No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeahyeah... All the talking and spectacle and show was good fun, but really... I still think that the best thing coming from Great Britain is ''The Beatles''. *nods* Who needs history and tradition and cycling doves when you have goo goo g'joob?
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Yeahyeah... All the talking and spectacle and show was good fun, but really... I still think that the best thing coming from Great Britain is ''The Beatles''. *nods* Who needs history and tradition and cycling doves when you have goo goo g'joob?
      You're so right

So after all that it was just Steve Redgrave?

I know I'll get frowned on for saying it, but all I can see is a heck a lot of money being spent just so it looks pretty Just a massive show-off!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        You're so right

So after all that it was just Steve Redgrave?

I know I'll get frowned on for saying it, but all I can see is a heck a lot of money being spent just so it looks pretty Just a massive show-off!
        Who is Steve Redgrave?? *runz off to Google*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
          Who is Steve Redgrave?? *runz off to Google*
          Former Olympic rower.

Comment

the tape-delay of the opening ceremonies is just starting. I got busy finishing up a book this afternoon. so, a little late...

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*jumps up and down*

''NaaanaanaanananaaaaaananananaaaaaaHeyJuuuuude!!!''

*is off to bed now*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*jumps up and down*

*is off to bed now*
                Poor Paulie, he really needs to retire and give his voice a rest

WoodNight

Comment

Well I thought that was just magnificent. Loved every second. Cried more than a little. Waved my flag a lot. Bring on the games!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Or rather, Britain's greatest Olympian, five gold medals in five consecutive games.

Loved that they actually passed the flame to the young athletes for the actual lighting. Beautifully done

*jumps up and down*

*is off to bed now*
                  Thought that would make you happy

Woodnight Woohoos! Time for sleep - got a lot of sports-watching in my immediate future

Dances out, waving flag
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well I have 2 cats circling their wagons - time to feed them then make my dinner and sit down to watch the opening ceremonies! Night WOOHOOS!
                    sigpic

Comment

I missed the ceremony! I worked until 8 and didn't get home until after 9, so I didn't bother turning it on. They didn't air it live over here or stream it, or I would have watched at my desk. Not like I do much of anything in the evenings, the phone rarely rings.
                      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Ship Day!!!

Stop on by the Ship Day Thread in the next 24 hours and join in the fun!!!!

by selene0789

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Well I thought that was just magnificent. Loved every second. Cried more than a little. Waved my flag a lot. Bring on the games!

Or rather, Britain's greatest Olympian, five gold medals in five consecutive games.

Loved that they actually passed the flame to the young athletes for the actual lighting. Beautifully done
                            Yep, and probably the one most entitled and expected to carry the flame on the last part of it's journey, but I felt all the hype and hints of a big 'secret' did him a disservice. Allowing those young athletes to do the actual lighting was perfect! The Olympics are, after all, supposed to be about the games and the contestants.

Comment

I see a little picspam is required..............

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X