The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, a touch on the warm side

I've just been to a talk by Peter Jackson, he of the Lord of the Rings movies. Lots of interesting insights on directing and production and special effects. Best quote: "directing is mostly just answering questions".
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

30C here - melting

Comment

.... so it probably wasn't a good idea to walk up to Tesco Express

But worth it, because I got £42 worth of my favourite wine for £27 Very handy, for I had some very good news today and I'm definitely in the mood for some celebrating

Comment

Excellent! Are we allowed to ask what you're celebrating? But I'm glad you're happy! *hugs*

I'm having a klutzy day, apparently. I have friends coming to stay tomorrow and so was just getting the bedding and things ready, when I tripped over my futon, fell on my backside, landed on my bad wrist, and then after I got up, promptly tripped over the step ladder too Ouch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Excellent! Are we allowed to ask what you're celebrating? But I'm glad you're happy! *hugs*
            I don't really want to explain, it's a long and painful tale (the one I didn't want to talk about at the Oxford WooHooMeet ) - but today it came to it's conclusion leaving me professionally unscathed I'm going to have to live with the consequences, family-wise, but since none of it was my doing I'm probably going to take the least painful option and just walk away.

So that's two battles I've won this month - one more to go *snuggles up to Athos and raises glass* Cheers!

I'm having a klutzy day, apparently. I have friends coming to stay tomorrow and so was just getting the bedding and things ready, when I tripped over my futon, fell on my backside, landed on my bad wrist, and then after I got up, promptly tripped over the step ladder too Ouch
            You have other friends? And they're not sorting their own bedding??? Pht!

A very ouchy moment *huggles gently*

Comment

Well hurrah to that! *raises glass* I will keep my fingers crossed for the third battle for you, but sounds like the stars are on your side
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks It's about time the tide turned - I've come very close to drowning these last few months

Just go careful though - with your fingers crossed you might not be able to save yourself next time you trip

Comment

I like Dark Matters. I didn't like Olympus (sorry Martin )

I want my Athos back *wails*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    I like Dark Matters. I didn't like Olympus (sorry Martin )

I want my Athos back *wails*

I also am enjoying Dark Matters. Has some excellent potential. But I could only watch 2 episodes of Olympus. I couldn't relate to any of the characters in that one and really didn't like them as characters very much!

And Jumble - very glad you have something to celebrate - always good!

I think a lack of income and too many bills is effecting a lot of people right now. Seems like the "middle class" is getting split in two. There seems to be a small amount joining the upper middle class as they advance forward and a very much larger portion either staying still and being left behind and just falling behind even father. The majority of the (center of the) middle class is gone or are hanging on check to check praying nothing major (in expenses) hits them the next few years (good luck with that!)

Josi, you need to be careful - I can tell you it only gets worse the order you get and the more klutzy you also get!
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I'd like to see Dark Matter.
                      I'll have to look into that...

Yay for celebrations, Jumble!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      *hugs*
                      It did make me giggle a little.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Drinking a cold bottle of Baywood rose and binge-watching Athos dvds - perfect way to spend a Saturday

Comment

I've been back at my old college for an afternoon picnic followed by tea and strawberries with a lot of my old uni friends (and their various offspring, from five months to nearly eight years old). Lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon
                          sigpic

Comment

So......... Musketeers - lots of swashbuckling, swordfighting, pistol-firing and political ingtrigue.......... so why then do I find myself at the end of most episodes very teary-eyed and emotional?

I blame Athos *nods*

And for being so not sober...............

Comment

ish

Comment

Been to a music/ streettheater festival and pretended it was Woodstock.
                                ...only with a Guns 'n' Roses coverband.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X