The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this...

It was such a nice gesture. I was so happy when I got this.

And yes, Nad. I feel the same. I never actually met her in person and I am grieving her loss. Even if we didn't met online as often, there was a degree of comfort thinking about Nola teaching her classes, drinking her coffee in the world, talking about daughter and grand daughter, making her arties and being awesome in general. The world is a sadder place without her.
    It saddens me me looking at her DA account and thinking it will never be updated again.

Don't any of you die on me, or I'll be extremely crossed.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      The GW was not meant to sound insensitive.
      I don't do sadness very well and get a little cross when confronted with death. I like to fight it with laughter and harsh jokes and hope it'll find me lame enough to go away
      It didn't seem insensitive to me, and I think that's the best way to deal with it Better, surely, to remember a lost friend or family member for their happy times, their jokes, their help given with love, than to tarnish their memory with negativity. Not always easy, but in Nola's case there is a heck of a lot of the good stuff to remember

*huggles Estrela and Jaded Wraith for their awesome posts and squishy huggles all WooHoos*

Comment

*huggles back*
        sigpic

Comment

*tosses some colour onto the thread*

Front garden

Back garden

The 'lawn' will soon be gone!

Comment

Aww That's so lovely. I am terrible with plants.And yes, the heat kills the lawn,
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you I've always been good at growing things - and MiracleGro helps

I'm having the grass area paved over to match the existing areas - no more mowing!

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

The gardens look good, Jumble!
                I have a bunch of overgrown trees and shrubbery in the garden, but my neighbours love it. At least someone enjoys my neglect.

And a sour cherry on this 'awesome' week... Fluffy, my guinea pig, died today. Because why not.
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*squishy huggles Nad* So sorry to hear that

Comment

Oh poor fluffy...so sorry to hear it.*hugs Nad*

oh jumble, no MiracleGro would save my lack of green thumb...I also have a drier , windy climate. Fortunately, I am better with animals. I suppose you can't have it all. And yes, mowing is a pain.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh Nad That's just... ugh. *shakes fist at universe* Stop this, d'you hear? We've had enough.

*huggles*
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

If there is a heaven, or somewhere else that our souls go to after death, perhaps Nad's Fluffy has gone to be Nola's Fluffy?

In which case there are going to be a lot of bunnies and guinea pigs waiting for me when I go

*positive thinking*

Comment

I hope to see my dogs in Heaven..or I refuse to get in
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the huggles!
                            *hugs back*

I think that a 'heaven' woodn't be much of a heaven if our pets aren't there.
                            Otherwise, why go there if earth has puppies to play with?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Oh Nad That's just... ugh. *shakes fist at universe* Stop this, d'you hear? We've had enough.

*huggles*
                            Blegh yes.
                            And not just on a personal level, but the entire world seems to be going a bit insane and I'm over it. There's so much batpoo crazy going on
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Well, yes. 2016 has been a weird year. I blame David Bowie.
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Well, yes. 2016 has been a weird year. I blame David Bowie.
                                Oh my.

This makes more sense than a lot of the current (political) events do.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X