No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tut Egle! Will have to try some of those out (and the more new fonts )

So, who're you gonna tag for a tut now?
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      If you're gonna make it, could you make me a version with a little free room on the upper right corner, please. I started messing with it only bc I couldn't put the cap as a wallpaper, the calender covered Jack's picture. It being the whole point of the cap and all.

I'll try to get the patterns now.
      ok, I'll try. so you want more free room in that corner... which calendar do you mean? did i miss anything or is it just something you want to add on your own. i hope to do it irght the way you want.

Comment

It's a pattern I made ages ago, but I don't remember how. Are they saved in some kind of folder, where I can look for them?

OK, here goes nothin'.

[SPOILERS]
        Spoiler:
        First - I used two pictures - this one as a background and this.
        Background image's effect - Layer > Layer Style > Bevel and Emboss > Texture. Scale and Depth both 100. I had some brick pattern. (Don't know how to show it. )
        Main image's effect - The same way as background, only other pattern.
        As you can see the picture is tilted. Press Crtl T for transform. On the left and upper right used this pattern:
        Spoiler:
        http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/Varia/MUSTER.jpg[/

Blending Change is Screen and on 100%. On the next layer used patterns, that made tiny stripes and diagonals on the right.
        Spoiler:
        http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/Varia/stripes.jpg
        Next layer had the flower pattern on it.
        Spoiler:
        http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/Varia/flowerbrush.jpg
        For that I took the second pattern from here

and went Edit > Define Brush. Opacity 100%, Flow 50%. Brush size 396. No need to drag the brush or anything. Just one push. Everything else is text. For the one on the left corner, used font Desyrel, size 18, adjusted with Crtl T and under Layer Style - Drop Shadow and Satin. Left options as they were. [SPOILERShttp://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/Varia/text1.jpg For the hearts used font KR Heartalicious. Adjusted both with Crtl T, bigger one's Opacity is 30%, smaller one's 80%. Writing text used Desyrel, size 18, Satin (no Satin with xxx).
        Spoiler:
        http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/Varia/text2.jpg And a little Made by Egle on the left.

I think that's it. Will try to find a way to show patterns. Is the tut understandable? I know I'm a crappy at explaining stuff. Now if you'll excuse me, one dog has been waiting for ages to get outside.
        Well done for your first tut

btw May I make a suggestion to everyone doing a tut (especially the first-timers) ? As the thread is quite busy lately, its a bit difficult to track back to the original sig/wp. Could everyone post a pic of the subject of their tut at the beginning of that tut (sounds like toot toot ) just so everyone knows what it is? Thanks

Comment

Queen Oma?

I don't mind the parking space and the payrise, but I really don't want to be worshipped or anything....

Egle - thanks for the tut! The more I looked at your wp the more I see and think "how did she do that?" This bit of the tut in particular was great, because I didn't realise it could be done in one step.

Background image's effect - Layer > Layer Style > Bevel and Emboss > Texture.
          I thought I had to get a texture then map the screenshot onto it. It took me a few mintues of intense thinking (ow!) but I found it

In Gimp, to texturise the background like Egle did, its Filters>Distorts>Emboss. Make sure you tick the Bumpmap box then you can play around with the sliders until you get the effect you want.
          sigpic

Comment

Here it is, folks. My very first and quite possibly last attempt to make a wallie. Be merciful.

Um, the upper right corner is the way it is to leave suitable background for Rainlendar.

<snip>

Oh I love the text on this. *happy shippy sigh*

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Thanks for the tut Egle! Will have to try some of those out (and the more new fonts )

Yes Egle! Thank you!
            Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
            You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Egle I tried... I really tried. But I'm not good in copying. It's not finished because I didn't find out where you got the hearts and could you please post the hole text that you wrote in the corner?

so here is my attempt PLEASE LET ME LIVE *falls on knees*

and i believe that the functions - even when they are called the same in PS and PSP - work different

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                Queen Oma?

I don't mind the parking space and the payrise, but I really don't want to be worshipped or anything....

Egle - thanks for the tut! The more I looked at your wp the more I see and think "how did she do that?" This bit of the tut in particular was great, because I didn't realise it could be done in one step.

I thought I had to get a texture then map the screenshot onto it. It took me a few mintues of intense thinking (ow!) but I found it

In Gimp, to texturise the background like Egle did, its Filters>Distorts>Emboss. Make sure you tick the Bumpmap box then you can play around with the sliders until you get the effect you want.
                Thanks for the gimp translation Oma! I'm going to have a go at that this afternoon And well done on your attempt Fainne
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                  ok, I'll try. so you want more free room in that corner... which calendar do you mean? did i miss anything or is it just something you want to add on your own. i hope to do it irght the way you want.
                  Um, the upper right corner is the way it is to leave suitable background for Rainlendar.

Ooo, I get to tag someone? Wohoo! Who shall it be? Any volunteers?

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Well done for your first tut

btw May I make a suggestion to everyone doing a tut (especially the first-timers) ? As the thread is quite busy lately, its a bit difficult to track back to the original sig/wp. Could everyone post a pic of the subject of their tut at the beginning of that tut (sounds like toot toot ) just so everyone knows what it is? Thanks
                  I was hoping that little pictures as a reminder would do the trick. Will keep in mind.

Egle I tried... I really tried. But I'm not good in copying. It's not finished because I didn't find out where you got the hearts and could you please post the hole text that you wrote in the corner?

so here is my attempt PLEASE LET ME LIVE *falls on knees*

http://www.myimg.de/?img=tuta95cf.jpg

and i believe that the functions - even when they are called the same in PS and PSP - work different
                  Tell me again, why should I not let you live. Me likes it. For the record, I prefer wallies at size 1024 x something that would fit my screen.
                  sigpic

Comment

Tell me again, why should I not let you live. Me likes it. For the record, I prefer wallies at size 1024 x something that would fit my screen.
                    whhooops - I'm sorry - and confused I thought I did it in this size. now i canged it. hope you like it now. and can you please tell me how you did the hearts? and give me the whole text you put in the corner of your wallie so i can add it? I can't read the first words of it

so now the walli, spoiler for size
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Hearts:

For the hearts used font KR Heartalicious. Adjusted both with Crtl T, bigger one's Opacity is 30%, smaller one's 80%. Writing text used Desyrel, size 18, Satin (no Satin with xxx).
                      http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...aria/text2.jpg
                      And the text, it was jibberish(sp?). Use your imagination.

Edit: I like the way you made upper right corner. Very much. Better than mine.
                      sigpic

Comment

cool, thank you. I finished, hope you like it

Spoiler:

Comment

cool, thank you. I finished, hope you like it

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n.../psp/tut-1.jpg
                          I sure do. Fits perfectly. Thaaanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

I sure do. Fits perfectly. Thaaanks.
                            *phew* you are welcome

Comment

Trying to conquer my fear of wallpapers, and also use some of these cool new effects and brushes and fonts that have been all over the thread the last couple of days, and have come up with this...

I'm not sure, bits of it I really like, other bits I'm not so certain about... I think I just look at all that space and get freaked out with the need to put things in it
                              sigpic

Comment

Trying to conquer my fear of wallpapers, and also use some of these cool new effects and brushes and fonts that have been all over the thread the last couple of days, and have come up with this...

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...t/alwayswp.jpg

I'm not sure, bits of it I really like, other bits I'm not so certain about... I think I just look at all that space and get freaked out with the need to put things in it
                                And I don't see what the fuss is about. That is brilliant.

See, there is nothing to be afraid of.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X