This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David View Post
    The FTP has been fixed by the excellent Mr. Greg. Shouldn't be too much longer before Darren gets to it!

awesome =D keep up the awesomeness

Comment

12 minutes.

Glad to know we are missed!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Episode #68 is now available!

This week on the GateWorld Podcast Darren and David are talking about “Earth,” last Friday’s jam-packed new episode of Stargate Universe! From an aggressive plan on the Destiny to several family visits back home, from body swapping and sex to new character revelations, there is plenty to talk about this week. Find out what we think of the communication stone “hiccups” and the disturbing results, Young’s command and Jack O’Neill as an antagonist, plus that jaw-dropper of a final scene.

First up, we’ll weigh in on the recent take a look at this week’s exchange between Chicago Tribune columnist Maureen Ryan and SGU co-creator Brad Wright.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...podcast-earth/
        Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2009-11-11.mp3
        Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: Call in and tell us what you think of this week’s new episode, “Time!” Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording.

You thread-posters are awesome and insightful, but we want to hear your voice. Now that new episodes of Stargate are airing we're doing our best to get away from reading written comments on air.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks again to everyone for listening and contributing to the show!

Comment

listening now
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I totally agree with you guys that SGU has not hit a homerun or grand slam yet. SG-1 and SGA are like the Mark Texeira's and A-rods of the SyFy channel. They have a lot of homeruns under their belt. SGU is likely going to get their first homerun with the mid-season finale and it will be a walk off HR. Get it? Walk off? Sorry for the baseball analogy.
            sigpic

Comment

Great podcast, lots of laughter
              I think the worst case scenario for dialling the stargate out from in a star is a lot worse than suggested. Because the star is a massive gravity well, the distortion on the wormhole could result in some sort of rip in spacetime, causing massive spacial and temporal confusion at both ends and possibly along the path of the wormhole. So it could significantly mess up two galaxies or more. (In the absence of catastrophic failure it might also send people thousands of years into the past or future...)
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Hi guys, glad the podcast is finally up
                I look forward to every podcast more than to an SGU episode.

I'm a long time SG fan and gave SGU every chance but I just can't really like it.
                What I like about your podcast: You are clearly not "stupid" fanboys. You like the show (you have every right to and i really wished I could be so lucky) but you are not afraid to critique it.
                And you're not telling people to stop watching it if they don't like it

Comment

thanks for bring up the brad wright story it made more sense hearing it from you guys
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hey, I was going to call in but the phone said that the number was changed to (951)-262-1647

Can anybody confirm this? or am I the only one who gets this.

Edit: and nevermind, I just called. So yes. That is the new number.
                    Last edited by delta1135; 13 November 2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekiel View Post
                      Hi guys, glad the podcast is finally up
                      I look forward to every podcast more than to an SGU episode.

I'm a long time SG fan and gave SGU every chance but I just can't really like it.
                      What I like about your podcast: You are clearly not "stupid" fanboys. You like the show (you have every right to and i really wished I could be so lucky) but you are not afraid to critique it.
                      And you're not telling people to stop watching it if they don't like it
                      I'm flattered you enjoy the show that much. Frankly I don't think I'm really interesting. I just do it because I enjoy talking with Darren. That and some callers are really insightful.

I always get a kick when I read comments that say that GW is only as successful as it is because we're in the producer's pocket. If I didn't like an episode, I'm going to tell you that I didn't like it. If you don't want to watch, do not watch. That is your right, and I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Just don't try and take that freedom away from me

Comment

Thanks for the head's up, Delta! That is indeed the new number, effective right now.

(951) 262-1647
                        Last edited by Darren; 17 November 2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

*is changing new GW number on the the speed-dial funciton on his mobile phone*
                          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                          Sara O' Neill's father;
                          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hi gang.

Great podcast re: Light.

Funny thing, was at AT4 Con in London last weekend. I asked a question.

Two rows up, I could hear a girl whisper ; "Hey! That's the guy from the GW podcast!"

......hmmm......Fame or what?

S'n'T
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

No way! That is too awesome.

You and your celebrity voice. Me, I have a voice made for newspapers, as they say.

Comment

Yep!

Either that or she was thinking ...

"if i hear that whingy Irish guy again!!!!"

LOL!!!!

Best to all here

S'n'T
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X