The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Yay, thats much better ....outer glow? *runs off to try that* soooo many new things to learn

I've lost track of the original conversation about the summer glow What were you looking for exactly?

Thanks for the caps! I have my own, but I always seem to find some amongst other people's that I've missed completely
    I mentioned using inner glow on the Jack sig. However Oma can only find something called Summer glow in GIMP, and since you've used both programs, maybe you know an equivalent to inner glow?
    sigpic

Comment

Nope, not finding anything useful, not even the Summer Glow

I did however find a thing (in Gimp) filters>light and shadow>Xach effect, which gives a lot of interesting effects on text, of which this is only one quick one

it gives all sorts of glowy effects according to how you set the sliders.

Also, Oma have you used filters>artistic>gimp impressionist? You can do some amazing things to both text and pics. I hadn't really looked at it much before, nearly got lost whilst looking for the inner glow I think Gimp was just trying to reel me back in...............
      Last edited by Jumble; 25 August 2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Oh I do like gimping

Made another ep of the week sig

sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Thanks...

but no...I don't like bevel and emboss in this case...just tried it...but it doesn't look pretty then...just put the text on 100% again(made a fast edit) and I think the text is good to read now...but if you put bevel and emboss on it...it gets harder to read...

But I also had a time that I wanted to use that on every sig/wp/icon I made

Now I''m a drop shadow addict and I love outer glow

Edit: made a 1px line around the text...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ostcitysj2.jpg
          looks awesome. I'm trying to find the outer glow of texts on PSP but I can't
          Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Ohhhh, me likes very much.
          Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post

Fainne, and Jann, lone new sigs
          thank you
          Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Oh I do like gimping

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...nt/creeps2.jpg
          aww, i like the color. but didn't really like the scene. I'm claustrophobic and nearly died watching it.

Comment

Oh I do like gimping

Yay, I love it. It's blue
            sigpic

Comment

Jann, love the new sig! The outline on the text definitely helps! I can't believe how much we're all learning!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh I do like gimping

I see an earlook there... Sweet love new sig, Josie!
                sigpic

Comment

Boy what a couple of catch-up sessions! I can't believe how many wonderful sigs and icons and wps you've all made! I've loved every single one of them! I started multiquoting and then realised i'd have to make at least 10 posts to quote them all Fantastic stuff! ((((((((GimPS))))))))))

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  Attempted to make a wallie. Nothing special, but I like the colors and it sits nicely on the desktop.

I really love the gate pic in the background...can you share the cap? Please!!!

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                  ok, this is not exactly Aragorn. But hope you'll like it though. the same style like my Ronon signature

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...cksamdream.jpg
                  Hmmm, not exactly Aragorn, but since it's Beautiful, I'll forgive you

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  I don't know. I have no idea what Summer Glow is. Maybe Jumble knows since's she's been using both programs.

Oh and Continuum caps. See I can take hints.
                  Ooooooh Continuum caps!!!! You are wonderful!!!!!! I've been dying for good screencaps of the movie - and there are so many!!!! If I can't find inspiration in amongst these, I'll give up gimping completely (((((((hugs Jas))))))

Nope, not finding anything useful, not even the Summer Glow

I did however find a thing (in Gimp) filters>light and shadow>Xach effect, which gives a lot of interesting effects on text, of which is only one quick one
                  http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...Xacheffect.jpg
                  it gives all sorts of glowy effects according to how you set the sliders.

Also, Oma have you used filters>artistic>gimp impressionist? You can do some amazing things to both text and pics. I hadn't really looked at it much before, nearly got lost whilst looking for the inner glow I think Gimp was just trying to reel me back in...............
                  Sorry for confusing everyone....I was being silly cos I had absolutely no idea what inner glow was....Summer Glow is my Dove body lotion with a hint of self-tan

I love the Xach effect, I found it a little while ago when I was making all those duty doesn't stop the pain sigs. I like cutting sections out and using it to highlight....although I haven't used it for a while now....

Gimpressionist...yep I've seen it, sometimes I have a go with it, but there are just so many variables, I get scared and
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi

Great job everyone, I cought up here too finally. I love all the artwork. In last time was doing just a lot of Lorne sigs (requests from the thunk thread) so I want to show up my favourite

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                      ok, this is not exactly Aragorn. But hope you'll like it though. the same style like my Ronon signature

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...cksamdream.jpg
                      I really like that sig ... what font is it??

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a font addict (I have almost 900 fonts, I really shoulde delete a bunch, I usually end up using one that starts with the letter A or B lol).

Ohhh, and dropshadow .... I love that as well

I'm not in a PS mood lately though ... *sigh*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                        Sorry for confusing everyone....I was being silly cos I had absolutely no idea what inner glow was....Summer Glow is my Dove body lotion with a hint of self-tan

Thats classic! Had me searching everywhere for it! But I forgive you because I found lots of other cool stuff whilst searching

I love the Xach effect, I found it a little while ago when I was making all those duty doesn't stop the pain sigs. I like cutting sections out and using it to highlight....although I haven't used it for a while now....

Gimpressionist...yep I've seen it, sometimes I have a go with it, but there are just so many variables, I get scared and
                        "Experiment, just click on stuff and play with it!" (Oma circa March 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                          Hi

Great job everyone, I cought up here too finally. I love all the artwork. In last time was doing just a lot of Lorne sigs (requests from the thunk thread) so I want to show up my favourite

Lorne? Where? Ooooh, you mean in the spoilers above Ronan Lovely sigs SeNedra, but that Ronan one is far too distracting

Comment

Lorne? Where? Ooooh, you mean in the spoilers above Ronan Lovely sigs SeNedra, but that Ronan one is far too distracting
                            Hehe you are not the first one who says that I drool every time I look at it
                            Thanks!

Comment

Jumbly, i had the same reaction as you. That Ronan sig is just sooooooooooooooo yummy! But i live brunnets... Lorne are more close to them... Great sigs, SeNedra!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                                *headesk* off course it is.

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                                Hi

[SPOILERS]<snip>
                                *drools* Oh and can you PM me the original right pic from your sig. *looks hopeful*

I'm making icons again. And I blame Lies for that. Tuts....everywhere....try....must....tuts...make...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X