The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    since I do pixel art, yes, that makes perfect sense!
    Hooray! Let us know how you get on, I wonder if there's anywhere that would let you have one for a trial?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    So Amsterdam's gonna be a double-ipad-woohoomeet then?
    Absolutely!

I got one a few months ago, mostly because I was getting pain in my right hand from spending so much time with the mouse or trackpad on photoshop and thought the stylus might be more comfortable. It is, and I have also found it helps with accuracy/detail as Sarai says I don't use it for drawing manually though, mostly because I'm rubbish at drawing with pen and paper so can't see me being any less rubbish on the computer
    Sounds like it would be useful for the kind of photoshopping we do. I've only ever tried it for work, usually under some sort of time restraint - meaning I haven't had the time to get to grips with it properly. Should really give one another go at home. But one new toy at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Absolutely!
      Awesome Jumble and Nad are gonna be jealous

Sounds like it would be useful for the kind of photoshopping we do. I've only ever tried it for work, usually under some sort of time restraint - meaning I haven't had the time to get to grips with it properly. Should really give one another go at home. But one new toy at a time
      Indeed! It did take me a few goes to get comfortable with it and how it correlates to the screen but not too long, actually. And now it feels weird to photoshop without it, I feel all cackhanded
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yay for the new toy Sarai!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Awesome Jumble and Nad are gonna be jealous
        Oh no I won't! I have my supersonic 7 inch tablet!
        *blinks*
        ...OK, maybe a little.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks for the congrats everyone

Yay for new toys, Sarai! A wee bit jealous. I'm getting a Kindle though, so I'm not too jealous haha. Enjoy your shiny iPad.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I love love love my Wacom Intuos tablet. When I can justify the cost, I plan on getting a Wacom Cintiq. I just wish I had more time to draw!

I thought I would have more difficulty going from pencil (charcoal) and paper drawing to digital drawing, but it wasn't that steep of a learning curve. I want to get some books or take classes so that I can better utilize Coral Painter 12 to its full ability.

Comment

I was just looking at CNET reviews of Wacom tablets and Bamboo stylus' ... iz jealous...
              sigpic

Comment

Mornin' all.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all! It's a bit quiet here today...*tumbleweed blows by*

Comment

Evening all!

Love timezones.
                    *hugs WooHoos*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Evening here. I'm kinda sleepy though since I've been up since 4am, again, but that's okay. It'll soon be bedtime for me!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Love timezones.
                        Oh, that'd about do it.

Still have a whole day ahead of me here! And it's very, very warm outside.

Comment

Very warm here too - staying inside.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Very warm here too - staying inside.

Today's bits:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...rapfactory.jpg
                            Oh dear! This is... I imagine that wood be stressful for me, lol, I do not have the will power required not to burst those bubbles.
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Oh dear! This is... I imagine that wood be stressful for me, lol, I do not have the will power required not to burst those bubbles.
                              I imagine they'd get machines to do the work because humans would be unreliable. Or, if it's even possible, maybe the workers would get tired of popping the bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
                                I imagine they'd get machines to do the work because humans would be unreliable. Or, if it's even possible, maybe the workers would get tired of popping the bubbles.
                                That's unthinkable!
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                                X