No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry to hear about your mom being sick EH-T. That is always so hard to deal with. I've been through it and I wish you both the best.
    sigpic

Comment

Here again and not even a guest is around. So what does one talk about if no one is there? I have nothing. Hope everyone that wants to go can go to AT9. I am going to miss it for the first time since I knew that the AT events existed. First one was AT3. That's when I first started to meet everyone and get a whole new set of great friends. But sadly, we can't seem to coordinate these days. Really going to miss not seeing you Jumble. I was hoping to spend a few days visiting. Maybe next time if there is another time. Ticket sales aren't what they were when Amanda was a regular on a series. People tend to forget what they can't see in front of them (sadly)! Well off to feed the cats and make some dinner. Anyone want to join me - I have a bbq chicken, roast squash, freshly (soon to be made) dinner rolls and a salad....all very good! Oh and there is wine if you like such stuff! Won't be eating for about an hour - come on over!
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry Laurie, I tend to be asleep at 1am

I think if there is an AT10 I wood probably go

Mmmm.... bbq chicken sounds yummy! Hope you enjoyed it

Comment

Jumble..will you be at AT9? I won't be there but hoping for AT10. It was nice meeting you at AT5. I had asked a question in the Gabit forum "Creating a poll for future AT event" but no answers from staff.

Comment

No, I'm not going to AT9, but hoping for AT10

Comment

Bringing this over here because Martin is in there..............

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Sorry Laurie, I tend to be asleep at 1am I think if there is an AT10 I wood probably go Mmmm.... bbq chicken sounds yummy! Hope you enjoyed it
                You're asleep - I'm not, well close to but not quite. Although the last few days I have been going to bed earlier. That is what happens when you sit around a lot with your leg raised to get rid of the swelling. And the chicken was excellent - got a whisky/ bbq sauce on it (don't really taste the whisky) but very tasty!

I hope there is an AT10. I will get there one way or the other. Maybe if I started a few weeks early I can row over or maybe not! But this time I would like to stay in the UK for more then about 5 days. It really is way to expensive for less then one week but I have been doing that the last few times. Once they (hopefully) announce a date - I'll make arrangements to visit with people or travel around with someone for awhile. Then again - if it doesn't happen for about 1 1/2 years - I'll be 72 and probably less mobile. Hmmm! going to have to start walking more - that is as soon as I can walk again!
                sigpic

Comment

THERE IS GOING TO BE AN AT10 IN THE SPRING OF 2018

Julia Hague announced on Facebook (and at AT9) that there will be one more AT event in the spring of 2018 - in about 16 months. It's not for awhile, but at least there is one more event.

Jumble - that means you might go to that one? Hoping so. Especially since it might well be my last time I will go to the UK since it is becoming more difficult these days.

NOTE: The following came as a reply to a comment on Facebook:

From Julia Hague: Amanda and I have discussed at length our future and it has been decided (and she announced today at AT9) that there WILL be an AT10 in the Spring of 2018.

AT10 will be a huge celebration of our, by then, 13 years of solo events with her, and across three (3) days instead of two and will be for a few more people, but in keeping with our ethos of time with Amanda, no stress and fun!

It will be the last AT format event (i.e. Only her) before we move on in future years to doing events with her fundraising for S4K with probably her bringing a guest or two along with her for the weekend.

No further details right now but I hope this clarifies things. However, this is certainly something to really look forward to! So happy about this!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in going Laurie, just depends what dates they go for

Also very interested in the change of format in the future - maybe Martin will finally make it to a UK event *crosses fingers and toes*

Comment

*crosses fingers and toes also* Good news, Laurie, thanks for bringing it over here. Would definitely be nice to go again if it's going to be the last one like that

And aw, Jumble, nice to see that sig again! Wow I made that years ago!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        *crosses fingers and toes also* Good news, Laurie, thanks for bringing it over here. Would definitely be nice to go again if it's going to be the last one like that
                        They probably won't tell us exact dates for some time. Jumble said she might go, and I'm hoping to go and it you go, let's try and arrange for the three of us to sit together. It's going to be a 3 day con this time so it would most likely be a Friday start date. You might want to save a few vacation days that is in 2018!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

And aw, Jumble, nice to see that sig again! Wow I made that years ago!
                          10th August 2011 I have absolutely no inspiration for sigs at the moment - hence the trawling through my files for older ones that haven't seen the light of day for awhile

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          They probably won't tell us exact dates for some time. Jumble said she might go, and I'm hoping to go and it you go, let's try and arrange for the three of us to sit together. It's going to be a 3 day con this time so it would most likely be a Friday start date. You might want to save a few vacation days that is in 2018!
                          I'll still be working until July 2018 and it's very difficult to get time off during term time. Just have to hope they pick a date that I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            10th August 2011 I have absolutely no inspiration for sigs at the moment - hence the trawling through my files for older ones that haven't seen the light of day for awhile

I'll still be working until July 2018 and it's very difficult to get time off during term time. Just have to hope they pick a date that I can do.
                            Is that when you will be retiring? Not really that far away! The day I left work for the last time was weird. They sent me home before lunch - about 10 am. They literally locked me out (which is what they do for everyone there). It wasn't like I didn't want to go, but I really wanted to have that last lunch with everyone. But once I was home I just smiled and smile. It is different but a whole new life full of time to do a lot of things you have put off.
                            sigpic

Comment

*hops in*

Haven't been here in aaaaages!!!

*huggles all*

I've seen some of y'all on FB though!

Life is still crazy for me Work is insane right now(one colleague retiring, new one started this week...since the other new one didn't make it through the first month!), having my own house now is awesome though! Doggies and I love it!
                              As for the subject men...crazy as always...but for some reason I just can't stick to one

*huggles Martin* coz I haven't done that for ages!

Hope everyone is doing awesome! I did read some of the last pages and I wood love to go to an event one day...so perhaps there is still some hoping

*runs around nekkid* Just because I can!

*huggles again*
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Haven't been here in three weeks.
                                How did that happen?
                                Turning 30 made me lose my perception of time.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X