75. Bridget Jones's Diary, Helen Fielding
    80. Double Act, Jacqueline Wilson
    81. The Twits, Roald Dahl
    82. I Capture The Castle, Dodie Smith
    84. Gormenghast, Mervyn Peake
    98. Girls In Love, Jacqueline Wilson
    99. The Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot
    100. Midnight's Children, Salman Rushdie

Hmm...not many from the second list. Although it does give me some new books for my reading list .

EDIT: Bree that's great news about your Dad, keep us updated . And good luck for both you and Char, will be thinking of you both *hugs*.

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      *huggles and well wishes for you all* Will be thinking of you
      Thanks Wendy and get that ankle looked at! *gives Wendy stern motherly look*
      sigpic

Comment

*hugs Bree* Good to hear about your father! And good luck to Char tomorrow!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        Oh, he wants another dog. He's just not sure he wants the dog MOM likes. Cuz nothing MOM likes could be cool!
        He should know how cool mom is

OOOOOH! I love the sound of this! Yes, the three of us. Let me know what B thinks and we'll Skype
        And here I was ...just innocently sitting in the living room next to her, suddenly opening skype and say "hey look it's Wendy..."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          Thanks Wendy and get that ankle looked at! *gives Wendy stern motherly look*
          *huggles* I'm also really glad to hear about your dad's positive news. Will continue to send good vibes there, too

I promise I'm going asap *scared of stern motherly look*
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

And here I was ...just innocently sitting in the living room next to her, suddenly opening skype and say "hey look it's Wendy..."

That sounds like a better way, actually. Let's do that. My name on Skype is the same one as twitter
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Don't worry. I'm not bitter or anything

No, seriously. I've been in retail a long time. You get used to it

Good old retail life, eh! Although they will have to pay you bank holiday premium I'd imagine. And they'll need to give you the option to go watch it in the canteen if you want. Although, who wood!

Get that leg looked at. it's not right if it's not getting better after all this time. *huggles*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Oh, he wants another dog. He's just not sure he wants the dog MOM likes. Cuz nothing MOM likes could be cool!
              What you need to do is pretend you absolutely hate it; he'll suddenyl think it's the best thing ever.

and Lizzie running down the street nekkid. Good to know she's a true Baby Woohoo!

Bree sending oodles of possy vibes to Char for both the job and biopsy. And also to your dad... good news there, let's hope there's more.

Hmm, so the Royal Wedding that we will not cease to hear about from now until the big day (goodgriefitcan'tcometoosoon) is going to be the end of Easter week, making two 4 day weekends in a row. Cool!
              I was actually extremely pleased the May day bank holiday was 2nd May this year. I had visions of it being 7th - my wedding anniversary was the 6th May and always fell around that weekend so I never got it off (when I worked in retail). This year I plan to be in Weymouth for the weekend so I'm happy I won't have to pay through the nose of accomodation because it's a bank holiday. Now I just need to find a 12+ berth cottage I can rent for a weekend, and a DB9 I can hire without bankrupting myself.
              BTW, sooo full of snot here, it's not even funny.
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                *sends positive vibes to Bree, Char and dad*
                *loves jumble's WooHoo pictures*
                *adores AT as well*
                *hugs WooHoos*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  goodnight laurie!!!

*sends northern woohoos her sunshine* It's a delightful 24 degrees celsius today
                  *iz jealous* It's 0C out there at the moment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  I wood like to personally thank Will and Kate for giving me a four-day week-end next April
                  I might not get it either It's right at the start of term, and we usually don't close on the two May bank holidays so I'm not sure whether we'll get to close for this one either Waiting to hear from the head honchos who get to make the decision and keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Hm.... quiet around here today

Some highlights from the WooHooMeet week-end.....

<lazy snip>

Edit: Aaaaaaand PB has finally sorted itself out and now allows me to 'view all' in each album instead of by page which means I don't have to scroll through 655 Martinpics looking for a specific one Woohoooooooooooood!!!

*takes a breath*
                  Awesome pics

*runz through thread so fast you can't tell if I'm nekkid or not*

Super busy week for me!

IwillremainsaneIwillremainesaneIwillremainsaneIwillremainesane...

*squishy huggles all WooHoo's cuz I miss you*

BTW:
                  Spoiler:
                  The Daleks are back!

In rainbow colors too!

Next two eps are sequel to "Blink"

BTW: Been reading AT's blog about Nepal. I adore that woman!
                  Spoiler:
                  Make sure you watch the weeping angel episodes with the lights on and preferably not just before you go to sleep

It has been an incredibly long (and painful) day The pain being my ankle that has spread up my leg. I've got a support on and my driving lesson was, um, interesting.
                  *hugs* Glad you're going to get it looked at - if it's getting worse then that sounds like the best thing to do

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  Might I also extend my thanks to the jolly old Royal Family for giving us an extra day off.

3 day week? Blooming marvellous !

Sorry Wendy.

*runs off to look at reading list*

*runs back*

Harry Potter was awesome !!!
                  *iz jealous again* I'm going tomorrow though *bounces*

Hi WooHoo's

Dad got the results of his PET scan and the cancer is only in his lung and not spread anywhere else! This is such good news for us. The tumor is small enough that they are weighing options on how to get rid of it and it's a slow moving type of cancer which is also good news.

Charmaine's breast biopsy is tomorrow morning at 8:30. The insurance finally came through so the hospital has deigned to do the procedure.

Can you believe that the hospital called her a few days ago and the woman (whom she had been dealing with all along) rudely asked her why she hadn't had the procedure yet and did she go to another hospital for it and not inform them?

Char explained to her (more politely than I wood have) that "No she did not have the procedure at another hospital and the reason she hasn't had it at all is because the hospital refused to do the procedure without proof of insurance. Remember?"
                  The woman was not amused at the "remember?" part but I LMAO.

Anywhoo, please send some prayers, good vibes, positive energy, whatever works for you, Char's way. The cancer they are biopsying her for is a very aggressive form. It wood be wonderful if she only has calcium deposits or non malignant cysts.

Oh! She also had a job interview this morning and she said it went very well so keeping fingers, toes, eyes etc... crossed for that too!
                  Excellent news for your dad, and fingers crossed and good vibes coming your way for Char
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*gives Nad a hug for being Nad*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Good old retail life, eh! Although they will have to pay you bank holiday premium I'd imagine. And they'll need to give you the option to go watch it in the canteen if you want. Although, who wood!
                    Aaaah, what a life. I do hope the bank holiday premium is the case because if I get extra money then I will raise my cup of tea to the happy couple

I can see people watching it in the canteen to get out of work. Actually, I can see that being the reason they don't put it on up there LOL

Get that leg looked at. it's not right if it's not getting better after all this time. *huggles*
                    *huggles* I will. I'm calling the doctors as soon as they open tomorrow.

BTW, sooo full of snot here, it's not even funny.
                    I'm sorry you did get the lurgy after all *hugs* I hope you feel better soon.

EDIT: *hugs back Josi* Thanks. Hopefully it's not as bad as it feels I hope you do get some time off around April and it isn't all work, work, work.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Ok wait... you UK'ers get days off because of that wedding? Seriously?
                      I mean... William isn't even the next in line, right?
                      I know how it works having a Royal Family, but this is pushing it guys. I bet that if I go down to Amsterdam that day, half of the UK population will be there, instead of watching the wedding...

*gives Nad a hug for being Nad*
                      Really? How cool is that?
                      *hugs back*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        I know how it works having a Royal Family, but this is pushing it guys. I bet that if I go down to Amsterdam that day, half of the UK population will be there, instead of watching the wedding...
                        I think he will be King next. They say he will be anyway.

And that may be true.

*hugs back*
                        Yep.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

And that may be true.
                          Heh, oh OK then
                          (I must say that you guys have a funky Royal Family...)

Yep.
                          I love you for being you too!

sigpic

Comment

A whole day of because of a wedding. So unfair!

When Jumbly said Will and Kate giving her the day of I was thinking "What do Will and Kate from Sanctuary have to do with giving her a day off."
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

*hugs back*
                              Yeah, I know, but look at me not complaining about an extra day off.

And that may be true.

Yep.
                              Technically second in line, Assuming Charles actually ever gets to reign and, really, why shouldn't he? Huge bugbear of mine how people say he should step aside and Camilla has no right to be called queen consort... of course he should be king and of course his WIFE should be queen... and anyway, she may not be as glamorous as Diana was but... oh best not start me on that one. Suffice to say I am, nor was I ever, suckered in by all the adulation and hype around her. I'll stop there before I get into a massive rant about the whole thing.

But yeah, yay for days off for the wedding. And yay for all the boost the tourism for the wedding will give to our economy.
                              sigpic

Comment

And someone please tell me why I need so many ''Animus'' screencaps?

...Think I can blame Martin for my obsessive saving of caps? Because I do.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X