X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Looks like life just sucks all around at the moment

*huggles WooHoos*
    Have to disagree with that statement - life doesn't suck - just some of the damn situations I find myself into at times. And to be honest (except for the ants) part of the situation was brought on by earlier foolishness - it just has caught up with me now (and I really didn't want it to ever catch up!) So I have to deal with it - and to be honest, I'm just not in the mood to deal even though I will have too! And that also doesn't mean I won't gripe about it! It just use to be easier to deal with situations - so days like this just makes me feel my age! Another thing I really don't like to bother with! Who ever said ignorance was bliss = boy did they have that right!
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, how about some good news? I signed about 1,000 documents last night to re-finance my mortgage. It will cut my interest rate almost in half, take 8 years off of the length of the loan, and I will have the house completely paid for by the time I retire. My husband has been talking about doing this for some time, but we finally got off our butts to set the process in motion.
      sigpic

Comment

Yay for good news!

Sucky situations make you appreciate the good hings in life more.

...Or so the cliche motivational tiles/posters say.

*hugs WooHoos*
        *shares the broccoli*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

That's fine if you can find some good things to appreciate - right now I'm not seeing any

Comment

That's fine if you can find some good things to appreciate - right now I'm not seeing any
            I just wrote a very long and moving explanation why I feel the way I do, but then realized it meant a lot to me, but probably would not mean as much to you or anyone else. So, I deleted it. Surfice to say, I am not giving up on me or life quite yet. I may gripe and bit** and have to be dragged along at times, but I am still moving forward. Looking back is only to rememeber the people I miss. Lookiing forward is facing life. It's the only direction I want to move towards. (but right now - I'm still gonna complain about those damn ants and my extra expenses I have to deal with)!

This dam* site censored my language! hehehe
            sigpic

Comment

Looks like life just sucks all around at the moment

*huggles WooHoos*
              I don't mind life sucking, so long as it's sucking on a strawberry mivvi. Or better still, a magnum.

*huggles Jumble*

Unfortunately, I have not yet found the magic formula for making life stop being a naughty beggar and behave itself but if I ever come across it, I'll be sure to pass on the secret to you.

Regarding the ants, Laurie. A tip you could try (if you're not keen on putting down poison powder) is to mix a little icing (confectioner's) sugar with cornflour (cornstarch) and sprinkle that around. About 1 part sugar to 6/7 parts cornflour. The ants will be attracted to it because it's sweet and will carry it back to the nests to the queen, who will eat it, then the the starch will expand in her belly and she'll go pop. Well that's the idea anyway. I've used that method in my wormery when I've had ants in there. Of course if you can get to the eggs to kill them, boiling hot water usually does the trick, but any kind of water to flood them out will make a difference.

Well done on the mortgage Nola. Yay! I have only 10 years left to pay on mine. Can't wait to get that over with.

*waves to Jakie, Nad, Josi and everyone*.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                I don't mind life sucking, so long as it's sucking on a strawberry mivvi. Or better still, a magnum.

*huggles Jumble*

Unfortunately, I have not yet found the magic formula for making life stop being a naughty beggar and behave itself but if I ever come across it, I'll be sure to pass on the secret to you.

Regarding the ants, Laurie. A tip you could try (if you're not keen on putting down poison powder) is to mix a little icing (confectioner's) sugar with cornflour (cornstarch) and sprinkle that around. About 1 part sugar to 6/7 parts cornflour. The ants will be attracted to it because it's sweet and will carry it back to the nests to the queen, who will eat it, then the the starch will expand in her belly and she'll go pop. Well that's the idea anyway. I've used that method in my wormery when I've had ants in there. Of course if you can get to the eggs to kill them, boiling hot water usually does the trick, but any kind of water to flood them out will make a difference.

Well done on the mortgage Nola. Yay! I have only 10 years left to pay on mine. Can't wait to get that over with.

*waves to Jakie, Nad, Josi and everyone*.
                I may try if I get desperate enough. So far I got those little houses that have poison... but the only ones that seem to be interested in them are my cats!
                sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jumble too*

Still knackered, still stressed, too tired to talk about it, but hopefully there'll be flat-moving news soon... Positive flat-buying vibes in my direction tomorrow would be greatly appreciated
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hey WooHoos. Just wanted to apologise for being so ridiculously quiet. When I got back from Jumble's birthday, the next day I was told something might be happening at work. Then the next day, some guy was being trained up and given my scheduled hours. It was a bit confusing but then I was "asked" to be checkouts team leader. I use the term loosely because it's not like I could stay if someone was being trained! Apparently, they have been "watching" me and just gave me the position instead of advertising it! Anyway, that's where I've been since and I feel like my head will explode.

I just wanted to let you guys know. I didn't realise quite how long it had been since I checked the thread until I saw how many pages I have to catch up on!

*sending you all love and good luck* :-)
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh well done Wendy. Er, well I say well done. As an ex- JS checkout manager I should say I hope you know what you've let yourself in for! A bit naughty of them not to at least consult you first though; you might have been quite happy where you were.
                      I hope there's more money in it.

Sending positive home buying vibes to you Josi. ++++ Enjoy seeing your bank accounts look very healthy (and then depressingly empty) for a few days.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Cags I hope so too. There's a little bit more money, yes. The past two weeks have been crazy! That I hope I know what I've got myself into!
                        I was happy where I was, and I feel a bit like a fish out of water. But I'll pick it up... I hope!
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

HUGE CONGRATS Wendy!!! Very happy for you

I've just got back from the dentist's, again Yet another broken tooth, well, to be exact, it was the filling that split away, but just as much of a nuisance and painful. It's been drilled out and refilled, and the good part is - I didn't have to pay! Apparently, the way the NHS system works is that if you've paid for dental treatment (not a check-up) in the previous two months you don't have to pay for further treatment Seriously needed something good to happen, and if that's the best I can get, I'll take it

I can't eat anything solid for 24 hours though.....

*wonders if a burger and chips can be liquidised and drunk through a straw* No? Oh well, it'll be good for my diet

Comment

Did you ever feel like all the good things keep happening to the others but you?

*she won't cry at work*
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oh Sil, *hugs*

Congrats Wendy!

fingers crossed for home buying

yeah for not having to pay yet again for dental work
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                Did you ever feel like all the good things keep happening to the others but you?

*she won't cry at work*
                                Oh yeah, all the flipping time.

*huggles*

*huggles Jumble* for the ouchy tooth. I didn't know that about the NHS only charging you once in a time period. That's good news. I knew there are maximum charges though and some (less scrupulous) dentists who also offer private care will claim certain things are not available on the NHS to push you to pay more privately.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X