Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Gosh yes.
    Although I don't see it as a curse. I see it as life testing our strength in the most awful ways. Somehow, we have a very strong group of people gathered around this thread and somehow those always get hit the hardest...
    That's true. And to be honest, without the support of our strong little group I'm not sure how I wood have coped with the last few months.

We need a WooHoo party to cheer us all up............ oh, what's that I see on the horizon? I do believe there's a birthday coming soon.....

Should we book the photographer?

....... and we'll need some security...

... and food of course....

.... and maybe a clown....

.... to make us laugh.....

*huggles WooHoos*

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      I ended up having a bad day but not in the way I expected so I didn't get much of anything done today.

Firstly, I got a text this morning that a friend was found dead in his warehouse. Only 52 years old, got married a little bit before I did and died of a heart attack while loading his truck. So sad that that he died so young and so sad that he died alone. I don't know what to say to his wife. There aren't any words that seem sufficient. The owners daughter (who is my boss) and is also a friend of his said well take of the computer stuff tomorrow

Secondly, my dad has cancer. My mom died of cancer two years ago, my brother lost half of his tongue and part of his face to cancer only 3 months after my mom died. Now my dad. Cancer is the monster that lives in my families closet. We just never know when it's going to jump out and get one of us.
      I feel numb. Charmaine is in New Hampshire and I feel very alone.
      Nothing left to do but reach out to Woohoo's and maybe work on my nominations to keep my head busy.

*hugs Woohoo's*
      Oh Bree . Huge hugs to you and of course your friend. There's not a lot I can say except that most of us, in one way or another, have been in a similar situation (which is a sad commentary in itself). We are all here for you, whatever and whenever you need to talk or just rant about life.

I wish I was closer so I could give you a real hug, but I guess virtual ones will have to do (((((Bree)))))

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        That's true. And to be honest, without the support of our strong little group I'm not sure how I wood have coped with the last few months.

We need a WooHoo party to cheer us all up............ oh, what's that I see on the horizon? I do believe there's a birthday coming soon.....

Should we book the photographer?

....... and we'll need some security...

... and food of course....

.... and maybe a clown....

.... to make us laugh.....

*huggles WooHoos*
        *hugs*
        Yeah. We can actually *talk* about things here and that's nice and it helps.

...That and we have Martin-of-all-trades to amuse us.

*hugs WooHoos as well*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles everyone* time for a group hug?
          sigpic

Comment

*hugs*
            Yeah. We can actually *talk* about things here and that's nice and it helps.
            That's it, there's nowhere else I know of on GW where we can talk openly about stuff and be guaranteed lots of love and understanding

...That and we have Martin-of-all-trades to amuse us.

*hugs WooHoos as well*
            Poor Martin, he gets laughed at, snuggled in, gutterized and huggled on a daily basis I wonder if he'd mind if he knew

*joins in group huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              *huggles everyone* time for a group hug?
              Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroup huuuuug!!!!
              *spreads arms and hops from one foot to another*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*runs in and tackle hugs thread*

Comment

That's it, there's nowhere else I know of on GW where we can talk openly about stuff and be guaranteed lots of love and understanding
                  Here's a Nad Theory.

The fact that the main topic on the thread is PTB (product) appreciation, makes the variety of things to talk about reasonably wide. Therefore, there is a higher tolerance for things OT.
                  The fact that many of us are Shippy Hippies, makes for love loving and generally happy go lucky kind of posters.
                  The fact that we are but a small group, causes the ''eek! Srangers!'' bump to be lower and the feeling of ''these are my homegirls'' bigger.
                  Thus... High tolerance.

Poor Martin, he gets laughed at, snuggled in, gutterized and huggled on a daily basis I wonder if he'd mind if he knew

*joins in group huggles*
                  Poor? Nah. Lucky!

sigpic

Comment

Here's a Nad Theory.

The fact that the main topic on the thread is PTB (product) appreciation, makes the variety of things to talk about reasonably wide. Therefore, there is a higher tolerance for things OT.
                    The fact that many of us are Shippy Hippies, makes for love loving and generally happy go lucky kind of posters.
                    The fact that we are but a small group, causes the ''eek! Srangers!'' bump to be lower and the feeling of ''these are my homegirls'' bigger.
                    Thus... High tolerance.
                    Good theorizing there Nad I love the way you have of putting feelings into words

Poor? Nah. Lucky!
                    Oh I hope he'd feel lucky I definitely feel lucky to know and be part of this AWESOME WooHoo group

*waves to Torzy*

Comment

Haha, we are sooo wonderfully ...mushy at times!
                      *happy dances*
                      I can imagine people reading this thread and actually shuddering at all the lovey dovey girly happiness...
                      Awesome!

sigpic

Comment

*waves at Jumble*

I hope he does too. I know I'm happy I found this little hippie corner of the forum

Comment

Haha, we are sooo wonderfully ...mushy at times!
                          *happy dances*
                          I can imagine people reading this thread and actually shuddering at all the lovey dovey girly happiness...
                          Awesome!
                          Ah, but that's their loss

Originally posted by Torzy86 View Post
                          *waves at Jumble*

I hope he does too. I know I'm happy I found this little hippie corner of the forum
                          HAPPY HIPPIES R US!

Comment

...I don't think I can check the gazillion pages that I've missed.

Though I'm meant to be busy doing housework because I've been at work everyday for weeks now (even on my time off), I just thought I'd come say "I'm still alive, I'm still here." I spoke to Jumbly on FB, and realised it had been weeks. Miss you all. MUAH.

sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Indeed and that makes us a wonderful group!

*joins in group huggles*
                              He wood love it! *huggles inside Martin's yellow jacket*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                ...I don't think I can check the gazillion pages that I've missed.

Though I'm meant to be busy doing housework because I've been at work everyday for weeks now (even on my time off), I just thought I'd come say "I'm still alive, I'm still here." I spoke to Jumbly on FB, and realised it had been weeks. Miss you all. MUAH.

*hugs Wendy* It's about time we saw you here. RL is no excuse for absence

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Indeed and that makes us a wonderful group!

He wood love it! *huggles inside Martin's yellow jacket*
                                *gives Jann a very stern look and grabs back the jacket*

minemineminemineminemineMINE!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X