This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode #69 is now available!

Last Friday’s “Time” is turning heads, touted by cast and fans alike as perhaps the best episode of Stargate Universe so far. So what did the guys at GateWorld think of it? Darren and David sit down in this week’s podcast to talk about the latest offering from the show, from the cinematography and the use of the kino to time travel and those creepy critters. And we’ll hear what listeners think of “Time,” as well!

We’ll also analyze the nitty-gritty of solar flares in the Quibbles segment, and cap things off with a bonus (and spoilery) discussion of Battlestar Galactica: The Plan!

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...-podcast-time/
    Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2009-11-18.mp3
    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: Call in and tell us what you think of this week’s new episode, “Life.” Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording.

You thread-posters are awesome and insightful, but we want to hear your voice. Now that new episodes of Stargate are airing we're doing our best to get away from reading written comments on air.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

NEW NUMBER! Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks again to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

if i had any feedback on the podcast is that you guys nitpick way to much on universe. sometimes i feel like i'm listening to the audio version of the forum.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hey David, what was the music playing in the background of the closing comments of the "Time" podcast? Was it part of the BSG "Plan" thing? Is there an album?? Sounds gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
          Hey David, what was the music playing in the background of the closing comments of the "Time" podcast? Was it part of the BSG "Plan" thing? Is there an album?? Sounds gorgeous
          the song is call Apocalypse it's from "bsg the plan" it will eventually be released on a soundtrack i think next year.

a live version is available on itunes. but i don't know if open to the international community yet as the composers music "bear mcceary" was just finally released onto itunes 2 weeks ago.

best way to keep up with the releases with probably be to read bear's blog http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/

or just come ask me i'm the resident bsg addict on the forum
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
            Hi gang.

Great podcast re: Light.

Funny thing, was at AT4 Con in London last weekend. I asked a question.

Two rows up, I could hear a girl whisper ; "Hey! That's the guy from the GW podcast!"

......hmmm......Fame or what?

S'n'T
            WOOT!!!!

How cool are you SnT....Maybe we should have a fan club for YOU and your voice...I know I am a fan

We can have Oliver travel for you since he seems to like lazing about just any where

Really awesome that someone recognized your voice
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

hey Tame!!

Yes, I think it's just my pure Irish brogue....either that or they have me confused with Liam Neeson....(*joking*)

Best to you!

BTW Great podcast on Time! Left a voice mail re: Time

S'n'T
              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
              Sara O' Neill's father;
              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

When I met you, the first thing I thought was, "Wasn't this guy in Episode I?"

Comment

Personally, I get a major kick from envisioning your awesome Irish accent being given to Henry Hayes, thanks to your avatar. Every time I hear it, I picture the fictional president with your voice and it just cracks me up.

I'm very nearly fully Irish, myself, but born and raised in the States so I don't get the swoon-worthy dialect to go with it.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Hi Guys!

Many thanks for all the kind words. As I said to RDA when he said "great accent"...I said "Well I have been practicing for almost 30-odd years..." The emphasis being on odd!!!

And Jeff, with your surname, we'll claim you!! Any good at soccer?

Back on topic: Are you guys shelving the retro-look back at SGA while SGU running and saving it for hiatus or end of season? Just curious!

And finally, my Jedi powers are strong!!!!

best to all!

S'n'T

PS: Darren are you still on twitter? No posts recently!
                    Sara O' Neill's father;
                    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

And Jeff, with your surname, we'll claim you!! Any good at soccer?
                      Actually, yes. My team won the district championship in middle school and high school. I haven't played much since, but I love it!
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

S'n'T, expect the look back on Atlantis seasons 1-4 to happen some time during the hiatus between episode 10 and 11 of SGU Season 1.

Comment

Thanks David!

I have been "swotting up" on SGA in anticipation....if there was only an SG pub-quiz!!!!

Thanks again guys.

S'n'T
                          Sara O' Neill's father;
                          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

I'm currently plotting out the next four months of shows, if you guys have any suggestions!

We're doing a "Sex on SGU" special topic for the week that the show is off for U.S. Thanksgiving. And we'll take off two weeks again for the holidays at the end of the year.

Starting in January we'll do a general SGU impressions topic, four shows for the SGA seasons, and a couple of Open Line shows. We also have brainstormed some topics (and guests) that will hopefully make for some very interesting conversation! But there are still a few slots open between now and April, when SGU returns.

Comment

I've seen so much comparing and contrasting the styles of the three shows and even the original film lately, as users have strove to define the essence of each individual piece of the franchise. There are also the countless viewpoints on the styles employed across seasons of SG-1 and its ten years and two telefilms, and even SGA and its five years and sooner or later its telefilm.

I think an episode of the podcast dedicated to analyzing the different creative strokes used for each wing of the Stargate brand would be very interesting. Finding out how the two of you define the eras and their respective artistic juices, and learning which portions of the franchise really impressed you and which ones left you wanting, would be very nifty indeed.

Comment

Excellent suggestion Jeff!

Agree with all of the above.

Some topics that come to mind:

Whatever happened to.....?
                                eg Reetou, Furlings, Daniel's assistant rescued from that planet (of Republicans)
                                Cassandra, Young (cloned) Jack etc etc Speculate on where they are now?

Character Development:

Pick one character from the franchise (the Big Four obviously from SG1)

And plot their evolution/growth (or otherwise) over 10 years? Might be a bit narrow but there goes.

Impact of SG Franchise on Popular Culture?

Perhaps a bit too undefined, but basically...what influence do you think the show(s) have had on popular culture? Also, a discussion on merchandising/conventions and fan-input. I know you've had podcasts that have addressed some (if not all) of these topics, but one to draw all threads together.

Some random thoughts.

S'n'T
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X