• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai
    absolutely cream crackered and off to bed
    All right....translation please the only thing I understand is "off to bed"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      All right....translation please the only thing I understand is "off to bed"
      cream cracked = knackered, tired, other synonym

Comment

Originally posted by boxeddreams View Post
        cream cracked = knackered, tired, other synonym

Ah, thank you.
        Every once in awhile I need the "queen's" English translated into "USA" english!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Ah, thank you.
          Every once in awhile I need the "queen's" English translated into "USA" english!
          Hee bless I'm not sure if it's said too much here, probably depending on where you are. Wendy was the first person I'd ever heard say it and it did make me giggle. (Actually I think I've only ever heard it from Wendy!)

Comment

Jumble it will be hard to see me drunk online. Normally when I get drunk I immediately pass out when I see my bed!

*huggles all the sick Woohoos* That's not a good way to start the year!

I started it by having a shop fest today. In other words buying lots of stuff for my apartment.... I'm poor now! *sigh* Buuuuuuuuut I didn't had plates, pots, or anything so needed to get that!
            sigpic

Comment

oooh, homewares shopping! I love a good homewares fest! Hope you found everything you were looking for, Jann!

I didn't have to do any of that this year. All my relatives decided that they would pool all of their little-used appliances/old pots and pans/odd cutlery and crockery and give them to me for Christmas! Molto Bene! Now I have a cutlery set (of sorts ) a crockery set (of sorts) the pot set my dad gave to his sister for her wedding in the 80s (Re-gifting WIN!) a wok my grandmother once bought on a whim and has never used and an old jug and set of drinking glasses from my brother! JACKPOT!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                oooh, homewares shopping! I love a good homewares fest! Hope you found everything you were looking for, Jann!

I didn't have to do any of that this year. All my relatives decided that they would pool all of their little-used appliances/old pots and pans/odd cutlery and crockery and give them to me for Christmas! Molto Bene! Now I have a cutlery set (of sorts ) a crockery set (of sorts) the pot set my dad gave to his sister for her wedding in the 80s (Re-gifting WIN!) a wok my grandmother once bought on a whim and has never used and an old jug and set of drinking glasses from my brother! JACKPOT!
                That's awesome. I think normally speaking I would have gotten stuff too, but with me being in another country it is kind of impossible. I got some stuff from my roommates but I don't think I could live on two pots and a bowl.
                I just needed a WHOLE lot...plus I also wanted some decorative items lol! I'll make pics of my apartment next week
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  That's awesome. I think normally speaking I would have gotten stuff too, but with me being in another country it is kind of impossible. I got some stuff from my roommates but I don't think I could live on two pots and a bowl.
                  I just needed a WHOLE lot...plus I also wanted some decorative items lol! I'll make pics of my apartment next week
                  What's sad, is that I probably could!

I spent my first day of 2011 hanging with some of my best girls. We were all up by 10:30, had coffee, went to the diner, took the bus to my friend Lana's where we spent several hours playing Trivial Pursuit on the XBOX. I can never quite understand where I get my fount of useless knowledge from, but there you have it. Then we hit the Outback Steakhouse for a seriously mediocre dinner, but my Aussie houseguest HAD to eat there just once. Then we came home and watched Zombieland. Srsly funny movie! Now we are watching comedy and the 4 of us are on our computers playing on the interwebz. There is some serious geekdom going on in this house right now. How about the rest of y'all? How did you spend 1/1/11?
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    What's sad, is that I probably could!
                    I think you also need some silverware, cutlery etc. to make your food or eat it though.

Plus I needed a shower curtain, towels(kitchen and normal ones) so...adding everything up...not that cheap sadly enough!

I spent my first day of 2011 hanging with some of my best girls. We were all up by 10:30, had coffee, went to the diner, took the bus to my friend Lana's where we spent several hours playing Trivial Pursuit on the XBOX. I can never quite understand where I get my fount of useless knowledge from, but there you have it. Then we hit the Outback Steakhouse for a seriously mediocre dinner, but my Aussie houseguest HAD to eat there just once. Then we came home and watched Zombieland. Srsly funny movie! Now we are watching comedy and the 4 of us are on our computers playing on the interwebz. There is some serious geekdom going on in this house right now. How about the rest of y'all? How did you spend 1/1/11?
                    Sounds like an awesome day! I saw Zombieland during Halloween; I expected a scary movie...I got something totally different! Awesome!
                    Oh btw what did your Aussie friend thought about the Outback? My aussie friend said earlier this semester that it wasn't really that Australian so I'm curious what your friend thought about it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I spent my 1/1/11 all alone Until the Wendy spammage began. My momma was at work (left before I got up) and came back at 6.30. Did watch a lot of tv though, always good

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        1. I think you also need some silverware, cutlery etc. to make your food or eat it though.

2. Plus I needed a shower curtain, towels(kitchen and normal ones) so...adding everything up...not that cheap sadly enough!

3. Sounds like an awesome day! I saw Zombieland during Halloween; I expected a scary movie...I got something totally different! Awesome!

4. Oh btw what did your Aussie friend thought about the Outback? My aussie friend said earlier this semester that it wasn't really that Australian so I'm curious what your friend thought about it.
                        1. A fork, a knife, a spoon, & a mug. I'm simple like that.

2. But fun to shop for!

3. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in ages. The laughter made me not care at all that there was no plot.

4. Directly from her twitter: Outback Steakhouse is an abomination.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          1. A fork, a knife, a spoon, & a mug. I'm simple like that.
                          I didn't had that.

2. But fun to shop for!
                          It is Plus I also liked buying some little nick nacks to decorate it too...I don't want it to feel like a motel!

3. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in ages. The laughter made me not care at all that there was no plot.
                          I know! It's too funny!

4. Directly from her twitter: Outback Steakhouse is an abomination.
                          So...2 out of 2 Australians say it's not Australian. So funny.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ahh - I lived my year out of a fork and a mug too, MoB! Loved it! Mugs - good for coffee, scarmbled eggs, spaghetti, emergency microwave cake...you name it!

What exactly does one eat at an Outback restaurant? I'm intrigued...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              1. Ahh - I lived my year out of a fork and a mug too, MoB! Loved it! Mugs - good for coffee, scarmbled eggs, spaghetti, emergency microwave cake...you name it!

2. What exactly does one eat at an Outback restaurant? I'm intrigued...
                              1. I suppose a bowl would be helpful too. I have to admit, I've never had so little, but I think I could do just fine with those. Of course, it would mean no house guests ever.

2. Outback Steakhouse Menu: http://www.outback.com/menu/
                              sigpic

Comment

I only have two of everything (except for my plates and bowls as I bought a plastic set before I went to uni & my cups are all my Eeyore ones from home ) but all my cutlery is in twos, so I don't leave it ages between washes hah.

Comment

Working...
                                X