The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Agree...and I want him to concentrate on Sanctuary as well....but the shippers already are kind of eh...do they really need anything else to depress them?

Edit- I think I've been skimming the thread because I didn't notice the fuss... I noticed it to the other parts...
    Seriously Amanda, I mean no offense to anyone, but I think some people just need to grow up and get a life

My own personal feeling is that it's somewhat unbelievable that people can get so het up about a couple of characters in a TV show. I want to see onscreen confirmation that Jack and Sam are together and that they have been for some time, but it won't be the end of my world if I never see it. Maybe it's just me, but I think there are far more important things to concentrate on

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
      You've got a point. It'd probably just end up being rather useless because the entire original story and characters would go to waste...
      Exactly! And what a waste of Damian, Rick and Amanda's talents.

Well, I'm not a Sam/Jack 'shipper', so I probably would've ended up unpopular anyway. And I did put in a tiny disclaimer that said "Please don't shoot the messenger". (It's not like I created that just to ruin everything anyway...)
      *runz off to check it out*

Thought I didn't understand the whole 'wanting AT/RDA in a movie then I won't care about SG-1 3' that made no sense to me
      Again, Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Seriously Amanda, I mean no offense to anyone, but I think some people just need to grow up and get a life

My own personal feeling is that it's somewhat unbelievable that people can get so het up about a couple of characters in a TV show. I want to see onscreen confirmation that Jack and Sam are together and that they have been for some time, but it won't be the end of my world if I never see it. Maybe it's just me, but I think there are far more important things to concentrate on
        None taken And I know what you mean.

It's like we already have evidence that they are together so and so. And yet even with that, they live and die on if we get a third movie or not. But hey I know occasionally I'm one of them And I'll admit with my...mehness...it's nice to just watch a good TV show and forget about all the things that are wrong for 40 minutes ya know? So I can understand where they're coming from.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Exactly! And what a waste of Damian, Rick and Amanda's talents.
          Especially Damian's wonderful writing...

Oh, sorry. Getting distracted again.

*runz off to check it out*
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

Oh for a sense of proportion sometimes

My attitude is squee at the good things, and don't worry about anything else - I'm in fandom for the fun and because I enjoy it, and I think if you're finding that you basically don't then you really should step back for a bit. But that's something that an awful lot of people in fandom could really do with taking into account, TBH
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*nods at what Josi said* And as usual she says it better than I can

Comment

oh....random note...totally checked out the Black Friday ads for us in the US...there's actually some awesome sales this year!

LJ any plans to go Black Friday shopping?

Comment

None taken And I know what you mean.

It's like we already have evidence that they are together so and so. And yet even with that, they live and die on if we get a third movie or not. But hey I know occasionally I'm one of them And I'll admit with my...mehness...it's nice to just watch a good TV show and forget about all the things that are wrong for 40 minutes ya know? So I can understand where they're coming from.
                  Amen to that Surely enjoying the show is what's most important?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Oh for a sense of proportion sometimes

My attitude is squee at the good things, and don't worry about anything else - I'm in fandom for the fun and because I enjoy it, and I think if you're finding that you basically don't then you really should step back for a bit. But that's something that an awful lot of people in fandom could really do with taking into account, TBH
                  *heaves a HUGE sigh of relief* Thank you! It's nice to know it's not just me

*nods at what Josi said* And as usual she says it better than I can
                  She's a Librarian, she says everything better than we do

'A sense of proportion', that's what we all need

Just don't ask me to apply that to my Martin obsession *thinks* Actually, as far as I can see there is NOTHING wrong with his proportions...........

Edit: What the heck is Black Friday?

Comment

Just don't ask me to apply that to my Martin obsession *thinks* Actually, as far as I can see there NOTHING wrong with his proportions...........
                    And you of all people would know that.

And to the other bolded, yup that should be enough, but it's not

hehe she does!!! *huggles Josi*

Comment

Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving and all the stores have their biggest sales It's awesome! Long, long lines, angry people, people wake up at 5 am...but you can find some amazing deals so it's totally worth it

I just have to decide if I want to go with my sis in law or my cousins

Comment

oh....random note...totally checked out the Black Friday ads for us in the US...there's actually some awesome sales this year!

LJ any plans to go Black Friday shopping?
                        Nope. I'm claustrophobic and the crowds drive me nuts, and I hate the over-commercialization of Christmas, and I would rather just spend the day with my family.
                        sigpic

Comment

*nods*

Not just you I know I'm frequently guilty of getting over excited about things when we get nice shippy tidbits, but that's the fun side. I see no point in getting into a funk just because there's either no news or out of the fear of bad news. As in your first sentence I quoted above!

On the other hand though, I had to smile yesterday when I was on the phone to my sister - she's been watching The West Wing and has just seen (surely this is no spoiler to anyone, considering all the artwork I've posted ) when Josh and Donna finally sort themselves out. Now she's not really into the fandom thing, so this emotional engagement thing is kind of new to her. So she asked me, very seriously, "is it wrong to feel so happy for two fictional characters?" To which I had to laugh and say not at all and welcome to the world of shipping!

*blushes*
                          Although, as any Terry Pratchett fans will know, that doesn't necessarily follow

Just don't ask me to apply that to my Martin obsession *thinks* Actually, as far as I can see there NOTHING wrong with his proportions...........
                          ((((Jumble))))
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Nope. I'm claustrophobic and the crowds drive me nuts, and I hate the over-commercialization of Christmas, and I would rather just spend the day with my family.
                            Ah. *wonders if she's the only person that actually likes Christmas*

I like it [black Friday] you can find some good deals and it's a shopping lovers dream, aside from the long lines But yeah if your claustrophobic it's not good at all

Comment

Ah. *wonders if she's the only person that actually likes Christmas*

I like it [black Friday] you can find some good deals and it's a shopping lovers dream, aside from the long lines But yeah if your claustrophobic it's not good at all
                              I love Christmas, you're not alone! But I hate crowded shopping, so Black Friday sounds like my worst nightmare
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                Amen to that

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *nods*

Not just you I know I'm frequently guilty of getting over excited about things when we get nice shippy tidbits, but that's the fun side. I see no point in getting into a funk just because there's either no news or out of the fear of bad news. As in your first sentence I quoted above!

On the other hand though, I had to smile yesterday when I was on the phone to my sister - she's been watching The West Wing and has just seen (surely this is no spoiler to anyone, considering all the artwork I've posted ) when Josh and Donna finally sort themselves out. Now she's not really into the fandom thing, so this emotional engagement thing is kind of new to her. So she asked me, very seriously, "is it wrong to feel so happy for two fictional characters?" To which I had to laugh and say not at all and welcome to the world of shipping!
                                Now you've spoiled it for me TOTALLY!!!

*blushes*
                                Although, as any Terry Pratchett fans will know, that doesn't necessarily follow
                                I LOVE Terry Pratchett And seriously, you're prettier than his Librarian, just

((((Jumble))))
                                One rule for me, another rule for the rest of the world

What? Is it my fault I'm the only one who sees the true path?

Amanda if you enjoy Christmas, go for it and enjoy it as much as you can. Some of us just don't. To each their own I say *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X