No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm! Not sure why, but all of a sudden I have a craving for cheesecake!

Originally posted by Jumble
    Hmm. Since I now have The Quilt, do I need to change your banner?
    Oops, forgot about that. I could be the Ex-quilted or Un-quilted woohoo or the unsuccessful writing woohoo or I suppose you could remove the "un" .....that's up to you. How about What the hell did I do with the Quilt Woohoo! But you're right, I don't have the quilt anymore. Now what did I do with that quilt??

Oh and EH-T - you have you chairback sitting on the back of your couch? I'm with Jumble. I have mine on the wall in my office. I see it all the time along with the "license plate"! - love that plate!
    sigpic

Comment

General question here - when is someone allowed to change the avatar? How many posts is required. I haven't tried yet so I don't know if I can or not.

And what's with GW. When I use to post it would take me right back to my new post. Now, it stays at the top and I have to scroll down to it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Hmmm! Not sure why, but all of a sudden I have a craving for cheesecake!

Oops, forgot about that. I could be the Ex-quilted or Un-quilted woohoo or the unsuccessful writing woohoo or I suppose you could remove the "un" .....that's up to you. How about What the hell did I do with the Quilt Woohoo! But you're right, I don't have the quilt anymore. Now what did I do with that quilt??

I'll see what I can come up with for your next 69

Oh and EH-T - you have you chairback sitting on the back of your couch? I'm with Jumble. I have mine on the wall in my office. I see it all the time along with the "license plate"! - love that plate!
        Yep, I see mine all the time - see what Martin wrote on it - along with all the other pics he signed for me Keeps me smiling

General question here - when is someone allowed to change the avatar? How many posts is required. I haven't tried yet so I don't know if I can or not.
        You should be able to upload your custom avi now - you're way past 2000 posts Just upload it from your pc hard drive, the same as you did for your sig

And what's with GW. When I used to post it would take me right back to my new post. Now, it stays at the top and I have to scroll down to it!
        It's been squiffy for the last couple of weeks - it's really annoying to have to keep scrolling down the page
        Last edited by Jumble; 09 August 2011, 09:39 AM. Reason: nearly missed a 69 :eek:

Comment

Hey Jumble - Whats the max size for an avatar?
          sigpic

Comment

Hey Jumble - Whats the max size for an avatar?
            120x120 px, 19.5kb. Didn't I make you some? If so, they'll be the right size

Comment

Um...yup. I give away the stuff I buy at auctions (made an exception for AT's painting though) but I do keep the gifts from set tours. However, I'm not really much on displaying them (not the case that I do not think they are lovely, they are). Most of the stuff is in a bookcase. At least the chair back is visible. All my photos are in a drawer somewhere.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                120x120 px, 19.5kb. Didn't I make you some? If so, they'll be the right size
                Wasn't sure, but for now AT playing hockey is just fine....I'll change it later.
                sigpic

Comment

Wasn't sure, but for now AT playing hockey is just fine....I'll change it later.
                  I just checked the specs of your avi and they are within the parameters:

95px × 120px
                  4.05 KB (4150 bytes)

The forum might have resized it if it was originally too big.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    I just checked the specs of your avi and they are within the parameters:

95px × 120px
                    4.05 KB (4150 bytes)

The forum might have resized it if it was originally too big.
                    Thanks. This is the first time I've used one of my own pictures (or one I scarfed off the internet). Thanks for checking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh and one good thing. When I lived in So. Calif there were riots over a year before the Olympics. They broke out while I was at work and it scared me to go home....fortunately I was only about 2 blocks from the freeway entrance.

However, when the Olympics occured, the mood of the entire area changed. We watched the torch bearers run by our work as we cheered her on and during the actual event, people were nice, I mean really nice. People were friendly, kind and considerate. A 180* turn about. Strange but true.

The truth is, people are scared. It's been a long recession and if unemployed, a depression with not a lot of movement away from it yet. The weather is the worst we have had in my lifetime (people dying from either floods or now heat). No more easy times with the younger generations realizing they aren't going to be better off than their parents. Things will change, they always do, but it is going to be a very long time in coming.

OH AND JUMBLE - I just past a "69" post!
                      *hugs*

That really cheered me up, thanks

There are parts of that sonnet that I could apply to M...........er.......

Nevermind

Jumbly!!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Similar concerns over the riot that took place in Vancouver after the final Stanley Cup game. A feeling that all the good publicity of the Winter Olympics was undone. However, the reaction of most citizens after the riot changed all that. People wrote messages of love on the boarded up windows, they placed post it notes on police cars thanking the police for their work, they cleaned up the streets themselves, gave out free Timbits and hugs on the street and even took up collections for the business owners whose stores were damaged. Hopefully similar acts in England will counter the bad. Huge hugs for all the English.
                      A lot of locals used Twitter and Facebook to get the #riotcleanup going, they went down to city centres and high streets in their thousands each with a broom. A really heartwarming example is this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        *hugs*

Jumbly!!

A lot of locals used Twitter and Facebook to get the #riotcleanup going, they went down to city centres and high streets in their thousands each with a broom. A really heartwarming example is this.
                        That is the best part. Instead of people hiding in there homes, they are coming out, showing the world this is what we are really about and telling the idiots that riot...stay home! A true spirit of community!
                        sigpic

Comment

That is the best part. Instead of people hiding in there homes, they are coming out, showing the world this is what we are really about and telling the idiots that riot...stay home! A true spirit of community!
                          Exactly!! Very uplifting images coming out of today

Although sad to say they are at it in Manchester now

In other news...can anyone tell me why my post count is only going up 1 in 2 times that I post *iz confused*

Comment

*hugs*

Jumbly!!

What? You must have been looking at the wrong parts

Nice to know the 'Dunkirk' spirit still lives in British hearts

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I think it might be an idea to post it on the Artwork For All and GAD threads
                              It is.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs*

Jumbly!!

That is awesome.

What? You must have been looking at the wrong parts

Nice to know the 'Dunkirk' spirit still lives in British hearts
                                YES!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X