No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a little bit of trouble planning my AT7 trip. It's more complicated than I thought with the new town, the new school and my new life here in general. Good thing: AT7 is during my reading week, so I don't have classes. It's only the Monday after that ends up being problematic school-wise. The list of pros and cons seems to get bigger and bigger so I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say I'm giving myself until the end of October. I know I should be looking into plane tickets and rooms at the hotel, but I'm not ready to book anything just yet...

*sigh*

My parents came to visit yesterday afternoon. They brought the last of my stuff (hopefully I won't need anything else!), and they stayed for lunch. When they left, I finished putting up my con pictures on my wall. You might have seen it on FB, but for those of you who didn't, here's my convention corner:
    Spoiler:

My dad started getting back in shape in February. He lost 40 pounds, and about two weeks ago, he decided to get back to fencing. He used to be really really good. (He was in the final selections for the Canadian olympic team one year. He didn't make it in the actual team, but it's still pretty impressive if you ask me.) So anyway, he's been at it for a week now. His first veteran competition his in October. He's so excited! He's like a kid. It makes me so happy for him.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      I'm having a little bit of trouble planning my AT7 trip. It's more complicated than I thought with the new town, the new school and my new life here in general. Good thing: AT7 is during my reading week, so I don't have classes. It's only the Monday after that ends up being problematic school-wise. The list of pros and cons seems to get bigger and bigger so I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say I'm giving myself until the end of October. I know I should be looking into plane tickets and rooms at the hotel, but I'm not ready to book anything just yet...

*sigh*

My parents came to visit yesterday afternoon. They brought the last of my stuff (hopefully I won't need anything else!), and they stayed for lunch. When they left, I finished putting up my con pictures on my wall. You might have seen it on FB, but for those of you who didn't, here's my convention corner:
      Spoiler:

My dad started getting back in shape in February. He lost 40 pounds, and about two weeks ago, he decided to get back to fencing. He used to be really really good. (He was in the final selections for the Canadian olympic team one year. He didn't make it in the actual team, but it's still pretty impressive if you ask me.) So anyway, he's been at it for a week now. His first veteran competition his in October. He's so excited! He's like a kid. It makes me so happy for him.
      Happy for your Dad - always good to have happy parents!

As for the con - I suggest you might want to get the room anyhow. You can always cancel without putting out one penny. They ask for a credit card but don't use it until you actually arrive and then not really until you leave! If you need a roomy then get a room with 2 beds and once you have made up your mind - start posting on Gabit site and FB Gabit sight! Should still be able to get someone without much effort! Hope you can come.
      sigpic

Comment

I was suppose to have company come by this afternoon so I spent several hours vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. Just got an email asking if I could drop by their place instead because their car isn't doing very well and they don't want to go out in the rain - but okay for me to drown myself! Worst part - wasn't planning on cleaning until next weekend!

Hey JUMBLE- sent you a GW email!
        Last edited by llp; 30 September 2013, 01:15 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I was suppose to have company come by this afternoon so I spent several hours vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. Just got an email asking if I could drop by their place instead because their car isn't doing very well and they don't want to go out in the rain - but okay for me to drown myself! Worst part - wasn't planning on cleaning until next weekend!

Hey JUMBLE- sent you a GW email!
          Sucks. I understand about the car, but the rain, that's not an excuse.

Bright side: No need to clean next weekend if all is done now!
          sigpic

Comment

Jumble- I know I am become a "pest" about this - but would you check you GW email again = another question for you!
            sigpic

Comment

*runs in with hugs*

Is busy and underpaid. *nods*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*runz through nekkid*
                sigpic

Comment

Seeing LJ run nekkid does always make you feel like you're home...

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I have my flat! I am officially a homeowner!

*happy dances and twirls and throws confetti everywhere*

Not moved in yet, going to take the next couple of days to clean and get furniture in but by the weekend I'll be in my new home
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yay Josi! *throws confetti*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Not moved in yet, going to take the next couple of days to clean and get furniture in but by the weekend I'll be in my new home

Ah, congrats! So very happy for you. Great way to come online today and see this!
                        sigpic

Comment

WooHood!!!
                          Awesome

sigpic

Comment

AWESOME!!!!

So, next week-end at yours then?

Comment

Congrats!!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                AWESOME!!!!

So, next week-end at yours then?

Congrats Josi The Homeowner.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X