Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone else wrote, recorded, produced, and delivered it to us, and we liked it, I'd probably be happy to publish it at SciFi Stream. But those non-SG shows really have spun-off, and aren't a part of GW any more.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I really enjoyed Podcast #9
      I am really jazzed about the Gatecon film coming up so David ...I will probably be asking you about that a bit too often
      It is always the greatest fun for those of us who can't attend hear about and read about the adventures of those who were there

I was so glad to hear more details about Star Gate Universe and that it isn't going to be a *teeny-bop* show and is instead going to be a show with actors in their 20's and 30's hopefully.

Too often folks get an idea in their head and then the rumors just grow from there and feed on themselves so it was nice to get some more concrete information as well as know that more concrete information is forthcoming

I so hope Brad will let us know that they are hiring a few more writers so there will be some new ideas instead of recycling of what we have already seen a few times over on both SG-1 and SGA. As much as I know TPTB now want to be a huge part of the creation, passing the baton onto new blood is not always a bad thing and also doesn't always mean The old guard still isn't in charge over all.

It will be interesting to find out how they plan to do all this on a ship when this is Star GATE!! as you both made really clear as well

So I am hopeful and looking forward to how things come together
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        do you have the latest version of quicktime???
        I think so.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        Sorry hon.

*cough*

Darren and David announced that they felt your answer was extremely longwinded and thus was cut. You've obviously been hanging around me too long.
        I'm afraid they've gotten our answers mixed up, then.

Oh, and by the way, I'm extremely stupid because I've just now figured out the page on which I can DOWNLOAD the podcast. Where's that dunce hat...

Comment

Episode #10 is now available!

Stargate Atlantis dips its toe into the horror genre in the newest episode, "Whispers!" To talk about the episode, GateWorld editors Darren and David are joined by Tame Farrar, one of our top-notch forum editors. Does Stargate do horror well? Was it a good episode for returning fan favorite Carson Beckett? How did the all-woman team work out?

Also this week:

News! Of course we'll kick off the show by running down the latest news from the Stargate universe, and new features from GateWorld.

Preview! Get an preview of our upcoming interview with David Nykl ("Radek Zelenka").

Listener Mail! Listeners continue to sound off on the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis, and on "Whispers" and horror in Stargate.

Listener Question: It's Teyla's turn at bat in this week's new episode, "The Queen!" Tell us what you think of her character and how she has been used -- or underused -- in the past four-plus years.

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!

Comment

A Podcast analysing Vala and Daniel relationship in DEEP would be great idea...

Comment

Hi there all!!

Firstly, I am really enjoying the Podcasts. To Darren and David, Thank you both for a great discussion! You may recall we met at Vancouver Con 2008 in April and I was also at the Cast and Crew Screening of Continuum.....and David, thanks for the kind editing of my recent appearance on THE PHENOMENON!!! (*blushes deeply*)

Keep up the good work!

To those experiencing difficulty downloading, go to iTunes. By the by, I left a review there....can't believe no one else had up to now!!

@PG15....Are you glued to a key board or what??? On the JM blog and here?? And where are the rest of your reviews of eps gone on the JM Blog??

Thanks again to all, I may leave a message on the HOT LINE!!!

Shirt'n'Tie
              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
              Sara O' Neill's father;
              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Thanks Shirt'n'Tie! I remember you quite well from Vancouver, and it's great to learn that you are listening to the podcast. Thanks for the iTunes review ... I'd love it if more people wanted to take a moment to do that. (I look all the time, and it's been several weeks since we had a new one.)

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  Thanks Shirt'n'Tie! I remember you quite well from Vancouver, and it's great to learn that you are listening to the podcast. Thanks for the iTunes review ... I'd love it if more people wanted to take a moment to do that. (I look all the time, and it's been several weeks since we had a new one.)
                  Evening. Excuse my denseness, but how do you leave an Itunes review? I'm looking at the Podcast on there, but can't see anywhere to leave a review or comment. Am I not getting my memo's?

Comment

Evening. Excuse my denseness, but how do you leave an Itunes review? I'm looking at the Podcast on there, but can't see anywhere to leave a review or comment. Am I not getting my memo's?
                    Click here and look for the "Write a Review" link under "CUSTOMER REVIEWS." You might need to scroll down in the top frame.

Thanks!

Comment

Click here and look for the "Write a Review" link under "CUSTOMER REVIEWS." You might need to scroll down in the top frame.

Thanks!
                      Brilliant. Thanks Darren. I wanted to mention as well about the phone in. As much as I love GW it's very expensive outside the US to phone in the comments, so alas i'll have to pass. Unfortunately we don't get those nifty telephone cards over in the UK and it costs an arm and a leg to phone the US at the moment.

Comment

Just thought you should know when I click the podcast in the upper right section of my screnn I get last weeks podcast about the cancelation.
                        EDIT:It seems to work if I click the popup window on the podcast page
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi again All!!

Just a quick thought, I'm sure some have discussed this already... I'm listening to the podcasts a couple weeks behind, coz the eps have yet to air here in Ireland. (same as UK on Sky One). So, some of the news is "lost in delay".... Sounds like Comic Con was a blast!!!

Can International listeners enter the competitions? Is that ok? Also can you have maybe one competition that you let run for say a month or so? this gives us a chance to "catch up" to that podcast... if you follow my space-time logic?

Also, when the dust finally settles and SGA series is no more....*pause for effect*....How about doing a series of podcast reviews of older eps / seasons? I for one love to hear really great discussion with insightful reviews about eps from by gone days? Just a thought....

Finally, Darren, you mentioned in Vancouver that your studies may take you to Europe (Scotland in particular)... Is this happening?

Thanks again guys!!

S'n'T

PS: David, congrats on the new job.....Jenny S. rocks!!!!
                          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                          Sara O' Neill's father;
                          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

I was the first to write one! ckeren74 is me!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks Darren. I wanted to mention as well about the phone in. As much as I love GW it's very expensive outside the US to phone in the comments, so alas i'll have to pass. Unfortunately we don't get those nifty telephone cards over in the UK and it costs an arm and a leg to phone the US at the moment.
                              David and I realize this is an issue. For now, the best we can come up with is to invite international listeners to record a brief voicemail on your local PC, save it as an MP3 (or WAV, if it's not too big), and e-mail it to webmaster -at- gateworld.net .

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie
                              Can International listeners enter the competitions? Is that ok? Also can you have maybe one competition that you let run for say a month or so? this gives us a chance to "catch up" to that podcast... if you follow my space-time logic?
                              That DVD give-away for Continuum was the only one we've done so far. I think opening it to the whole world adds potential pitfalls for the majority of people who just don't realize that they can't play the Region 1 disc w/o a region-free player. I realize that most of you guys do, but you are above-average.

Also, when the dust finally settles and SGA series is no more....*pause for effect*....How about doing a series of podcast reviews of older eps / seasons? I for one love to hear really great discussion with insightful reviews about eps from by gone days? Just a thought....
                              Definitely a good idea! We may not use our current podcast format for single episodes, but we are talking about trying a full episode commentary track for some of our favorites from SG-1 and Atlantis's past. Then we could do some broader topics like "Atlantis Season One" or "SG-1 Season Seven" in the podcast main discussion.

Finally, Darren, you mentioned in Vancouver that your studies may take you to Europe (Scotland in particular)... Is this happening?
                              Alas, I think Scotland is off the table for now. As much as we'd love to spend a few years over there, my wife and I decided that I'll limit my Ph.D. applications to U.S. schools this year. If I don't get in where I want to go, though, maybe it'll be up for discussion again!

Thanks for asking.
                              Last edited by Darren; 11 September 2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Episode # 10 was my first Podcast. I enjoyed it a lot. Good job to Darren, David, and Tame.

Darren, do you mind if I set up a thread on SCI FI.com linking the podcasts from Gateworld? I think the fans there would enjoy it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X