I going to contain myself for ten whole hours?

Mind you, after waiting for the next year I guess ten hours doesn't seem like much, but it'll be the last ten hours........
                You'll be fine

Yes Dragons were funny, but not keen on Denzil

I really should go to bed
                Me too. Except now it's A-Ha, and I'm looking round for Kitten
                sigpic

Comment

So was I

I have to say, Morten's looking pretty good Hasn't changed much, but then I've seen him recently in town, and he's pretty hot in the flesh

Comment

*runs in nekkid*

*dances...sadly...coz it's last day in the USA*

*runs out for dinner*
                    sigpic

Comment

(((((Jumble))))) Hope it goes away soon!

Huggles Jumble too ((((Jumble))))

Thanks

I just hope it clears a bit before I fly on Monday. I have problems with my ears not popping easily on landing, and having a cold makes it a lot worse

I was going to suggest a triangle, but now there are four of us and somehow 'Bermuda Rectangle' doesn't have the same ring to it

How about pentangle? Can you do that? (Guess what I got? )

Oh I hope so too! It's so painful flying with a cold - I had a cold when I was in Cairns, and the flight back to Brisbane was excruciating
                      But there's a couple of days still, and take some decongestant for the flight, it helps!

Taking off and landing I have a huge problem with... it's the ony thing I hate.
                      Spoilered because it's just plain morbid
                      Spoiler:
                      The way I see it, when you're up in the air, if something goes dramatically wrong, you're pretty much dead before you know it. If something goes wrong when you're still on the ground there's all manner of horrible ways you could be maimed or die slowly and painfully in the wreckage of a burning plane while they try desperately to rescue you... *gulp* Yep, once we're off the ground I'm fine - taking off/landing and glass elevators; my two biggest phobias!

I was going to suggest sudafed or something but if that don't work I don't know what helps. You could try echinacea too reduce the cold symptoms, or (my old staple) vitamin C and zinc. Both might help alleviate things enough so that you're not dreadful by Monday.

Other than that, want me to come wave you off?

*runs semi nekkid through thread* (in the name of public deccency.)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        *runs in*

'69 post

*hugs everyone*

*passes out broccoli*
                        Speaking of broccoli, I just ran across a vid you HAVE to see: http://www.care2.com:80/c2c/people/p...?pid=909638993

Hugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Taking off and landing I have a huge problem with... it's the ony thing I hate.
                          Spoilered because it's just plain morbid
                          Spoiler:
                          The way I see it, when you're up in the air, if something goes dramatically wrong, you're pretty much dead before you know it. If something goes wrong when you're still on the ground there's all manner of horrible ways you could be maimed or die slowly and painfully in the wreckage of a burning plane while they try desperately to rescue you... *gulp* Yep, once we're off the ground I'm fine - taking off/landing and glass elevators; my two biggest phobias!
                          And that would be the exact same reason I will never fly,
                          Spoiler:
                          I tell ya what living less than 2 hours from NYC and still being a kid ( I was in 5th grade) when 9/11 happened, that tends to add to my phoebia of flying I even freak if a planes a little bit too low

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          Speaking of broccoli, I just ran across a vid you HAVE to see: http://www.care2.com:80/c2c/people/p...?pid=909638993

Hugs!
                          That so made my night!!! Thanks!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Well Amanda, don't ever come to my house then. I live near Dulless Airport, so the planes take off and land by going right over our house. The planes are often so low that the people on them could see us waving and we can see the individual windows.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

I used to fly with joy and wonder.

Then, 9/11 happened and I didn't get on a plane for 6 years.

Finally, I decided that thousands of planes fly around the world every day, and only once in awhile do they fall. Hundreds of thousands of people criss-cross the globe without incident. So, I started to consider giving it a try again.

And I also really, really wanted to go to Philly to spend a weekend with some of my GW pals. Then, I really, really, really wanted to go to Vancouver to Gatecon.

And both experiences were just fine...except for the broken windshield wiper that kept me in Atlanta for 3 hours on the very last part of my Vancouver trip. I was a 30-minute flight from home when that snag occurred, and it just took the airline too long to get it fixed. But it was a small inconvenience in what was otherwise a lovely trip.

I worry and worry and worry about these things too...but I think of my cousin, Jane, who has been a flight attendant for 30 years...and has never even had a close call. Bad things happen, and plane crashes always get a lot of media coverage because they are such infrequent events that take many lives. The events of 9/11 were a tragedy caused by evil people, but it hasn't happened again. It may at some point, but I decided I couldn't just go places within reasonable driving distance. There are other things I wanted to see and do.

But when you consider the number of flights against the number of crashes, it's still the safest way to travel. Statistically, I'm in much more danger each day on my 30-mile drive to work and the 30-mile drive back.

Imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                                Well Amanda, don't ever come to my house then. I live near Dulless Airport, so the planes take off and land by going right over our house. The planes are often so low that the people on them could see us waving and we can see the individual windows.
                                *shutters* When we went to DC a few weeks ago and we went over the bridge that leads from DC into Arlington, I almost started hyperventilating a few times and had to think "There's two air ports here, there's two air ports here..."

To stay on topic, OBPTB are awesome, for they gave us the ship

Sg-1fanintn it's really nice to see that I'm not the only one that was sort of leary about going on a plane after 9/11

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X