The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that! My friend who went with me to see the movie is a HUGE Richard Armitage fan, so I think she was too distracted by him to look at the others. Kili is indeed quite hot for a dwarf.

LJ, congrats on the new job.

Josi, where in the states are you headed?
    Hoping to go to the ALA conference in Chicago at the end of June. Depends on whether I can get funding from work again this year
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Martin Wood and Gillian Horvath on PNW: http://www.impactonline.co/features/...ution-part-two

sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Josi, do you know you've completely blown apart the 'boring and bookish' impression most people have of Librarians? You're the most travelled person I know, and you make librarianism look very exciting

Comment

Originally posted by ladygalaxyj View Post
          they really need to invent a cheaper way of travelling. If the plane ticket wasn't that expensive, i could be there. (because let's face it, you can usually find a not too expensive hotel if you take your time and look and convention tickets are not that bad -- it's the flight cost that kills it every time ). *sighs*

Exactly! Especially now that I'm officially retired and my income is now "fixed" - I have to watch some of my expenses!
          Last edited by llp; 08 January 2013, 11:03 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Josi, do you know you've completely blown apart the 'boring and bookish' impression most people have of Librarians? You're the most travelled person I know, and you make librarianism look very exciting
            Aww *blushes* Wow. Well, I like to think I'm not like the stereotype
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Hoping to go to the ALA conference in Chicago at the end of June. Depends on whether I can get funding from work again this year
              Oh, that's right, that's coming up! Chicago sounds like a fun place to have it. A classmate and I almost did the Young Adult Library Services conference, but neither of could swing it in the end. I'll have to see if I know anyone going. I know students get a discount, I'd love to go myself.

LOL! Doesn't she? But that's a good thing. Why must librarians and student librarians be 'boring and bookish'? Librarianship can be very exciting!
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Me too! Whenever someone says I look like a librarian with my glasses I get so miffed! I do not want to give in to the stereotype. I will be a quirky, stylish, geek librarian! Even if I need glasses.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                  Oh, that's right, that's coming up! Chicago sounds like a fun place to have it. A classmate and I almost did the Young Adult Library Services conference, but neither of could swing it in the end. I'll have to see if I know anyone going. I know students get a discount, I'd love to go myself.
                  I went in 2009 when it was in Chicago (and 2011 when it was in New Orleans). It's a cool city, so I'd be glad to go back Just have to keep my fingers crossed that work will pay for me again this year. Take a look into it and go if you can - it's a fantastic conference, I really enjoyed it both times I went before and learnt a lot
                  sigpic

Comment

I went in 2009 when it was in Chicago (and 2011 when it was in New Orleans). It's a cool city, so I'd be glad to go back Just have to keep my fingers crossed that work will pay for me again this year. Take a look into it and go if you can - it's a fantastic conference, I really enjoyed it both times I went before and learnt a lot
                    I'll have to look into it some more then.

sigpic

Comment

Heaven forbid that any WooHoo should fit any stereotype

Stereotype is a funny word - had to check with yours that I'd got it right

I always assume you're right, but I did see you miss out an apostrophe earlier

Comment

Heaven forbid that any WooHoo should fit any stereotype
                        No indeed. Never let it be said

Stereotype is a funny word - had to check with yours that I'd got it right

I always assume you're right, but I did see you miss out an apostrophe earlier
                        Oops
                        sigpic

Comment

*huggles librarians*

Getting my daughter dressed today is impossible. We're going in for an evaluation at her (possibly) new school, and I can't get her to leave anything on! ARGH! *facepalm*

*twirls clumsily and goes back to chasing a nekkid child around the house*
                          sigpic

Comment

No indeed. Never let it be said

Oops

So are you now searching through all your posts to see if you can find it and edit?

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                            *huggles librarians*

Getting my daughter dressed today is impossible. We're going in for an evaluation at her (possibly) new school, and I can't get her to leave anything on! ARGH! *facepalm*

Oh dear Why not stand her out in the yard for a few minutes - it must be cold enough out there to persuade her that she needs her clothes on

Good luck with the evaluation

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                              *huggles librarians*

*huggles back* Hope you can get her dressed soon and the evaluation goes well!

So are you now searching through all your posts to see if you can find it and edit?
                              Already did Pig's ear *slaps wrist* Haven't actually edited though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Already did Pig's ear *slaps wrist* Haven't actually edited though.
                                You must have been distracted by Castle.

Wendy, not at all wrong to want to go just for a lone pic with Amanda. I'd said the same thing to Jumble over the weekend. It's one reason why I want to go.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X