This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Rest assured that podcasts for those last two episodes (and much, much more!) is coming. We are backed up in the editing bay right now. "Blockade" and "Gauntlet" are recorded, and we're recording an overall SGU Season Two show this coming weekend.

After that, we hope to get Diana Botsford back for our "SGU Deconstructed" show.
    Brilliant!! I was wondering about the podcast... Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Now Available:
      'Blockade' (SGU Episode #219)

On this week's podcast Darren and David discuss "Blockade," the nineteenth and penultimate episode of Stargate Universe's second season. We'll talk about Eli's crazy plan to recharge Destiny, the drone threat, and the crew's trip to an abandoned planet and what they found there. We'll also discuss Dr. Park's terrifying ordeal during the ship's trip through a blue supergiant, and whether we thought she would live or die.

At the top of the show we'll also discuss some of the big headlines in recent weeks, including Darren's editorial on how wrestling is killing science fiction and the open letter to fans from Syfy Channel's Craig Engler. We'll give the run-down on the Stargate Rewatch (starting August 1), and we have plenty of listener mail from fans all over the world discussing recent episodes and the cancellation.

Call the Podcast Hotline! We're currently prepping our show on SGU Season Two as a whole, and we want you to contribute your thoughts! How do you think the show improved over Season One? Leave a voicemail now to be a part of that conversation.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...cast-blockade/
      Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-05-30.mp3
      Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks once again to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Great Podcast again guys. Though I'd put this thought here on the drones that have been appearing. A few listners commented on why they hadn't attacked Novus. Although the Novuns didn't know what the drones were when they attacked the settlement, wouln't be ironic if they were a product of the destiney descendants that had been shelved as they had turned on them on other planets. As thet one that they visit it Blockade. They haven't attacked Novus as they know it was there home world. Although you could argue that they would protect it. Why haven't they destroyed the seed ships. Or did the seed ships pass through the galaxy before their creation. Have they followed the seed ships as they lay gates? To much to consider!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks, Darren and David for the wonderful Blockade-podcast!
          I absolutely LOVE the Swedish guy with his numbers - simply great

And all the other mails and calls - the Stargate fandom is alive and kicking!
          sigpic

Comment

When can we expect the "Gauntlet" podcast to be available?
            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully next Monday for "Gauntlet!"

Comment

Is there any chance to see Gauntlet released by the end of this week?

Comment

Yep, there is a chance. But odds are better that I won't have it till Monday.

Comment

Any information regarding the release of the Gauntlet podcast ?

Comment

Its never going to come out. Stargate is over and gateworld is dead.
                      Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                      Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I would have liked very much to have a closure to these series of podcasts and that I enjoyed listening for the past years and it's a shame that they didn't materialise even by this day.I'm just saying that it deserves a full circle for the discusion about Stargate Universe and these last podcasts(Gauntlet,Stargate Universe Season 2 overall and SGU Deconstructed) would have made me happy.Frankly,for me, it's not that important what happens beyond and by that I'm referring to Stargate Rewatch Project but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Those podcasts will come out, it just seems to take more time than expected.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like they've had some trouble with editing these past couple months. I think they said it's recorded and just needs to be finished up and posted.

Comment

I was being somewhat sarcastic with my previous comment, i hope people realise that!

I have no wish for it all to come a sudden end.

Still at this point you do have to wonder if the cancellation of the series has taken all the enthusiasm out of Darren, David et all to get things done. Though who could blame them!
                              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I'm very sorry about this delay, everyone. I don't want to point fingers, but I've been just as frustrated (probably moreso) than everyone else waiting for this show to be finished and ready to publish.

To complicate matters, David has been wrapping up his work with Propworx and relocating back to Phoenix, and is now doing intense training for his new employer. But he's excited to have more time for GW than he has for the last year or so.

It's not due to a loss of enthusiasm for Stargate on our part, however. We have some fun things in the works heading into the Stargate Rewatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X