The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    I know they said no filming during the quiz and the usual flash photography rule... did they actually say /have it documented that there was to be no filming during the talks? I don't remember? Then again, there was quite a lot of things that were not said/written down anywhere (like the parking concession that turned out to be pointless, and where the photos were etc. That said, I do remember specifically thinking "I mustn't film anything" but not sure if I am just applying AT event rules to this con.
    Either way, if there's YT stuff that shouldn't be, I daresay it will be taken down toot sweet.
    I specifically remember them saying no filming - it was included in the little speech that stopped the flash photography after the first few minutes. They said we could continue to take 'stills' but no filming.

New World/ Primeval. I have to admit to really liking Primeval - at least the first couple of seasons - so I am looking forward to New World. I'd say, even if it's not necessary to watch Primeval, it might be worth checking it out anyway.
    I'm quietly very excited about New World - Primeval was a concept I really liked and I can't wait to see what happens once Martin gets involved

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I specifically remember them saying no filming - it was included in the little speech that stopped the flash photography after the first few minutes. They said we could continue to take 'stills' but no filming.

Blimey you have a better memory than I have. It can't be an age thing. I think it's generally an unwritten rule of cons anyway, isn't it? You get very little of any con footage appear on the interweb.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Blimey you have a better memory than I have. It can't be an age thing. I think it's generally an unwritten rule of cons anyway, isn't it? You get very little of any con footage appear on the interweb.
        I think I remember it mainly because I really wished I could film

Yep, an unwritten rule which some people apparently think doesn't apply to them

I really wish that an 'official' vid could be made at cons - think of the money S4K wood make on that

Comment

Evening all

Thanks for sharing your pics Deeds! (and welcome! )

I never watched the UK Primeval but naturally as a devoted Woohoo I will be checking out New World when it gets to that point

*huggles all*
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*runs in to hug everyone*

*shares a song just because *

I'll get to actual intelligent and insightful posts soon. The hugs will have to do for now.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              *runs in to hug everyone*

*shares a song just because *

I'll get to actual intelligent and insightful posts soon. The hugs will have to do for now.
              Yeah, poor Davy Jones - waaaay too young to die

*huggles Nad*

Watching BBT - just encountered Leonard's mother She has the best lines

Comment

Good evening WooHoos!

Nice pics Deeds.

No filming at cons? Never been to one, but it seems like I've seen more than one vid from cons...

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pics Deeds.

Some cons allow filming. There are videos from the recent ones in Australia and NZ. Gabit and some others do not allow filming by the audience at their events. The organizers have filmed the events themselves but my understanding is that the reason why videos haven't been sold from the events is that there are sound problems because people keep breaking the rules about having their phones off (you know, because they are so important and rules don't apply to them )

BTW, was there any talk at Chevron about when the DVDs for season 4 wood be out?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Super good news. Two of my friends are flying up from Calif. to come for a visit and stick around for several days during and after the surgery. I guess they saw my pathetic comments () online! So surgery will be the 20th of March! And as I'm stoned on pain pills.....they will invade my wine!
                    sigpic

Comment

wonderful news Laurie! So glad you won't have to postpone after all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Good evening WooHoos!

Nice pics Deeds.

No filming at cons? Never been to one, but it seems like I've seen more than one vid from cons...
                        I'm sure you have - doesn't mean they were legally done.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Thanks for the pics Deeds.

Some cons allow filming. There are videos from the recent ones in Australia and NZ. Gabit and some others do not allow filming by the audience at their events. The organizers have filmed the events themselves but my understanding is that the reason why videos haven't been sold from the events is that there are sound problems because people keep breaking the rules about having their phones off (you know, because they are so important and rules don't apply to them )

BTW, was there any talk at Chevron about when the DVDs for season 4 wood be out?
                        I didn't hear anything said about the dvds. I guess they'll be along around September as usual

That's great news Laurie

Comment

Ha ha, we didn't ask about DVDs did we? I mean collectively the whole con. The inevitable Season 5 question came up though and the answer came back more or less as we'd speculated. SyFy and the financers kicking their heels is causing the delay, the sets being struck was because the studio lease was up/more expensive and doesn't matter and, if/when they can dot the is and cross the ts we'll get Sanctuary again... maybe not for Autumn but at some point. Amanda did say the people to appeal to are the financers though, so I took from that that SyFy would be more confident making a decision if they knew the financial backing was there in the first place. I get a feeling it's a bit catch 22 for them at the moment, with financers not wanting to commit until Syfy do and vice versa. Meanwhile fan frustration all round. YFDI comes to mind.

And on that note...

But RIP Davy Jones.

Great news Laurie. You will be bionic Hand Lady sooner rather than later too.

*huggles Nad, just becoz*
                          sigpic

Comment

*creeps in, kicking the tumbleweed out of the way*
                            Where is everyone? Veeeery quiet here today!

Not that I have anything particularly exciting to bring to the party, I'm afraid. Maybe saying 'party' will bring the Woohoos bouncing out of the woodwork, with broccoli and wine and song?

No?

Hmm...
                            sigpic

Comment

Did someone say party?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about

*boogies and shimmies*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X