No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much brushes as I have or not? Since my whole screen is filled..I should throw some out...but I love my brushes a lot!
    in the sig I have atm...there are two brushes...sparkles one and the one of the boxes!
    sigpic

Comment

Brushes are addictive.
      I have too many. I should delete some of them, but I just don't have the heart to do it. But I should rename them. It happens that I don't know what kind of brushes are hiding behind the strange names they have sometimes.
      sigpic

Comment

I've got a question about sigs: how do you make them rotate?? I have no idea, I made some new and want to use them. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
          I've got a question about sigs: how do you make them rotate?? I have no idea, I made some new and want to use them. Thanks!!!
          I use http://www.imagerotate.com/

Its usually really good, although I have had a slight problem with it today Probably just me!

Its easy to use and you can have up 20 sigs rotating. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
            I use http://www.imagerotate.com/

Its usually really good, although I have had a slight problem with it today Probably just me!

Its easy to use and you can have up 20 sigs rotating. Hope that helps
            Thank you, it's working !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
              Thank you, it's working !!!
              Woooohooooo!

Comment

Question! How can you rename the brushes in PS. The ones I have just have numbers that repeat several times and it's hell to search through them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  Question! How can you rename the brushes in PS. The ones I have just have numbers that repeat several times and it's hell to search through them.
                  Go to your brushes and rename them with right click and then there is an option rename them..

Screencap time:

Comment

Was wondering if we can compile a list of the sites everyone gets their textures from? I'm looking for some nice paper textures, with writing on etc... Atm I'm using BlackLagoon on someones (sorry, can't remember who ) recommendation. Any more?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Was wondering if we can compile a list of the sites everyone gets their textures from? I'm looking for some nice paper textures, with writing on etc... Atm I'm using BlackLagoon on someones (sorry, can't remember who ) recommendation. Any more?

I will update the list in at the front today with all the links everyone has provided, don't worry then you'll have more then enough textures...

and you know you can always use paper textures with a nice brush with writing on...
                      brushes are your friend

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        I will update the list in at the front today with all the links everyone has provided, don't worry then you'll have more then enough textures...

and you know you can always use paper textures with a nice brush with writing on...
                        brushes are your friend
                        Yes, brushes are our friends!

Here's my latest efforts. I used the Handwriting brush that was recommended on this thread.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

brushes are your friend
                          Thanks Eve!!

Just made another sig. Been bitten by the bug, as if we didn't have enough work in RL to do !! Oh well, this is more fun

Comment

Thanks Eve!!

Just made another sig. Been bitten by the bug, as if we didn't have enough work in RL to do !! Oh well, this is more fun

Wow! Well done! Impressive!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              Thanks Oma!

Color to Alpha: Click on "Layer", then click on "transparency", then click on "color to alpha". That'll make it transparent.
                              Just been catching up. With the "colour to alpha" on transparency from what I can gather the whiter you make it, the opaquer (that's not a word is it? ) the picture will be, and the blacker you make it the more transparent it will be.

But the best thing to do really is play around with it yourself to get a feel for how grey/blue/opaque you want your images to be

Been reading about these brushes, very interesting , and I want to start playing so I've downloaded a brush package but I don't know how to get them into GIMP.

Anyone?

Comment

Thanks Eve!!

Worth leaving the RL stuff when you come up with something like this

Just been catching up. With the "colour to alpha" on transparency from what I can gather the whiter you make it, the opaquer (that's not a word is it? ) the picture will be, and the blacker you make it the more transparent it will be.

But the best thing to do really is play around with it yourself to get a feel for how grey/blue/opaque you want your images to be

Been reading about these brushes, very interesting , and I want to start playing so I've downloaded a brush package but I don't know how to get them into GIMP.

Anyone?
                                Try this
                                http://hawksmont.com/blog/gimp-how-to-add-brushes/

Comment

Working...
                                X