X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*enters thread with back-up dancers and a jazzy showtune*

And yes. I will sing this entire post!

OK. I'll just stick with the dancers.

I'm really just here to act offended about being mentioned right after 'really old hand'.
    Jeez.

I don't really recall the penguin story either. It had something to do with older old hands, and a random mention of penguins that somehow stuck and everyone just ran with it? I remember being hugely disappointed when I read the origin story.

*crossing fingers for a good job resolution, Dee*
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      'Right Hand Man' could have been written for the first scenes of The Muskies S3
      Quite a lot of my recent Muskies art is paired with Hamilton quotes My current sig, for one.

I guess a live on-stage musical would be a lot different to a movie? I'm half persuaded that I should go see it.........

I did enjoy seeing 'Stomp' a few years back, not that it could really be classed as a 'musical'
      Definitely! There's nothing quite like a live show I am quite ridiculously excited about the prospect of seeing Hamilton

So am I possibly maybe converting you?!

I think I'm the only person in the world that hated 'Frozen' 'Tangled' was at least watchable
      I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen Frozen

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

I'm really just here to act offended about being mentioned right after 'really old hand'.
      Jeez.

I don't really recall the penguin story either. It had something to do with older old hands, and a random mention of penguins that somehow stuck and everyone just ran with it? I remember being hugely disappointed when I read the origin story.

Sorry But you're older than me in GW terms and I know I'm pretty ancient now

(I'm appreciating the backing dancers. They're very good.)
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

As I remember there was something about Penguins mating for life...I think it was Mala and Melissa and Oma who came up with it. Or one of them... And something about a petition that the thread organized where shippers sent out penguins to the studio, or to the writers... Idk, and since then s&j shippers where called the penguins.
        And that's how polar bears also got their bad name
        Anything sounds familiar?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        *waves and squishy huggles* Deeeeee!!!!! Come to Hamilton, come to Hamilton! I'll go with you (I have plans to see it MANY times) and maybe some other Woohoos will too and even if they don't we can have a Woohoomeet while you're over
        Oh Jumble. It's not just a musical. It's a hip hop inspired musical retelling of the life of Alexander Hamilton. It's incredibly inventive, emotive, and clever. It has 18th century cabinet debates recast as rap battles. It has King George III singing sad songs about losing the colonies. It has America's favourite fighting Frenchman. It has rhymes you could only dream of. And Peggy. It's amazing.
        *huuglles*
        I will definitely try, if there's any way, I'll find it! I really really love it, listened to it on yt many times, though I don't understand all the history like you do I think.
        Such a beautiful way to describe the show!! All warm inside

And good luck on the jobs front! My cousin is currently living in Sofia, and he loves it
        Thank you! Either Budapest or Sofia is a good thing for me, 'cause I'd just be hours from home, and they have good projects.

I have so many plans atm, In the end I probably wont go anywhere

But I'd grit my teeth and go if Dee comes over
        So honored! But as Josi said you wouldn't have to go...If I come I'm gonna be staying a while!
        Though I see that Josi has you slowly convinced thee-hee

While we're on the subject I also love The Last Ship... sting's musical/concert/thing.

I think I'm the only person in the world that hated 'Frozen' 'Tangled' was at least watchable
        *raises hand* I didn't like Frozen. And it didn't help that I had a friend who would randomly sing it to me, multiple.times.a.day... Plus, my niece was obssesed with it. She would listen to it in english, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, french... *kicks Frozen* *hard*
        Tangled I adore though.

Jeez.

Good singing
        Thankkk you! <3
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Jeez.

Oh dear, as S/J shippers we're total failures! I'm sure there's a link somewhere to the origin of the Penquins and Polar Bears, but it's been lost in the mists of time

Quite a lot of my recent Muskies art is paired with Hamilton quotes My current sig, for one.

Definitely! There's nothing quite like a live show I am quite ridiculously excited about the prospect of seeing Hamilton

So am I possibly maybe converting you?!
          Maybe..........

I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen Frozen
          I wish I hadn't - yet another hyped-up movie that disappointed

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          As I remember there was something about Penguins mating for life...I think it was Mala and Melissa and Oma who came up with it. Or one of them... And something about a petition that the thread organized where shippers sent out penguins to the studio, or to the writers... Idk, and since then s&j shippers where called the penguins.
          And that's how polar bears also got their bad name
          Anything sounds familiar?
          Vaguely.......

*huuglles*
          I will definitely try, if there's any way, I'll find it! I really really love it, listened to it on yt many times, though I don't understand all the history like you do I think.
          Such a beautiful way to describe the show!! All warm inside

Thank you! Either Budapest or Sofia is a good thing for me, 'cause I'd just be hours from home, and they have good projects.

I have so many plans atm. In the end I probably wont go anywhere
          You must! You have to do these things while you're young, because it's the things you didn't do that you regret the most - take it from one who knows

So honored! But as Josi said you wouldn't have to go...If I come I'm gonna be staying a while!
          Though I see that Josi has you slowly convinced thee-hee
          Almost...........

*raises hand* I didn't like Frozen. And it didn't help that I had a friend who would randomly sing it to me, multiple.times.a.day... Plus, my niece was obssesed with it. She would listen to it in english, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, french... *kicks Frozen* *hard*
          Tangled I adore though.
          And you call her a friend?

Sadly, when you work with children you find yourself watching some really rubbish stuff I mean really, Peppa Pig?

Comment

Maybe..........

<snippety snip>

Almost...........

Sadly, when you work with children you find yourself watching some really rubbish stuff I mean really, Peppa Pig?
            Oh but Peppa Pig means Bekki! I miss Bekki round here

Thankfully Frozen passed my nephews by. They're super into Go Jetters and Octonauts at the moment. I have had the plots and characters and things explained to me in very great detail on many occasions...
            sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Bekki, am I right in thinking she's getting married this week-end?

Your nephews have good taste

Comment

It's certainly soon, but I'm not sure if it's this weekend.

And they do
                sigpic

Comment

It's certainly soon, but I'm not sure if it's this weekend.

And they do
                  sigpic

Comment

She had a 14 day countdown more than a week ago and her hen party was last week-end, so.........

Comment

The penguin story is related to them mating for life. Shippers held onto that one and it took off from that. One shipper in particular named PengYn, took the name and ran with it?

And that's all I remember. It was a very long time ago!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

She had a 14 day countdown more than a week ago and her hen party was last week-end, so.........
                        Must be, then! Ooohhh exciting!
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Frozen is ok. I liked that is wasn't about a teenage girl falling in love and getting married with some princey douche.

Sorry But you're older than me in GW terms and I know I'm pretty ancient now

(I'm appreciating the backing dancers. They're very good.)
                          I'm turning 10 this december.
                          Most of you are right behind me...

EDIT: Oh wow. Maybe not right behind me. 'cept for Wendy. She old, man.

Thanks. They're not getting paid.

I need to read FB more often.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          The penguin story is related to them mating for life. Shippers held onto that one and it took off from that. One shipper in particular named PengYn, took the name and ran with it?

And that's all I remember. It was a very long time ago!
                          Yeah. That really is mildly disappointing.
                          It needs more fire and explosions.

We should just make something up.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

WooHoo Advent calendar:

1 Jumble
                            2 Jumble
                            3 Nad
                            4 Dee
                            5 Jumble
                            6 Nad
                            8 Jumble
                            9 Josi
                            10 Nad
                            12 Jumble
                            13 Dee
                            15 Jumble
                            16 Nad
                            18 Josi
                            20 Nad
                            21 Jumble
                            22 Dee
                            24 Josi
                            25 Nad

Just don't expect anything fancy for these days...

sigpic

Comment

WooHoo Advent calendar:

1 Jumble
                              2 Jumble
                              3 Nad
                              4 Dee
                              5 Jumble
                              6 Nad
                              8 Jumble
                              9 Josi
                              10 Nad
                              11 Jann
                              12 Jumble
                              13 Dee
                              15 Jumble
                              16 Nad
                              18 Josi
                              19 Jann
                              20 Nad
                              21 Jumble
                              22 Dee
                              24 Josi
                              25 Nad

Time for me to dust of PS and do something with it again Do I still know how it works
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Time for me to dust of PS and do something with it again Do I still know how it works
                                lol, I have Gimp open and it feels all strange...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X