No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember way back when some friends and I bought 2 liter bottle of wine for 2e and it was the best wine I have ever tasted. But that was in Italy. And I was younger... and it was illegal for me to drink...
    People always tell me that that's the best time to drink. Apparently it's not as fun when you're legal...

When I was in Europe, I wasn't allowed to drink either, even though we were SO legal, but it was a school trip. :/

I've had some very inexpensive wines that were delicious and a couple of bottles of very expensive wine that were practically undrinkable. Price is no guarantee of quality. I usually stick with my usual brands and types. There's a very good mid-priced California white zinfandel that I enjoy occasionally (Sutter Home).
    Mmk, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Is it true that one glass of wine a day can be beneficial for you?

Comment

according to the Bible it is "a little wine for your stomach's sake" was the advice. Yes, I do believe a *little* wine (say a glass) a day is good for you. A case or two every day, not so much.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
        People always tell me that that's the best time to drink. Apparently it's not as fun when you're legal...
        I don't know, it could be that it's the best because you never think about the consequences, you just drink and you think you're having a great time. LOL
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

according to the Bible it is "a little wine for your stomach's sake" was the advice. Yes, I do believe a *little* wine (say a glass) a day is good for you. A case or two every day, not so much.
          That it does! It also has great symbolism.
          *sarcastic* Oh, but drinking two cases a day sounds so healthful! lol

I don't know, it could be that it's the best because you never think about the consequences, you just drink and you think you're having a great time. LOL
          Definitely true. Many underage partiers drink just to get drunk because it looks fun and everyone is doing it and they don't care about their actions. It's sad, really.

Comment

Guess I ate too many brownies. My tummy doesn't feel good! *snugglez with Joe on the couch*

Joe, you know what would make me feel better? Handsome pics of you on the blog tonight. Just sayin'.
            sigpic

Comment

LVJ - I find that when Joe does his blog as Cookie Monster, I just refuse to read it that day anymore. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it irritates the heck out of me. I think it's the dumbed-down tone of it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                how odd - I've never considered the weather and the onset of labor. Guess you learn something new every day!
                Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                I never knew that either - weird
                I live to serve. Think of the amniotic sac as a water balloon and add in an extreme low pressure system, and voilà!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Yes, both. Polygamy is for both sexes (like monogamy); polyandry is where there's more than one man and polygyny for more than one woman
                /geek

Originally posted by llp View Post
                I am ecstatic! I have been waiting and waiting for preapproval for a loan before I can go out again to look for a house. Wells Fargo called about something else, I asked them about their process... and basically - got preapproval over the phone in about 20 minutes and it was emailed to me! Have the papers in my hands right now!

I can go out and look again and know exactly what I can afford, not have to deal with a lot of crap and have a fixed 3.75% interest rate!

I am so happy - life just became so so so much easier for me! YEAH!
                Hooray! That's great news, Laurie! Wondering if I should look into that, myself.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Still feeling very ill - those antibiotics have really knocked her for six - but at least now she knows what it is her imagination can stop running riot It's hard being a single mum, your first thought when you're sick is 'OMG, what's going to happen to my kids?' Been there a couple of times myself and it's really scary. Of course I wood have taken care of them, but from her point of view it's hard to ask, especially since she knew I was on holiday this week. She should be feeling better after a few days of rest and meds *crosses fingers*

I do hope she finds somewhere to settle soon.

My youngest is almost 6, eldest is 19 Can't see there being any more in the forseeable - Suz is too busy babying her horse
                Hope she's better soon!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                Cheap wine isn't really that great.
                You just have to know the right cheap wine! I had a $3 bottle that was nearly as good as a $500 bottle I had with my sister & her SO the week before. It's now my go-to wine.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  I remember way back when some friends and I bought 2 liter bottle of wine for 2e and it was the best wine I have ever tasted. But that was in Italy. And I was younger... and it was illegal for me to drink...
                  Ahem...there is no age limit to drink in Italy...just saying
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                    Cheap wine isn't really that great.
                    Originally posted by tinnec View Post
                    lol how much is the "good stuff"? And how does the taste differ between cheap and expensive? *knows nothing about wine*
                    I've had some very inexpensive wines that were delicious and a couple of bottles of very expensive wine that were practically undrinkable. Price is no guarantee of quality. I usually stick with my usual brands and types. There's a very good mid-priced California white zinfandel that I enjoy occasionally (Sutter Home).
                    I agree, the price of the bottle has nothing to do with the taste - my favourites are usually around the £3 to £5 mark

LVJ - I find that when Joe does his blog as Cookie Monster, I just refuse to read it that day anymore. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it irritates the heck out of me. I think it's the dumbed-down tone of it.
                    I don't like Cookie Monster blogs either

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Ahem...there is no age limit to drink in Italy...just saying
                      Ha! Had no idea! So I was legal...
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Booze and brownies now?
                        The sun sure did come out

Congrats on finally having a name to the Creative Woohoo!

*hugs WooHoos*
                        I didn't disappear! I'm just camping in the Spencer Box.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I actually miss the Baron Destructo blogs. Cookie Monster isn't nearly as fun as the Baron. *le sigh* I AM looking forward to Joe's rant!!! *jumps up and down in anticipation of the snark*

And he continues to ignore my pleas for pics!
                          sigpic

Comment

*Wanderz through with more brownies*

No fair teasing, Joe! Just eat your chocolate!
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hey look, Martin, Joe and Siler! Something for everyone

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                I live to serve. Think of the amniotic sac as a water balloon and add in an extreme low pressure system, and voilà!
                                Well there you go. This thread isn't half educational sometimes

/geek
                                Guilty as charged
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X