• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *hugs WooHoos*

Haven't been here in three weeks.
    How did that happen?
    Turning 30 made me lose my perception of time.

Turning 30 - OMG -30? That is so far back for me I can't really remember what I did on that bday. Oh well, ancient history for me!

Jumble - we can deal with it way into next year. Too soon now. And you could always get a one-day ticket (if they sell the again) and spend the weekend...just a thought. But again nothing to deal with until at least we have a date for it.

Off to go relax some more....this is one of those "days" and I feel like lounging around in my pj's all day! Mind you clean ones put on this am but still my pj's!

Looks around = waves at Wendy!
    sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I can't even remember what I did on birthday 29...

I've been lounging too! Not in the PJ's, but I do have 'I'm not going out today, so f* it' oufits and they're close enough.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        To be honest, I can't even remember what I did on birthday 29...

I've been lounging too! Not in the PJ's, but I do have 'I'm not going out today, so f* it' oufits and they're close enough.

Don't feel bad, I can remember two maybe three birthdays that have any significance to me. The rest were basically - just another day in my almost 70 years plopping around this earth. Few things I've learned - time will keep on going no matter how much you protest, you can't go backwards in time (no time travel sorry) no matter how much you want it and somehow, I keep having birthdays and they seem to be getting closer together. But since I really don't celebrate anymore (last one was my 65th and my brother insisted). However, that is one that I do remember because it was the last one I actually celebrated and it was the last one with my brother who passed not that much later.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Don't feel bad, I can remember two maybe three birthdays that have any significance to me. The rest were basically - just another day in my almost 70 years plopping around this earth. Few things I've learned - time will keep on going no matter how much you protest, you can't go backwards in time (no time travel sorry) no matter how much you want it and somehow, I keep having birthdays and they seem to be getting closer together. But since I really don't celebrate anymore (last one was my 65th and my brother insisted). However, that is one that I do remember because it was the last one I actually celebrated and it was the last one with my brother who passed not that much later.
          Life is so hard that any extra year we get on this Earth should be celebrated. If for nothing else, to keep the memory of those who are no longer here. I don't do anything special on my bday but I like to spend time with loved ones. This year, as I was working away from home, they traveled 250 km to be with me. It was so cool
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            Life is so hard that any extra year we get on this Earth should be celebrated. If for nothing else, to keep the memory of those who are no longer here. I don't do anything special on my bday but I like to spend time with loved ones. This year, as I was working away from home, they traveled 250 km to be with me. It was so cool

Sadly, I don't have much family left and actually, most birthdays don't seem to matter that much anymore. Although this is going to be my 70th birthday so it is a little more important than most. But I am one of the last surviving members of my family. My sister-in-law is still alive as is their son and his family, but I only normally see them at Xmas. Other then one aunt and a few cousins that is about it. So I've learn to make do with what there is so on my birthday I will most likely take myself out to breakfast or lunch somewhere. Probably breakfast and go to the House of Pancakes. Breakfast is one meal I rarely eat out and I enjoy a good breakfast. Mind you this is not a complaint....just the way it is. And I'll really enjoy that breakfast!
            sigpic

Comment

Waves back to Laurie!

I do lurk here a lot, but I need to be better at posting for sure.
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Haven't been here much myself lately - toilet training two little ones needs my 100% attention

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Is that when you will be retiring? Not really that far away! The day I left work for the last time was weird. They sent me home before lunch - about 10 am. They literally locked me out (which is what they do for everyone there). It wasn't like I didn't want to go, but I really wanted to have that last lunch with everyone. But once I was home I just smiled and smile. It is different but a whole new life full of time to do a lot of things you have put off.
                I get my pension November 2017 but will still be working to July 2018 (at least) when my youngest little one leaves me. I'm going to have to do something after that because the State Pension is a pittance There won't be much to smile about once I'm fully retired.
                Last edited by Jumble; 11 November 2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Apparently it's Martin's name day

Happy Martin Day *thee-hee*

*huggles Jan* Seen your recent pic on fb, you're looking fab! <3

*huggles the rest of the Woohoos* just 'cuz
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*huggles Dee*

Comment

*pokes head in*

Ugh, RL is particularly crazy right now. So busy But one exciting thing - I bought a new car at the weekend It's blue and cute and I should have it by next weekend

*huggles you all*
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oooh! New car is so exciting! Pics please

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Yes. Pics!

EDIT: I'm not busy. I have no valid excuse for not being around.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Here

I haven't actually got it yet - it's being registered and so on. It should be ready for me to pick up at the weekend It's my first ever brand new car as opposed to second hand ones
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That sure is blue and cute, Josi.
                              Looks awesome!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Here

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/th_89E452DC-186C-4AB0-9383-55E2CFB07177.jpg

I haven't actually got it yet - it's being registered and so on. It should be ready for me to pick up at the weekend It's my first ever brand new car as opposed to second hand ones
                                Oh, very cute! There is nothing in the world like the feeling you get when you drive off the forecourt in your brand new car And if you're like me, you'll never buy a second one again

Edit: So do we get to vote on a name for him? How about Trumpet?

*runz away giggling*

Comment

Working...
                                X