No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs* Thanks girls...just called a friend and vented there Which helped lol

And yeah I should move on, but still was a bit angry when finding it out...that's the thing I hate the most about this study ...all the groupwork. Almost all the reports we make is in groupwork and even with the individual ones we have to consult our peers It's just annoying.

Sarai I kinda want to stop thinking about it, but when everyone at school is talking about it, it doesn't really help...

Still the most annoying thing was the ex-BF...when he's on school and sees me I can't even have a conversation with my friends without him walking in on it*grumbles*

Anyway...one report to go and then I got next week off*waiting for the grades; bites nails*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      *squishy huggles Jumble for... well, everything you have a right to have a "moment" for* Let's face it, if half of us went through half of that we'd run screaming to the hills wearing our pants on our head. You are one strong, incredible lady to be as awesome as you are after all that.
      Indeed! I admire you for that Jumbly*huggles*

Apparently yes, it can follow like that. My mum had 4 fairly short labours (all under 10 hours) and mine was under 9 hours from the first contraction to him coming out. My sister in law had 6 kids (one set of twins so 5 labours) and they were all, apparently very short. Her daughter - my niece - has never laboured longer than 3 hours. I have to admit, although a short labour sounds wonderful, it's a bit of a shock when you've mentally prepared for it to be several hours. Mine went horribly wrong at the end - in a midwife slamming her hand on the emergency button way that I won't scare bore you with but I'd still do it all again in a heartbeat if I could.
      Not going though; even if I won the pools and could chuck another £20K at making babies there's no way I would go through all that crap, pain and heartache to get pregnant again. I've made my peace with that now, but there are still days when, for instance, like this morning when I read my niece's Facebook update and she's whinging, yet again (which she does ALL the time), about how hard her life is and how miserable she is and how anoying her three gorgeous children are and I just feel like hitting the comment button and saying "I know a hundred women who would saw off their right arm to have your life, me included, so shut the **** up and enjoy your lovely babies and thank your lucky stars you didn't go through hell to have them."
      *hugs*

It sounds weird, but I do understand a bit the whole "not being able to get kids" part and some having them and not being happy(mom and dads friends group is full with them)

Hmm, quick question for the wordsmiths among us. When addressing a letter (or in this case, an email) to a person you have never met, what's the correct salutation? I started it "Dear Paul" but that seems a tad familiar and, since this guy is effectively paying my wages, I'd rather him not think I'm a tart!

(is it wrong that the first people I thought of asking that question was you guys? )
      I'm probably not the right person to answer this, but on school I learned(in English yes ) that we did had to start with "dear" but always last name and title(if possible) if you didn't knew the person.
      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jann*

People will move on to talk about other things soon enough and then you can move on too. Regardless of what the tutor say you know you did an awesome job putting that site together, and you worked hard on it and, if anything it's taught you lots of lessons about reliance on others and about dealing with leadership. I guess you've also leartn hard work does not necessarily equal reward. *hugs*
        In any case, take comfort from all the growing and learning you've gained from the whole decable - in a week, two weeks, a month, it won't smart so badly.

*mega squishy huggles*
        sigpic

Comment

What Jumble said right there. *nods*

*squishy huggles Jumble for... well, everything you have a right to have a "moment" for* Let's face it, if half of us went through half of that we'd run screaming to the hills wearing our pants on our head. You are one strong, incredible lady to be as awesome as you are after all that.

And I bet you get kind of slightly uncomfortable when people call you strong or brave or incredible or inspirational don't you? And that's what makes you Awesome, you see.
          Yes

Hmm, quick question for the wordsmiths among us. When addressing a letter (or in this case, an email) to a person you have never met, what's the correct salutation? I started it "Dear Paul" but that seems a tad familiar and, since this guy is effectively paying my wages, I'd rather him not think I'm a tart!

(is it wrong that the first people I thought of asking that question was you guys? )
          Emails do tend to be a bit less formal, but if it was me I'd go with Dear Mr Whatever, just to be on the safe side

Comment

Thanks Cags*hugs*

The three of you(and my friend) really cheered me up...and made sure that it is good and I learned from it which is probably the most important thing (I'm on school to learn right?) Perhaps it is also so because I almost got "used" to the high grades(which I got fairly easy) and I just needed this kick in the bum to set me straight again.

On a rofl note...
            Phone just rang and it was for my brother(Tim; 24) ...it was about if he wanted a funeral insurance now he's 24 FCOL...I certainly want him to go along another 50 years...
            And second thing...have to go to doc for my foot again and was afraid I had to go on the bike, but saw dad's car at home....so called him and said "dad can I borrow your car, I won't break it and I know you took your keys with you but I know where you hid the spare ones ...so PLEASE...I don't wanna go on the bike...it's coooooold..." And it so worked *loves being daddies(sp?) little girl and abusing that status*
            sigpic

Comment

Jann. As soon as I turned 35 I kept getting calls from companies asking me if I wanted to take out women's health insurance. I think one look and my gynacological medical records and thet'd run a mile. I'm guessing I am not a good insurance bet.

Thanks Jumble and Jann, I will do with "dear Mr" then.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Well you could always do it the other way........ you know, get married, have a kid, get divorced, struggle on your own for a couple of years, get married again, have another kid, get divorced, struggle on your own for a few more years, meet a 'nice' guy, live with him for a while, have another kid, get beaten to a pulp a few times, come to your senses and get rid of him, avoid men like the plague for fifteen years while you struggle to bring up three kids on your own............

Sound like a good idea?

Trust me, if you want children the best way is to wait for the right guy, settle down with him and have your family whilst still keeping your own identity and career. Being a mum doesn't stop you being yourself, it just adds another dimension to your life and enriches it. Marriage doesn't have to 'tie you down', that's a very old-fashioned way of thinking. Life should be an adventure, and having a partner to share it with more than doubles the enjoyment of it.

So I'm told
                ...Or, you could find the perfect guy, who values your individuality and encourages your independence, marry said guy and then never get pregnant. Ever. And go through years and years of waiting and heartbreak and tens of thousands of dollars for each child you bring into your home. And then, you'll be wishing you could go through the pain and misery of child birth, because it surely has to be easier than dealing with a corrupt adoption system and bankrupting yourself to be a mother.

...er...

Yes, I'm a tad bitter today. Sorry.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Sarai I kinda want to stop thinking about it, but when everyone at school is talking about it, it doesn't really help...
                  Fair point Jann.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Sarai, you're feeling like that because of the job situation, and because you're in the aftermath of all the hassle with the house.

Remember last year when you were all telling me things wood get better? Think I believed you? But things are better, and they'll get better for you as well. You have Dave (I mean, I know he's an ugly weed, but he's your ugly weed ) and you have a nice new home, good health................ and of course..
                  At the moment I'd love to say SE was giving me something to look forward to, and don't get me wrong it is, but it doesn't stop me worrying about the finances . Anyway, I'm positive something will happen.

Besides, the sticking-your-head in the sand routine appeals to me atm.

And I am counting my blessings *hugs*

Apparently yes, it can follow like that. My mum had 4 fairly short labours (all under 10 hours) and mine was under 9 hours from the first contraction to him coming out. My sister in law had 6 kids (one set of twins so 5 labours) and they were all, apparently very short. Her daughter - my niece - has never laboured longer than 3 hours. I have to admit, although a short labour sounds wonderful, it's a bit of a shock when you've mentally prepared for it to be several hours. Mine went horribly wrong at the end - in a midwife slamming her hand on the emergency button way that I won't scare bore you with but I'd still do it all again in a heartbeat if I could.
                  Interesting. Well whether or not it's a better thing that relieves me a bit .

I wood agree with Jann and Jumble, Dear Mr... is a lot more formal and email is informal enough without that.

People will move on to talk about other things soon enough and then you can move on too. Regardless of what the tutor say you know you did an awesome job putting that site together, and you worked hard on it and, if anything it's taught you lots of lessons about reliance on others and about dealing with leadership. I guess you've also leartn hard work does not necessarily equal reward. *hugs*
                  In any case, take comfort from all the growing and learning you've gained from the whole decable - in a week, two weeks, a month, it won't smart so badly.

*mega squishy huggles*
                  Very well put Cags.

I must say Jann speaking from where I am now the tutor's opinion really doesn't matter for a lot as long as you believe in your work and can argue a case well in it's defence .

EDIT: (((LJ)))
                  Last edited by Sarai; 21 January 2010, 06:39 AM.

Comment

*huggles LJ*

You vent. Venting is good.

*kicks U.S. adoption system*

I have to say, not a day goes by when I don't count myself lucky that my last gasp IVF "it'll never work, why should it when none of the others have" attempt actually proved me wrong and went ahead and worked. I can't even begin to describe to someone who has never struggled to have a child what it does to you psychologically and emotionally. You just feel like you're not complete - not a real woman, broken somehow in some fundemental way. It's the one basic biological thing we're designed to do. I know you know exactly what I am saying and I know you know too that, even though we both have children which have come to us through different paths, those feelings and the damage it does you your psyche never really heals.
                    I was very lucky, at the very start of my journey, to find a group of friends (on the internet of course ) who knew my pain and shared my journey and that has been the biggest livesaver for me. And I mean that in a very literal sense. They gave me strength when I thought I had none and I shared their joy and heartbreak, much like we share each other's here on this thread. I know ladies on that site have read my story and told me I'm an inspiration which, like Jumble, always makes me a bit miffed since I don't feel like one - I just feel like a person trying to fulfill my potential. But you know there's nothing quite like offloading onto others when things are not going great and you need to. There's always someone out there with a virtual hug, who really, geuninely wants to take away your pain and just make you feel warm and fuzzy.

*Massive squishy hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      ...Or, you could find the perfect guy, who values your individuality and encourages your independence, marry said guy and then never get pregnant. Ever. And go through years and years of waiting and heartbreak and tens of thousands of dollars for each child you bring into your home. And then, you'll be wishing you could go through the pain and misery of child birth, because it surely has to be easier than dealing with a corrupt adoption system and bankrupting yourself to be a mother.

...er...

You have every right to be bitter. If I were in your position I'm sure I'd be gnashing my teeth seeing how so many girls get pregnant really easily and then don't seem to value their kids. I see it all the time and it makes me mad, let alone someone in yours and Cags' positions Life isn't just unfair, it's often just downright cruel

And I know it probably won't help, but remember you do have two beautiful children and a wonderful husband. Take comfort in them, and know that we're all out here rooting for you to catch the break that you deserve........ soon *huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

...er...

*hugs*

and erm...what Jumble said...

Me iz sucky with words

You know all this child/birthing/thinking about it...makes me feel SO young Makes me realize how much I still have in front of me *swallows* Uh oh.
                        Let's start with a lovely guy...which in my case will be already an issue since I have to stop with my "love for dumping guys"(as my dad calls it) although all those "samples" did help me realize better and better what I look for in a guy

*huggles again and finds quiet corner to work on her report*

and now I'm curious who will believe that
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *hugs*

and erm...what Jumble said...

Me iz sucky with words

You know all this child/birthing/thinking about it...makes me feel SO young Makes me realize how much I still have in front of me *swallows* Uh oh.
                          Let's start with a lovely guy...which in my case will be already an issue since I have to stop with my "love for dumping guys"(as my dad calls it) although all those "samples" did help me realize better and better what I look for in a guy

*huggles again and finds quiet corner to work on her report*

and now I'm curious who will believe that
                          Which is the whole object of meeting different people, getting to know them and then deciding if they are right for you or not

Besides, it's FUN!!

Well it should be

Comment

*takes head out of sand*

*runs through thread...nekkid*

Comment

Love the new location Sarai *bounces*

Comment

Oh my gorgeous Woohoo friends, so many of you need hugs today I've got rid of my MQ because it was GINORMOUS so I will say this instead, to all of you:

I am always genuinely in awe at this amazing group of people here, at our strength, our wisdom, our capacity for love and our generosity to each other. Whenever anyone is down, or having a bad day, or stressed, no matter how big or small the problem, everyone just rallies round with the best and sanest advice and warmth and suddenly, even if it can't solve the problem, it lifts our spirits. You are all amazing and wonderful people and I cannot tell you enough how much I value you all as friends, and how impressive it is that we value and care for each other in the way that we do.

((((((((((Woohoos))))))))))
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X