Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld Gathering in Southern Illinois!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent! Nice job David. Something to look forward to now...
    O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
    Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      It was my idea to have the party at David's in the first place. That's gone all sour, too. Now it's at a hotel in a nearby town with maybe a weinie roast at David's on one night.
      No 'maybe' about it. We ARE having a weiner roast at my house one night. Cliff loves the idea. It'll be a GateWorld Forum members private party, along with several other things that will only be for GateWorld Forum members. Cliff is basically coming to have a Ba'al with us for three days, but he is going to do some promotion on the side.

Comment

David, you are officially amazing!
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          It was my idea to have the party at David's in the first place. That's gone all sour, too. Now it's at a hotel in a nearby town with maybe a weinie roast at David's on one night. Assuming the numbers stay manageable. Otherwise, that'll probably go out the door, too. No longer a small, intimate group of fans but this big massive mini convention complete with guest and an Official tag on it and no mention of fans at all. Hosting Cliff Simon....

*shrug* I'm feeling overwhelmingly negative at the moment. Maybe some sleep will help.

If I go it'll be to see KG, Tame, Kligs and the gang. Definitely need to give this some more thought, though. Would offer to take pics, but I only got my pics from my Feb trip to Vegas developed last week.
          poor shadow.
          but even if i have to wait for months any pics are welcome.
          I think you should go anyway. At worst it'll be like a mini convention. Much more intimate (no pun intended - get your mind out of the gutter! ) and in reality, how much of it will be about CS?? Most of the time you guys are gonna be in the Hotel anyway. You get heaps of time to spend hanging out together!
          Go Go Go!!
          And I'll have to put some thought into a stand in for me as well.
          Who would carry around a little beanie baby of me??

Comment

What's this GW private party thing? Would there be people OTHER than GW members at this thing or do the initial signees get to be their own clique?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
              At worst it'll be like a mini convention. Much more intimate (no pun intended - get your mind out of the gutter! ) and in reality, how much of it will be about CS??
              Exactly. It isn't about CS at all. Or it isn't supposed to be, which is why it's bothering me to see this thing promoted as some kind of weekend with CS instead of a weekend of hanging out with fans (and maybe one of them happens to also be CS). And I don't WANT a mini-convention. I just want to hang out with people. If I want a con, I'll go to Gatecon or Wolf Con or something.

Comment

At worst it'll be like a mini convention.
                I will emphasize here and now. This is not a convention. It is a gathering of fans who are in love with Stargate. Cliff is coming to spend three days with us and do some of his own promotion along with GateWorld on the side.

What's this GW private party thing?
                Basically the whole three days with one or two public autograph sessions, etc.

Would there be people OTHER than GW members at this thing or do the initial signees get to be their own clique?
                To part one: no. To the clique part: ...

Comment

What kind of price range can we expect or is that still in talks... Price meaning for admission, hotel costs, autograph/photo ops, etc.
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Most everything is in development still. The things we know for sure are:

1. We'll be staying at a hotel in Carbondale, IL.
                    2. We'll be having a weiner roast at my house one night.
                    3. Cliff Simon is joining us.

Comment

Yea, #3 is kind of important... Should I bring my P90 in case CS gets too much into character (or maybe even my Zat..

Course I could always wear my Argosian toga and have my girlfriend wear her Argosian female "extra" outfit.

Edit: Hey david, did you get my PM by chance?
                      Last edited by Andy867; 12 October 2004, 10:12 PM.

Comment

This sounds awesome..so when is it happening so we can make travel arrangements if possible. Thanks for doing this!
                        ______
                        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

So who's going? I want a complete list of names I can hate!

Seriously, if I lived in the US, I would have signed up for this the second the idea of a get-together was first mentioned. Alas, I shall not be able to grace you all with my presence...
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well, I am 99.9999% sure that I am going, seeing as how SIUC is very close relatively speaking. And with it being in March, I will definitely have the time to escape for a weekend.. (90 miles is nothing compared to the drive up to Chicago (Stargate convention).

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                              or a barbie doll, we could tape your picture to it......
                              EXCUSE ME....I thought I was the originator of Tame Barbie......
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                                I thought Barbie was exclusive to Tame.
                                Thank you Kliggins....glad to see someone was looking out for me and my ideas
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X