The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome APA secret handshake? naaa, but please show us your toes

it would be sooo cool if Martin would make the third movie... gosh, this would be perfect. excellent. stunning. gorgeous. ummm... yeah, this says it

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Just found this about an interview with Martin re: Sanctuary. Can't remember if it'd been posted here or not...
      Has been posted...but you can never have enough martin!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      Hey...does a gal need to know the secret handshake or password or something to come over here and fangurl MW?

*looks around*

Wow. Not nearly as pscychedlic as I thought it would be.

And Sanctuary last night. Awesome. Watched it 2x!

Yup. That's about all I've got, atm.
      No password...just some Woohood and Squee...and thunk

Welcome !!!
      sigpic

Comment

Ohhhh... kayyyy...

Being serious

Anyone else watch last night's Sanctuary? How amazing was the directing? I mean.. seriously?!?

Not having even consciously been thinking, "Oh, MW directed this," until, at one point, there was this shot of AT looking in concern at Will, and the lighting was just perfect to highlight their interaction and her emotions and I thought, "Wow, that's just an amazing shot." Then I realized, "Of course... MW!!"

*sigh*

Yeah.

Entire episode, though, really, fabulous. Real chance to show what, IMHO, MW probably does best - use lighting to accentuate emotions and character interactions.

/fangurl moment

Of course, going through all the fabulous pics Egle posted from Continuum didn't help control by fangurling when I popped on here
        ITA. Well said.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Absolutely, that is what he does best What ep was that? I'm only on ep 3 of S1, because its only just started airing (Mondays & Weds) in the UK, so I'm waaaaaay behind most Sanctuary watchers But the lighting I've seen so far has been amazingly Martinesque

Oh yes, the man is certainly multi-faceted

Edit: And I really need to go offline now, I'm trying to write PS tuts for beginners so I can teach my grandsons how to use it on Monday.......could take a while
        Ep4, which is the one shown last night on Sciffy. So, not that far behind. i also just figured out where the HD button is on Hulu... *swoons*
        Actually, I think it will be episode 5 for you in the UK since the pilot was broken up into 2 episodes for you. I believe it would be: 1) Sanctuary For All (Part1) 2) SFA (Part2) 3) Fata Morgana 4) Folding Man and 5) Kush.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        I posted it a while ago, but it can hurt to post it again. You can never have too much Martin

Speaking of which. I listened to an interview with AT few days ago, and she said that if Martin is asked to direct the third SG1 movie (assuming there is also S2 from Sanctuary) arrangements will be made in the schedule to allow him to work on both. *crosses fingers*.
        Good to hear. They need to accomodate Martin and Amanda so we get them involved in the 3rd SG1 movie without hurting Sanctuary. Here's hoping they are both very busy in 2009.

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        Hey...does a gal need to know the secret handshake or password or something to come over here and fangurl MW?

*looks around*

Wow. Not nearly as pscychedlic as I thought it would be.

And Sanctuary last night. Awesome. Watched it 2x!

Yup. That's about all I've got, atm.
        Welcome! The key phrase for entrance is "Canadian men are hot"!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

We all seem to have our own ideas on passwords, but they all amount to the same thing

Well here is a bit of an amalgam of my day. I've been making tuts to help me teach my grandsons how to use PS, and I was using a pic of Jack from Fragile Balance to illustrate how to prep a pic (thanks Jann ) and the more I looked at the expression on his face, the more I felt guilty Add to that the little spelling error that Jann made earlier, which made me laugh and here is the end result

WooHood!

Comment

Welcome to the thread, APA!!!

Just finished watching Sanctuary and boy... Great direction!
            Seriously, that show looks absolutely great and Jenn, I think I know what moment you were talking about and I have to agree. I mean you hardly ever think of the way a show is directed, but there are moments that make you jump up and think about Martin Wood.
            ...It's the little things, you know.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Well here is a bit of an amalgam of my day. I've been making tuts to help me teach my grandsons how to use PS, and I was using a pic of Jack from Fragile Balance to illustrate how to prep a pic (thanks Jann ) and the more I looked at the expression on his face, the more I felt guilty Add to that the little spelling error that Jann made earlier, which made me laugh and here is the end result

ROFL! Awesome.

I must say, I find myself not thunking today. I am seriously in awe of His work. Sure there's Shorts, and Shorts are Good. Awesome, even, but really, The Martin is such an amazing director. I felt like applauding when I saw his name in the credits And like letting out that massive fangurl Squee... Really, there was snow in Sanctuary, I thought about Continuum and that great opening scene (ask Jenn) and it made me realize...
              I need him for Movie Three.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

We all need him for Movie #3! Without him, well, what is there to say? He proved his movie worth in Continuum, how could they not ask him to direct the next one?

Comment

Indeed. I mean, have they better than Martin?

Ha, trick question, for there is no one better than The Martin!

sigpic

Comment

Well my answer to the question was going to be "Does such a man exist?" but I see now it was just one of your tricks

On a sad note, pets OT

Spoiler:
                    My grandson's bunny was taken by a fox last night Seems my family is being cursed by foxes *sobs*

Comment

One of my tricks? I have tricks? NuHuh!

Pets OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      Aww... jumble That's the third, fourth time in a short period of time, right? That's so sad. I'm sorry about the bunny, give your grandson a big hug from me.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nad.

OT

Spoiler:
                        Yes, that's five of mine gone and one of Oren's, and we don't even live in the same town FCOL I.just.want.to.shoot.it. Poor Oren, he's only 3. He just didn't understand, just sobbed his heart out all day.

Edit: I can't believe it! I've missed my '69 post again! Only this morning I was thinking, I need to keep an eye on my post count because I'm at about 50, and then I forgot D'oh! Oh well, maybe next time I'll remember.................
                        Last edited by Jumble; 25 October 2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

We all seem to have our own ideas on passwords, but they all amount to the same thing

Lol on the sig... Poor me...made fun out of me...

And prep a pic...It's just something I learned as well

Oh and Woohood martin...saw the new Sanctuary epi earlier today(like many many hours ago) and I loved it Very awesome!
                          sigpic

Comment

(((jumble))) I'm sorry
                            Spoiler:
                            that's horrible and brings back memories of my rabbits give him a huge hug from me too.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Lol on the sig... Poor me...made fun out of me...

And prep a pic...It's just something I learned as well

Oh and Woohood martin...saw the new Sanctuary epi earlier today(like many many hours ago) and I loved it Very awesome!
                              Ah, but you inspired me, thanks for that

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                              (((jumble))) I'm sorry
                              Spoiler:
                              that's horrible and brings back memories of my rabbits give him a huge hug from me too.

Thanks

Spoiler:
                              I know, I can't believe its happened again, and its not like they live that close to me either I've given him lots of hugs, but it makes me want to cry too.

Comment

*is confused by various passwords and secret handshakes*

Will "Martin Rocks!!" work?

And thanks for the welcome, guys. I see a lot of familiar faces.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X