The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely start to the Advents!

Oh no on the bruising and hurt hand! But it will heal, thank goodness.

32 is old? I guess when I was 15 it seems pretty ancient. Then after 40, looking back on 30 was with a bit of perspective. Now I'm pushing 60 (not *quite* there ) and my 30s were practically being a kid. Jumble and Laurie are right - you're only as old as you think you are. Growing old is a given, but growing UP is optional
    sigpic

Comment

*Runz through, nekkid*

Advent thingies! Is there a theme? Cuz I can't decide between Joe and The Blacklist. Joe IN The Blacklist...wishing everyone Merry Christmas...? *looks dubiously at Muse*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Lovely start to the Advents!

Oh no on the bruising and hurt hand! But it will heal, thank goodness.

32 is old? I guess when I was 15 it seems pretty ancient. Then after 40, looking back on 30 was with a bit of perspective. Now I'm pushing 60 (not *quite* there ) and my 30s were practically being a kid. Jumble and Laurie are right - you're only as old as you think you are. Growing old is a given, but growing UP is optional
        I never mentioned anything about growing UP!

Today I was out doing my Xmas shopping and decided to stop at IHOP (International House of Pancakes) for dinner. Best pumpkin pancakes! Reminds me of Vancouver and the Sanctuary event. One night a whole bunch of us went to IHOP for dinner. Don't know what it is but everyone loved having breakfast for dinner. I guess that isn't done much outside the US? My Mom and I use to do it every once in awhile - and IHOP was always our favorite place to do that!
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
            *Runz through, nekkid*

Advent thingies! Is there a theme? Cuz I can't decide between Joe and The Blacklist. Joe IN The Blacklist...wishing everyone Merry Christmas...? *looks dubiously at Muse*
            No theme for the Advents, but for Martinmas........

Martinmas Theme 2015
            Cocktail Party!

1 Purple Rain
            2 Pink Lady
            3 Tequila Sunrise
            4 Bloody Mary
            5 Green Ghoul
            6 Blue Lagoon
            7 Irish Coffee
            8 White Russian
            9 Aviation Cocktail
            10 Pina Colada
            11 (Dirty) Martini!
            12 WooHoo!

Make what you will of those

Please make your masterpieces 680 x 383px so that they'll fit the vid screen and send them to me asap so I can get the vid started. You can either post your own on the relevant days or I can post them for you - let me know. Either way, get creating!

Comment

Lovely advent, Josi!

Originally posted by llp View Post
              I never mentioned anything about growing UP!

Today I was out doing my Xmas shopping and decided to stop at IHOP (International House of Pancakes) for dinner. Best pumpkin pancakes! Reminds me of Vancouver and the Sanctuary event. One night a whole bunch of us went to IHOP for dinner. Don't know what it is but everyone loved having breakfast for dinner. I guess that isn't done much outside the US? My Mom and I use to do it every once in awhile - and IHOP was always our favorite place to do that!
              We usually consider pancakes to be a 'dinner', more than a breakfast. So technically 'breakast for dinner' in my neck of the woods, wood be bread or cereal at night.
              Not that we never eat pancakes in the morning, but it's not really a thing.
              Plus, your pancakes are weird.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hm. Here we tend to eat pancakes at teatime, and only on one day a year (Pancake Day )

Breakfast cereals are very often eaten in the evening - go figure

Comment

And with lemon or plain syrup
                  we usually have pancakes in the morning with maple syrup. Oh, and your pancakes are more what we would call crepes
                  sigpic

Comment

No syrup here - lemon and sugar!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      And with lemon or plain syrup
                      we usually have pancakes in the morning with maple syrup. Oh, and your pancakes are more what we would call crepes
                      True.
                      Though to us, crepes are slightly different from pancakes. They're even thinner, sweeter and more a dessert dish

Man, those pancakes get around.
                      Culinary hussies.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      No syrup here - lemon and sugar!
                      Syrup or Ham and cheese! Or apple!
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Hmm...

Pancakes...

I want pancakes.

I have no pancakes.

sigpic

Comment

Ham and cheese?

Comment

Oh yeah!

sigpic

Comment

I'm now remembering the pancake carousel restaurant in Amsterdam where my sister and I ate every day when we went there years ago Savoury pancakes followed by sweet Gave myself a bad case of indigestion wolfing down an absolutely enormous confection of strawberries and cream before running through the rain to a concert at the Concertgebouw It was on Weteringschans, IIRC. Is it still there, Nad?

Yay for the advents
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*Neeeeeekiiiiiid!*

(Aren't you all glad I'm back?)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X