No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, I never congratulated Jasmina on 10,000 posts! That's CRAYZEE stuff. :| WTG!

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
    That's great!! But I think yours looks a little off...It's...Softer than the original. Of course, I don't think we're supposed to be exact, so it still looks like the original, just with more you in it...Did that make sense? But other than that I think it's perfect!!!!!

And Rose, Jas capped the entire episode that introduced Tesla. She lists the links to download them several pages ago. There are really good ones in there.
    Thanks! You're right, there are some really useful ones in here...
    Too cool for a signature.

Comment

All riiiight!

Thanks to Jasmina and her wonderful screen capping abilities I was able to make me a Tesla sig! I've been gonig really Sanctuary sig happy lately... I'll make an SJ one soon, I promise!

Snurchable as always!
      Too cool for a signature.

Comment

That's great Rose!!
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
          All riiiight!

Thanks to Jasmina and her wonderful screen capping abilities I was able to make me a Tesla sig! I've been gonig really Sanctuary sig happy lately... I'll make an SJ one soon, I promise!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...3/teslasig.jpg
          Snurchable as always!
          I like it! love the lightening!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            I'm still not seeing why you think it looks weird It looks fine to me, and to Josiane
            It looks good to me too. I can read it fine.

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
            I guess i finished my long journey stalking trying imitate Josiane ... i couldn't do much but i found the font that she was using if i understand correctly , i supposed to put a lyric of a song that i like ? (wich is something impossible for me to choose only one ) so here it goes... [lyric from: Brooke Fraser-Love, is waiting.]

Spoiler:
            Very very nice!

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Well, I started to make my Challenge sig...and ended up with a sig for Ep of the Week

But I think I finally managed to use pretty brushes properly! And I put in the glowy sunspot things

Oh Oma! I applude!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            Where is everyone tonight?? *sigh*
            I'm here... well... kinda. I am thinking I am going to start on the challenge tonight

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            LOL! I think I'll post my challenge sig for feedback. *sigh*

Spoiler:
            I agree with TR The pics on the sides are really soft compared to hers.

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
            All riiiight!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...3/teslasig.jpg
            Snurchable as always!
            NICE!!
            Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
            You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Morning

Oma, fab ep of the week sig I love that pic of them hugging I have a similar idea that I'm itching to gimp, but it's going to have to wait until tonight at least - out all day today so no time I have an idea for my challenge sig too... so much gimping to do, so little time

luvnjack, I think your attempt at me is really good It's so weird seeing people consciously trying to imitate you! As for the sharpening, well I use gimp and for that sig I didn't have to sharpen, the pics were really good quality to start off with. I usually do the duplicating layer and setting the top one on screen thing to brighten and clarify the pics though. Does that help?

Rose, awesome Tesla sig
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hello!
                Coming out of lurking to say thank you to the wonderful people on this thread... I'm more of a writer than an arty type but the instructions here were so easy to follow! Haven't yet caught up on all the thread, but have already had heaps of fun playing in gimp. I literally have never done any photo editing/icon making before this thread and have always wanted to know how people create such pretty sigs! My stuff isn't very good but I'm having fun!
                Thanks again!!
                sigpic

Comment

WELCOME PETITE_STARS!!!

I'm so glad we've helped you - a lot of us are quite new to this too and we've been learning a lot from each other, it's great to know we've been teaching others too! Do you fancy showing us some of what you've done? I'm sure we'd all love to see! And if you want specific help or tips or feedback just say so, we're always happy to help
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Excellent works on the challenge girls. It's gonna be so much fun to see them all together. *bounces*

Oma, starting with one thing and ending up with another. That sounds familiar. It is an awesome sig tho'. Great blending of the two eps.

Love the Tesla sig Rose. Especially those half hidden pics. Showing his true nature.

Welcome petite_stars. Glad we could help out. Drop by often and show us the pretties that you make. We wanna see them
                    sigpic

Comment

In case anyone hasn't heard, Bekki is alive and well She lost her internet in December, so couldn't let us know she was going to be away in January

Comment

Welcome petite_stars! Like Jas said, we want to see your pretties!

Ok, here is my atempt for the Challenge of the Week.

I don't think I did a good job. Wait. I should rephrase that. I don't think I copied Aveo well. Even though I do like it.

Spoiler:
                        Aveo:

Mine:

The song is Dangerous by Roxette.

I just don't think I have enough color in it. All of Aveo's are so colorful.

Like TR said, this is hard! LOL

Oma I kwym about Gimping something else. I have two ideas, and I need to write them down or I'll forget... and IMO, they are pretty good. LOL
                        Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm going to start working on a sig for GW tomorrow. I haven't quite figured out the finer details of posting images to the forum yet though but when I do I'll post the couple I've done. I have one up on my livejournal as my header, can't believe I made it You guys made it way easier than I thought it would be!
                          sigpic

Comment

Morning gimPS (you know its funny in any other situation that would be a rather large insult ).

Great challenge stuff guys, I'm itching to try out SeNedra's style, it's so pretty and sparkly ! I did zero revision yesterday though (I know, bad Sarai) so will have to crack the whip and get some of that done first. It's just so booooooring.

Luvnjack, I think your challenge sig is a lot closer to the original than you think, you've done a fabulous job! The only thing I would suggest is to maybe scale down the size of the foreground pics of SJ, at the mo the Sam one is also a lot bigger so the balance of the sig is a little bit off. Hope that helps

Originally posted by petite_stars View Post
                            Thank you for the welcome!

I'm going to start working on a sig for GW tomorrow. I haven't quite figured out the finer details of posting images to the forum yet though but when I do I'll post the couple I've done. I have one up on my livejournal as my header, can't believe I made it You guys made it way easier than I thought it would be!

Welcome Petite Stars
                            (cute name!)

Comment

Hey Sarai, wood this help?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                Hey Sarai, wood this help?

If Martin was stood over me cracking a whip, I don't think anything wood help .

And hey Jumble!

Comment

Working...
                                X