Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james watson View Post
    hi:

great pics everyone keep em coming. do u guys have the dessert party on saturday night?? too or sunday morning breakfast like creation does??? 40 more days til my stargate convention be safe, have fun. james from chicago.
    Nope. Those are pretty much a Creation thing.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

The con rocked. I will post pictures after get home. I forgot my usb cable. I got some great pictures today. I hope everyone has a safe journey home.

Comment

Highlights from today's panels...

Christopher "Chris" Heyerdahl - He was my favorite although I liked them all. This was his second con. He said Amanda spoke positively about Shore Leave and recommended him to go. He likewise spoke well of her as a producer/writer/actor/person. Basically he said she's not a prima donna that demands things, for example, blue M&Ms. He made reference to blue M&Ms a couple of times. Cute gift idea for him!

He loves the characters of Todd and John Druitt.

Robert Picardo - Very funny especially when paired with friend and Star Trek Voyager colleague, Ethan Phillips. I asked Bob to tell us an anecdote about his scenes with RDA in Atlantis' The Return episode. He said they knew each other from back when he was on Legends but had not worked together until Atlantis. They had so much fun that it was almost an imposition to stop their conversations to do a scene! RDA got Bob interested in Family Guy.

Bob showed up for a surprise performance at the Karaoke Show. He sang several American standard songs. Good voice.

Rachel Luttrell and Jason Mamoa - She's poised, sweet and gracious. Jason is irreverent but funny and not arrogant. A fan asked each of them, "Did you take anything from the set at the end of the series?"

Jason said a memo was circulated that no items were to be taken from the set. Jason wanted his dreadlocks at least to care for until the movie. TPTB said no. So, he took his costume. He was wearing his wide leather cuff.

Rachel said that all she wanted was the canvas back to her set chair with her name printed on it. After her last scene of the series she found it missing. At this point Jason kind of coughed and looked like a deer caught in headlights. She looked at him and guessed that he knew something about it. He said he took it. He cowered as she playfully berated him. He left his stool and headed behind the stools and she followed to cuff him a bit. This was all playful.

He said he took it meaning to give it to her but didn't. Later he lost it but found it again. I think he'll be returning it to her.

They were asked about the new Atlantis movie production. She said she heard it wasn't going to me made. He hadn't heard that. But they agreed that the decision would be based on money such as will DVD sales be good. Rachel believed TPTB didn't think so.

Disclaimer: These hightlights are based on my memory so I ask my GW friends at the con to correct any errors that I may have in this report.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi all! THE CON WAS FREAKIN AWESOME! I just got back to the room from the charity dinner with Bob Picardo. It was so much fun. We raised an extra $4000+ for the cause which was totally awesome! I was sitting right next to Bob to his left too which was even cooler because I got to talk to him and Jedi40 and I got to here a lot of cool stories and jokes. It was a great evening and we were good naturedly ribbing him for being a kangaroo. But in all seriousness he was a perfect gentleman and I am glad that I got the privilege of meeting him. To add to an awesome evening was the fact that Rachel popped in for a few minutes and talked to everyone too and she had baby Caden with her. That is an adorable baby!

I will be posting my pictures from the con after I get home as I am too tired to do it tonight. I got several of Jason with the dual beers at the panel this afternoon. My camera conveniently decided to die right about the time that they did their little cops and robbers thing so I hate to say this but Griffindorgirl, I'm afraid I'll have to cops and robbers the picture from you hon. It was totally awesome to see everyone again and once I can find a recent post from trupi, I am going to give you greens! I can't wait to see the picture and download it to my computer so that I can get it blown up for my album. So I have to say that even with all of the drama that happened to me with my trip up here and all, this is by far one of the most awesome conventions I have been to. Who knows, Jason had so much fun he'll hopefully convince Joe Flanigan to pop in on us next year. We'll just have to cross our fingers and wait to see what happens.

Peace out my tired friends,
          Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

nell....someone posted on JM's blog what was said about the Atlantis movie. JM responded that he was asked to do a script, but nothing more after that.

Comment

Jason and Rachel encouraged fans to get in touch with TPTB about the Atlantis movie. Jason said we should call Joe Mallozzi (right then and there but didn't). I'm glad someone started the call for our Atlantis movie by posting on Joe's blog. Hmmmm, I have yet had TPTB give us a Sam and Jack Confirmation but anyway...I digress.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maryd View Post
                Nell, May I have your permission to use the photo you took of Chris for the fansite christopherheyerdahl.net and of course with credit.
                Yes, you may. But, keep checking back for better quality photos from other GW attendees!
                sigpic

Comment

hi all:

hope everyone had a great time. the bad thing about conventions is that it has to end, *sigh* i'm pretty excited about the stargate con next month, a creation event. this will be my first time meeting joe and rachel. keep those pictures coming and be safe, james from chicago.

Comment

Had a fantastic time. One of the best if not the best con I've ever attended. Working on PB right now and then I will drop off some pretty pretty pictures.

I really want to thank Kett and all of the organizers and volunteers of Shore Leave for putting together such a great event.

Thanks also to trupi for the group photo.

*waves to all the great folks I hung out with all weekend*

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                      Had a fantastic time. One of the best if not the best con I've ever attended.
                      Ditto on that. Every year brings a new round of exciting guest stars and happy reunions with new and old friends. Our Friday night Panera meetup is getting to be like a class reunion. The only problem with this con is that it has to end.

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Okay lets see what I have to share....

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                          Had a fantastic time. One of the best if not the best con I've ever attended. Working on PB right now and then I will drop off some pretty pretty pictures.

I really want to thank Kett and all of the organizers and volunteers of Shore Leave for putting together such a great event.

Thanks also to trupi for the group photo.

*waves to all the great folks I hung out with all weekend*
                          I can't believe it's over! Thank you Abs. I'm so glad you had a great time as I did too Great photo's!

Comment

Robert Picardo at Karaoke Party...

Robert Picardo (The Doctor on Star Trek Voyager and Richard Woolsey on SG-1 and SGA) and Ethan Phillips (Neelix on Star Trek Voyager)...

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Trupster for using your phototicket for the Gateworld shot for a total of I think 21 Gateworlders. (((Hugs)))

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                                I can't believe it's over! Thank you Abs. I'm so glad you had a great time as I did too Great photo's!
                                It was a great time. You are welcome but I'm still laughing over Abs, it makes me sound muscular. I am so not muscular.

Comment

Working...
                                X