The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Been to the shops, bought some munchies for tonight and a Snow Patrol CD - Up to Now - which turned out to be two CDs for a fiver! Niiice
    Me luuuuuuuurves that cd *hums to self*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *rolls in*

good day Just got to hear from my internship and the lady told me she wanted to talk about working there or so...so I'm *thinking* I got it...*squees*

and ugh got a class at 5 pm...suuuuuuuucks! Certainly already knowing that the book we need to buy for it is written by the teacher
    *crosses fingers & toes*

Lea found that with his uni courses too Waaaaay to sell copies

Aw, so nice to see you having a good day there Bree

Which reminds me, Suz told me she'd like to thank Martin. Why? Because she heard me singing the other day Not that my singing is a good thing for anyone listening you understand, but apparently the fact that I was doing it made her happy
    Twist left! Twist rig.......

Go on, you know you wanna

*sends Jumble a d-i-y huggle*

*sends Bree a normal huggle* I'm not sure how good her co-ordination is right now
    sigpic

Comment

Didn't all that wine dull the pain?

Thank you I'm working my way through all th new photoshoot pics

Just heard from Josiane that they'll be here in less than an hour *bounces*

Good thing too, because I'm starving

Oma, if you're out there - LOVING Snow Patrol!!! Lots of tracks I haven't heard before
      And why not, they are stunning I think you should send the full length shot of you in the white suit to Martin

*launches into song* I'll be right beside you dear

*throws ear plugs at Woohoos* - you're gonna need 'em!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        Morning No, wait, it's evening now....I've been 3/4 asleep all day Serves me right for staying up late watching Pride & Prejudice

Ah, MoB, practice a little when you have the place to yourself

Cags, twist left.

Don't tell me you're too tired to move, just do it ok.

Now twist right.

Now squeeze tight.

That was a do-it-yourself-huggle
        We're doing-it-ourselves now? Aw The other way is sooooo much more fun

*sigh* It's such a drag when your conscience sucks the fun out of life.
        I know, I try really hard not to let it

Ya know, I've done the potty training thing 6 times. With the exception of no 4 child who pretty much did it all by herself, that's the bit I hate most about having kids.

Oh, totally awesome pressie

*iznotjealousiznotjealousiznotjealous*

*freaks at the mere thought of potty-training 60+ children*
        It gets easier after the first 20

I think you should write a book Jumble! I'd have killed for an idiot's guide to potty training that was based on experience and common sense rather than the latest theories and gimmicks. Errrr, btw, the idiot would be me, not you.....
        I was going to say..........

Hmm. I've been told that before, but really there's so much of it that is done by feel...... er..... instinct....... that it wood be really hard to convey it on the written page.

*thinks*

Or I could just do the shorter version :

"Go with your instincts and never read books or listen to the 'experts'! Love 'em and keep 'em safe, and they'll turn out alright "

Comment

And why not, they are stunning I think you should send the full length shot of you in the white suit to Martin

*launches into song* I'll be right beside you dear

*throws ear plugs at Woohoos* - you're gonna need 'em!
          Oh, I think Martin's seen and heard quite enough of me for the time being

Comment

*whines* Are they there yet?

sigpic

Comment

Just heard from Josiane that they'll be here in less than an hour *bounces*

Are they there yet?

*adopts annoying nasally kiddie voice*

*are they there yet, are they there yet are they there yet...*

Oma, if you're out there - LOVING Snow Patrol!!! Lots of tracks I haven't heard before
              I went completely bonkers for them about this time last year. Open Your Eyes is an amazing track. Lights off, headphones on and listen to all those layers.

Cags, twist left.

Don't tell me you're too tired to move, just do it ok.

Now twist right.

Now squeeze tight.

That was a do-it-yourself-huggle

Aw thanks that was a pretty decent self-huggle.

Ya know, I've done the potty training thing 6 times. With the exception of no 4 child who pretty much did it all by herself, that's the bit I hate most about having kids.

*freaks at the mere thought of potty-training 60+ children*

Ok, I'll take those lessons from you and from Jumble now.

I think you should write a book Jumble! I'd have killed for an idiot's guide to potty training that was based on experience and common sense rather than the latest theories and gimmicks. Errrr, btw, the idiot would be me, not you.....

Funnily enough, I have this book called the...oh something or other about potty training... it's come if really handy for standing my coffee cup on.

Oh, totally awesome pressie

*iznotjealousiznotjealousiznotjealous*
              You're doing better than me. I'm insanely jealous and I bought it. No point me doing anything like that though; my legs are too short for sports cars. I don't think he'll be expecting it.

Are they there yet?

OK so I turne the telly over and Galaxy Quest is on. The opening convention scene and I'm cracking up. There's even a shipper there.
              Oh dear.
              sigpic

Comment

Popping in for a quick hi before heading off to the B52s.

Wouldn't you know, just when I've made a decision about where I want to go with my life & career, a practice I love in Boston comes a'calling? Now that I've gotten over the initial WTF, I think I'll be okay calling back and politely declining. I've made a choice and I really want to see it through. Plus I am so sure that I don't want to be on the east coast any more, that Boston just doesn't make me squee the way it used to. Too big.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                *throws on "Sarai" disguise*

Try Audacity. I know UhSir uses it for her videos and she always does some awesome sound editing with it.
                I'll take a look. Thanks for the suggestion.

1, Morning No, wait, it's evening now....I've been 3/4 asleep all day Serves me right for staying up late watching Pride & Prejudice

2. Ah, MoB, practice a little when you have the place to yourself

1. Oooh, another P&P fan! Wait. Which P&P?

2. I will give it thoughtful consideration.

Off to pretend to be rock n roll for the evening...

((((woohoos))))
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hmm. I've been told that before, but really there's so much of it that is done by feel...... er..... instinct....... that it wood be really hard to convey it on the written page.

*thinks*

Or I could just do the shorter version :

"Go with your instincts and never read books or listen to the 'experts'! Love 'em and keep 'em safe, and they'll turn out alright "

Ah see I like that version. We're working on that at the moment. The hardest part is reigning Charles in since I have way more patience than he does (which is a bit of a turnaround because he's normally the level headed one). He doesn't get the psychology behind it. I've been making little itty bits of progress. Slow going but I keep reminding myself that any steps no matter how small are steps int he right direction.

And I'm getting quite good at wiping up pee now.
                  sigpic

Comment

*looks round sheepishly* The Kiera Knightley version......it was late! I didn't have time to watch all the Colin Firth one!

I love both versions, I went with the KN one because the music is so stunning Dario Marianelli is a complete genius!
                    sigpic

Comment

*whines* Are they there yet?

Nope.......... should be any minute now .............

Are they there yet?

*adopts annoying nasally kiddie voice*

*are they there yet, are they there yet are they there yet...*

I went completely bonkers for them about this time last year. Open Your Eyes is an amazing track. Lights off, headphones on and listen to all those layers.

But you didn't listen to me, did you?

Funnily enough, I have this book called the...oh something or other about potty training... it's come if really handy for standing my coffee cup on.
                      Yep, that's usually the only thing those books are good for

You're doing better than me. I'm insanely jealous and I bought it. No point me doing anything like that though; my legs are too short for sports cars. I don't think he'll be expecting it.

Are they there yet?

OK so I turne the telly over and Galaxy Quest is on. The opening convention scene and I'm cracking up. There's even a shipper there.
                      Oh dear.
                      Ah, see that's where our sense of humours separate. Hate that film

I'm trying to distract myself by reading the Ship thread.......... sameoldsameoldsameold Still, I'm glad to see that the thread is still alive and kicking

Comment

Yep, THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, I've spent many a happy hour on trains travelling to and from Woohoots with eyes closed & headphones on

Amy bought a card today with it on, I thought it was cute so I plaigiarised

Don't worry Jumble, nothing could replace the *squishy huggle*

Oh, no! Nooooooooo nononononononononononono. Didn't you hear me say how much I hate potty training? That also means I wasn't very good at it

Are they there yet?
                          Well, are they? *taps foot impatiently*

I hope the traffic hasn't been too bad for them

Edit: They are! Wooooohoooooooooooooooo! *squishy huggles Sarai & Josi* Now I can go to bed
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I've spent many a happy hour on trains travelling to and from Woohoots with eyes closed & headphones on

Amy bought a card today with it on, I thought it was cute so I plaigiarised

Don't worry Jumble, nothing could replace the *squishy huggle*
                            Too right! *squishy huggles WooHoos*

Oh, no! Nooooooooo nononononononononononono. Didn't you hear me say how much I hate potty training? That also means I wasn't very good at it
                            What? You're telling me your kids aren't potty trained yet?

Hey, it worked in the end. It always does

Well, are they? *taps foot impatiently*

I hope the traffic hasn't been too bad for them

Edit: They are! Wooooohoooooooooooooooo! *squishy huggles Sarai & Josi* Now I can go to bed
                            Oh wonderful We come in to talk to you and you've gone to bed

Sarai has also gone to bed, despite the fact that it says she's browsing the thread

Maybe she left her browser open and Dave is checking up on us

*waves to Dave*

WoodNight Woohoos *huggles*

Comment

*grabs laptop from Jumble*
                              *completely fails to type on Jumble's weird keyboard*
                              *gives up*
                              *waves to Woohoos*
                              *spreads huggles*
                              *runs out*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

What? You're telling me your kids aren't potty trained yet?

Hey, it worked in the end. It always does

There have been moments when even I haven't been potty trained yet. Norovirus or too much brandy and coke come to mind.

Yay.

*waves a Sarai and Josi* Who I imagine are both asleep by now.

I've just spent a delightful hour or so finishing of transcribing the Divide & Conquer commentary. Someone on the Ship thread asked if I'd done it; I did ages ago, along with a bunch of others, but didn't save it for some unfathomable reason.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit here listening to that boring old Martin Wood bloke droning on and on and on about how he sets up those shots and what motivates him to film in x y or z way? gah! Honestly, none of you would want to be me right now...

... it's a hard job but someone's gotta do it.

Oh but (slightly) more seriously, what a gem of a commentary that one is! Really, I think it's possibly one of my top five (SG-1), just because it has the perfect balance of technical, goofing about and talking about what's actually happening plot wise.

*huggles Martin. And James Titchenor. And Jim Menard*

So a little excerpt from the episode’s “Where’s Martin” moment (with Siler of course. ):

MW; There’s me. In the background with Siler. You have to rewind to look at it.

JT: Why are you always with Siler?

JM: I think there’s a relationship there.

MW: He’s my foil.

(laughing)

JT: Let’s talk about that relationship shall we.

I feel some OTP artwork coming up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X