No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's gorgeous! You're a very talented lady!

So this is what I've got for the background so far... What do you guys think?

I scaled it down!
    Last edited by LiliJ; 19 October 2008, 08:33 AM.
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Found some new options in PS lately...and tried them out

This came outta it:

sigpic

Comment

Oh that is beautiful Jann! Love it!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
          Yeah it's gorgeous! You're a very talented lady!

So this is what I've got for the background so far... What do you guys think?

I scaled it down!
          I think it needs grunge! *giggle* I think everything needs grunge! *giggle* I like the color. I am excited to see how the autumn theme looks against it.
          sigpic

Comment

I found some PSP Tutorials. Hope that helps some of out Paint Shop users. Not sure if they're any good.
            sigpic

Comment

And here is a link to more Paint Shop stuff...
              sigpic

Comment

*dashes in*

great stuff guys.

*is still thunking after jasmina's jack sig*

and josi, the angst on the Continuum sig is amazing! well done !

Only one more day left on the film placement *wipes a tear*. Made lots of friends and learned lots, but I am really itching to get into Gimp again !

*dashes out*

Comment

So I was looking through all my art to decide which ones I wanted to put on my freewebs site (finally) and ended up redoing my fishing walli. What do you think?
                  Before

After

Comment

oooh nice changings, lovely...but erm...if you really want to do a finishing touch IMHO do a colouring/gradient/texture on it...I'm an addict of it...but it just finishes stuff IMHO...

Also funny to see that I once(loooooong time ago) made a sig/wp with the same pics just sooo different!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Gimp is basically like a free version of Photoshop, but there do seem to be things you can do in PS that you can't in Gimp. And PSP seems to work pretty well for those GimPSers who use it Since it's free, you may as well download and have a go - just beware that it's not very intuitive at first Although I've never used PSP so I don't know how similar its functionality is to Gimp.

I have been gimping tonight too, using some of those lovely paper textures that luvnjack posted not so long ago - in spoilers though cause it's Continuum:

Spoiler:
                      http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/hardestthing.jpg

Words shamelessly stolen from Joss Whedon

On the subject of which, I know that the rules on spoilery things in sigs aren't as strict as in posts, and some people are using Continuum sigs already. So, can I canvas opinion - is this too spoilery or do you reckon I could use it?
                      I think you can. I don't think it's too spoilery at all.

and

*SOB*

Originally posted by starlover View Post

This came outta it:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../samgrace1.jpg
                      Nice. I think you found one of the only pics where she is smiling in that whole episode. Heart the colors!

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                      So I was looking through all my art to decide which ones I wanted to put on my freewebs site (finally) and ended up redoing my fishing walli. What do you think?
                      Before

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krileasie678/Backgrounds/th_fishing.jpg

After
                      http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krileasie678/Backgrounds/th_fishing-1.jpg
                      I like it. I like it a lot.

Isn't it funny though... as we are getting more and more talented with using this stuff that we are going back and remaking things.

Ok... maybe I am the only one who finds it funny.
                      Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                      You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Oh my, I've just been away for only ONE day... you brought it onto yourselves. MULTIQUOTE and it could take a while. Use the bathroom, get you something to drink and popcorn

ready?

heeeerrre we go

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

I found some really cool frames which I wanted to use, and I ended up with a pink...ish wallpaper. Shoot me now.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...aper/th_52.jpg
                        the pink isn't too bad. I like it

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        I think those fluffers are contagious, and they have a plan for pink world domination. It has already begun.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!
                        it seems to me we cannot hide from that

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        Attempted to make a wallie. Nothing special, but I like the colors and it sits nicely on the desktop.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...ntitled-13.jpg
                        I like it *snurch*

and sig...not very good...have to change something but don't know what

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...racesamsig.jpg
                        I love it the way it is. it's ab it "empty" on the right side but I really like it this way

Smile sweetly at Fainne - she uses PSP and brushes.

oh me? what? where? huh? - i somehow missed lili's post. You want brushes in your PaintShopPro ? which version of it do you use? I'm using XI I could make you a little tut if it helps
                        Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                        Will do!

So what is the deal with Gimp? Cos I'm thinking of downloading it...
                        NOOOOO don't go on their side. we PaintShoppers must be stroooong! RESIST!!! *ducks and runs*
                        *gasp* Ok, who is the one to make a tag? i'd chose THIS signature if it was me

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        I found some PSP Tutorials. Hope that helps some of out Paint Shop users. Not sure if they're any good.
                        oooh sweet! I didn't know this page before. I'll check it out thank you.

Before

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...th_fishing.jpg

After
                        http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h..._fishing-1.jpg
                        i like both... he fonts are perfect. But if I'd have to chose I'd take the second one. just because of the colors

Comment

Gimp is basically like a free version of Photoshop, but there do seem to be things you can do in PS that you can't in Gimp. And PSP seems to work pretty well for those GimPSers who use it Since it's free, you may as well download and have a go - just beware that it's not very intuitive at first Although I've never used PSP so I don't know how similar its functionality is to Gimp.

I have been gimping tonight too, using some of those lovely paper textures that luvnjack posted not so long ago - in spoilers though cause it's Continuum:

Spoiler:

On the subject of which, I know that the rules on spoilery things in sigs aren't as strict as in posts, and some people are using Continuum sigs already. So, can I canvas opinion - is this too spoilery or do you reckon I could use it?
                          So angsty Well done

This came outta it:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../samgrace1.jpg
                          Brilliant work!

Before

After
                          Agree with Fainne, i like tha colours on the second wallie more though both are beautifull
                          sigpic

Comment

Everyone...just a simple thank you from me for the lovely comments on the sigs...slowly getting my vibe back Woohoo!

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                            *gasp* Ok, who is the one to make a tag? i'd chose THIS signature if it was me
                            You want me to make a tuterial right? ...just saying I don't know if I can convert this one to another program...since it involves curve layers, color balance and some short clouding options (but overall it's a very simple sig )
                            sigpic

Comment

Jann I for one would really appreciate a tut on that sig But please explain each move (where to find things etc) so that simpletons like me (with PS) can follow because I'm still finding my way around atm.

Comment

Spoiler:

Gah! missed this one. I love the sig. the color is great. the text in the background, is it a texture? I also quoted Joss whedon once - ok, it was Xander from Buffy, but Whedon created the show... I love quoting shows and movies and songs

yes a tut for it please starlover .it seems easy but it isn't - at least for me it isn't .

Comment

Working...
                                X