No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaah - I see!!! Thanks, ladies Will have to have a play in the morning!

...*winks at Jumble*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      Okay, this is the first sig I have ever made (and my first post in this thread) and I thought that I would go to the experts for some honest comments. Be honest, I won't cry.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ig-Warrior.jpg

P.S. Thank you, Devilish Me, for commenting on the text in the other thread.
      Your first ever sig? Really? *iz very impressed*

It's very good! The cutting out is great - which btw is the bit that people usually struggle with when first making artwork. Good placement, colours, lovely text, the images are really clear too....yep, really great for a first sig

*mutters jealously while replying*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      Um....

*coughs*

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...na-helen-2.png

K...now that I've done every possible version of artwork with that picture...
      Me likey this one best too Yes, even with the pinky bits! *wonders what's happening to me *

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      It's a kind of blending setting for a layer, and basically it brightens it. You use gimp right? Look at your layers box, and see at the top, above the list of layers, there's a box that probably says 'normal' in it on the left, and the slider for adjusting the opacity on the right. To use a screen layer, duplicate the layer you want to screen ('Layer' > 'duplicate layer', IIRC, although it's a while since I've used gimp ), then make sure the top layer is selected in the layers box and go to that box that says 'normal'. Click in it and you'll get a list of all the different types of blending for layers. Choose 'screen' et voila, you will have a screen layer!

Let me know if you can't get it to work and I'll open up gimp and do screenshots
      I'm sure I've got screen shots of that already......*hunts in pb*

It's a great idea to play around with the different layer settings and see what they do. You'll soon get the hang of it, and it's amazing how many different looks you can get. It really opens up what you can do when you understand how these work

You can play with putting textures over your work and using the different layer settings at different opacities too. It's lots of fun
      sigpic

Comment

*giggles* I just switched windows to look at Jann's Helen wp......the background and litte pics look so pretty and beautiful - then you realise Helen looks like she's about to shoot someone I love the dichotomy of it, very Helen Fab wallie Jann
        Last edited by Oma-1; 16 January 2010, 08:36 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone seen this: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6#post11122276

Cool!! Sounds amazing!! Bigger avatars!! means time for new artwork so it will fit 120x120

Comment

Phew, second one finished

^clicky

Last edited by josiane; 16 January 2010, 12:03 PM.
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Cool!! Sounds amazing!! Bigger avatars!! means time for new artwork so it will fit 120x120
              Oh good grief! More changes usually = more glitches and crashes

Bigger avis.... hm.

There's no mention of bigger kb sizes for sigs, that's what I'd like to see

Anyone else having trouble picking stuff to enter for the Awards? I'm struggling to get mine down to 10 for Humour art

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Bigger avis.... hm.

Anyone else having trouble picking stuff to enter for the Awards? I'm struggling to get mine down to 10 for Humour art
                I'm to scared to even start on that. Especially in the icons part.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

NOOOO!!! WHY?! That means all of those nice 100X100 icons for LJ will look stupid now!

Right?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  Me too... Considering the icons are the only thing I've really made recently...

I'm more concerned about picking stuff to nominate because I know there's a lot of your guys stuff that I want to pick but a lot of it is lost in the thread...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Bigger avis.... hm.

yeah, picking only 10 Angsty arts....
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been trying to pick stuff today and have got some, but it's really hard Are the categories definite yet?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        OMG! I didn't think of that for you

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        NOOOO!!! WHY?! That means all of those nice 100X100 icons for LJ will look stupid now!

Right?

Me too... Considering the icons are the only thing I've really made recently...

I'm more concerned about picking stuff to nominate because I know there's a lot of your guys stuff that I want to pick but a lot of it is lost in the thread...
                        I don't get what you mean You nominate from what people submit of their own work, you don't have to find something that someone else made to nominate

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        yeah, picking only 10 Angsty arts....
                        Maybe we should do a deal - you submit ten of my humours and I'll submit ten your angsties

Edit: Yes Josiane, they're definite. Sadly two I like were taken out What does 'Hush' mean again? Sounds like something quiet, I doubt I have any of those

Comment

Not that I'm really complaining, it must have been horrendous for Sarai and Oma when there was no limit last year Hundreds of arties and hundreds of votes to sort through couldn't have been much fun I guess we all have our favourite category that we make most stuff for and others that we don't make any for at all. That's the way it goes I guess *shrugs*

Comment

Not that I'm really complaining, it must have been horrendous for Sarai and Oma when there was no limit last year Hundreds of arties and hundreds of votes to sort through couldn't have been much fun I guess we all have our favourite category that we make most stuff for and others that we don't make any for at all. That's the way it goes I guess *shrugs*
                            Oh I think there has to be a restriction - it's unmanageable for poor Oma and Sarai otherwise! It's just tough to pick

And cool on the categories - I didn't want to spend too long picking stuff out in case they changed again

Hush means without text
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Oh I think there has to be a restriction - it's unmanageable for poor Oma and Sarai otherwise! It's just tough to pick

And cool on the categories - I didn't want to spend too long picking stuff out in case they changed again

Hush means without text
                              I know....... but I woodn't be British if I didn't have a moan about something

No text? Hmm.

Believe it or not, I've only got three for Gutter Art

Comment

OMG! I didn't think of that for you

I don't get what you mean You nominate from what people submit of their own work, you don't have to find something that someone else made to nominate

Maybe we should do a deal - you submit ten of my humours and I'll submit ten your angsties

Edit: Yes Josiane, they're definite. Sadly two I like were taken out What does 'Hush' mean again? Sounds like something quiet, I doubt I have any of those
                                I don't know if I have ten humours...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X