Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

*huggles Wendy*

Please tell me you're not working over the whole Christmas holiday?
    *huggles*

I get a few days off - because I work in retail *sad*. This is my Sixth day in a row so far, and I'm on until Thursday straight. But tonight is my last late shift I'm then off until Boxing Day (26th) when I'm at work all day. It's been worse, trust me. I'm glad I'm not working Christmas Eve, because that's my favourite day.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      *huggles*

I get a few days off - because I work in retail *sad*. This is my Sixth day in a row so far, and I'm on until Thursday straight. But tonight is my last late shift I'm then off until Boxing Day (26th) when I'm at work all day. It's been worse, trust me. I'm glad I'm not working Christmas Eve, because that's my favourite day.
      You're off from Friday to Saturday? That's not a few days, it's only two I'm so glad I don't work in retail After tomorrow I'm off until the 3rd - a whole 12 days!!

How is the jobsearch going?

Comment

You're off from Friday to Saturday? That's not a few days, it's only two I'm so glad I don't work in retail After tomorrow I'm off until the 3rd - a whole 12 days!!

How is the jobsearch going?
        And Sunday

12 days?! That's unheard of to me! I don't know what I would do with myself! LOL.

I'm still applying and not getting much in the way of responses. But I still have hope that there will be a positive response soon! The only problem is that looking for a job itself is kinda like having a full time job, on top of my actual job and then studying... it's all eating my time. So, crossing my fingers this doesn't go on forever.
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

And Sunday

12 days?! That's unheard of to me! I don't know what I would do with myself! LOL.

I'm still applying and not getting much in the way of responses. But I still have hope that there will be a positive response soon! The only problem is that looking for a job itself is kinda like having a full time job, on top of my actual job and then studying... it's all eating my time. So, crossing my fingers this doesn't go on forever.

Ah, forgot about Sunday

Actually, 12 days is a bit short for me - I usually get 14, and have been known to get 15

Suz is in retail too, but she's got four days off over Christmas and a couple more for New Year

Yes, it must be hard, but I'm sure it won't go on forever - you'll find the right job and then think how happy you will be

Comment

Great advent Jan!!

*huggles Wooohooos*

I'm a bit sick again, so I'm off to bed. Have fun!
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Happy Orange Day to you all.

Good old retail life. This is why I got out of it.

And Sunday

I used to think that but, surprisingly, it's not so hard once you get used to it. The first year was worse - maternity leave. 8 whole weeks before baby arrived and fat and fed up. Then I really was bored but happily so!

Isn't it just. Persevere with it though and the right job will come up. Don't limit yourself either. Believe in yourself and your interviewer will believe in you too.

And rather appropriately, ORANGE is the colour of positivity and the colour of fertility. On my IVF forums, we had a big thing about wearing orange knickers... yes, I had quite a few pairs back in the day.
              We have this little fella too, who is a symbol of positive reiki energy...er, or somethign: I like him; he's my pet.
              sigpic

Comment

Speaking of orange knickers... I reckon this has to go down as one of the weirdest titles for a song ever.

sigpic

Comment

Oh you've got to be kidding me! I write an entire freakin' post and it's deleted. GW I dislike you very much right now!

Writing it again...

*huggles Wendy for working so much* And I totally understand how hard it is to find a job right now! I'm looking for one too, but having a hard time finding one that works in combination with school or where I can even work, often I'm too old(for teenage jobs they prefer 16 year olds who are cheaper) and for others I don't have the right work experience/certificates(for a job like part time working in a small store) . I'm atm applying for a job in the city which sounds really interesting! Sooo *crossing my fingers*

I also huggled someone else in my previous post but don't remember who anymore...so *huggles everyone*

And my vacation started today! Woohoo! Presented/had an exhibition for the MSF campaign thingy on school and they really liked my work/video. It was very touching apparently. Linky if you want to see it now
                  I was a bit frustrated though since one team member didn't show up and didn't even reply to anything we sent him. While it was mandatory to show up!
                  Last edited by starlover; 20 December 2011, 04:34 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

that MSF spot is very professional - extremely good!

Good Morning Woohoos! Orange is it? I was thinking it was Yellow today. No matter, I have both ready...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Grrr - dang glitches!

sigpic

Comment

Happy Orange Martinmas to all!!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Orange morning y'all!
                            I've yet to have my orange juice... Some people on this thread are confusing (again).

I changed the avi and the sig, trying to fit the theme!

*hugs Wendy and Jann* I totally hear you on the finding a job thing. I wanted a new job too. I was waiting for call backs, but none came. This close to Chritmas, it's near to impossible finding a job around here. I'll start looking again in January. *sigh*

I think to avoid all this confusion we're going to have to work it as about 24 hours for each colour - starting at around 9am GMT. Otherwise we'll end up with half of us doing one colour and the other half another........... although if we're sticking to the WooHoo Rule that there are no Rulez it really doesn't matter
                            *nods* I get it!

And as far as I know, nothing rhymes with Orange - but Josi may well tell me otherwise [/color]
                            I can think of plenty words in French that rhyme with Orange, but in English? Eludes me. Oh, Josi, where are you?

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/Martinmas%202011/377920_248377968559990_150665568331231_726983_1696910325_n.jpg

That's PG enough, isn't it?

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            *huggles Wooohooos*

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...tinmas13dm.jpg

I'm a bit sick again, so I'm off to bed. Have fun!
                            Good nap Dee! Try to rest as much as you can.

I'll need to look if I have any other orange arties (other than the ones I currently have as sig and avi).
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Older orange arties coming up! (Some are quite old... )

sigpic

Comment

And two more!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X