No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fainne do you know how to do wavy writing? Lili explained how to get the writing to curve down (like a unhappy face) but I can't work out how to make it go the other way... do you know?
    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

okay...Does anyone have the picture I used in this sig, and can you post it for me plz?
      I can't seem to find mine on my HD anymore!

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
          Thanks It's Jellyka - Estrya's Handwriting, I got it from dafont.
          Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Aveo, Nominations are really easy. You can nominate all the pieces of artwork you like, into whatever categories you think they fit into best. For instance, if someone submitted a WP for Angst, but you want to nominate it for Best Background or Best WP, then go for it You can nominate anything that has been submitted (including your own artwork). This will give us a shortlist of everything that was submitted ready for Voting

Just make sure you list:

a) Title of the artwork
            b) Name of the GimPS who made it
            c) Which category you want to nominate it for

Then email them all to [email protected]

Have I explained that clearly? It makes sense to me, but that's cos I know what it's supposed to say
            sigpic

Comment

Perfectly clear Oma

Have to say though, I find it odd that we can nominate our own work

Comment

You can nominate it now, but you won't be allowed to vote for it when we get to that stage.
                sigpic

Comment

I am just curious, have you tried to choose the nominations already? How many you think you are gonna nominate? I got through most of the posts yesterday and I made a list of artwork I like... After I shortened it I still am somewhere around 70 pieces That's because everyone is so awsome here

Comment

Jane Austen Header + tutorial:

Tutorial:
                    Made in PS CS3 - but it is translatable to PSP and Gimp

Spoiler:
                    1. Open new document and add this layer:

2. Add this layer, and put it on blending mode: soft light.

3. Layer > New adjustment layer > Color balance:
                    * Shadows: 0, 11, 0
                    * Midtones: -32, -26, 7
                    * Highlights: -21, 16, 0

4. Add your picture of Sam/Jack, and put the blending mode on Hard light.
                    (this step works the best with grey, black or white background)

5. Add this brush, underneath the layer of the picture or underneath the layer of the colour balance (I did underneath the colour balance)

6. Duplicate the picture and move it around, put the blending mode on Soft light, and opacity 40%

7. Add this texture, put the blending mode on screen:

8. Add your text, and put a stroke around your text. I used this font: http://www.dafont.com/jellyka-saint-andrews-queen.font

9. Merge down and add a stroke around your header.

Comment

I just had to do it...

Click for bigger.

sigpic

Comment

Oh Eve! That's absolutely fabulous! If I can produce something half as good from your tut I will be a very happy GimPS

Egle, got an addiction to those pics now? Lovely wp

SeNedra without even starting my list, I'm expecting to have about 100 to start, because there are just soooooo many brilliant, beautiful pieces on there

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Egle, got an addiction to those pics now? Lovely wp
                          Oh, you can say that.

And look, what I found last night while going through SG folders.

I couldn't post it in Awards thread, bc it was made more than a year ago, before the Art thread.

There's a pic of dog tags I've seen being used in artwork, could someone post it, please? I'd like to use it, but have no idea where to look for it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            Jane Austen Header + tutorial:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ne-Austen3.jpg

Tutorial:
                            Made in PS CS3 - but it is translatable to PSP and Gimp

Spoiler:
                            1. Open new document and add this layer:

2. Add this layer, and put it on blending mode: soft light.

3. Layer > New adjustment layer > Color balance:
                            * Shadows: 0, 11, 0
                            * Midtones: -32, -26, 7
                            * Highlights: -21, 16, 0

4. Add your picture of Sam/Jack, and put the blending mode on Hard light.
                            (this step works the best with grey, black or white background)

5. Add this brush, underneath the layer of the picture or underneath the layer of the colour balance (I did underneath the colour balance)

6. Duplicate the picture and move it around, put the blending mode on Soft light, and opacity 40%

7. Add this texture, put the blending mode on screen:

8. Add your text, and put a stroke around your text. I used this font: http://www.dafont.com/jellyka-saint-andrews-queen.font

9. Merge down and add a stroke around your header.
                            I love it!

Again, does anyone have a pic of with a shocked expression and Sam with a disgusted one? I know the perfect quote.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Ohh, Egle, I love this one! It's so pretty in its simplicity. Just two images, and wonderfully chosen!

I've noticed on a lot of people's recent works, and it may just be my own failing eyeballs, that a lot of the text isn't easily readable. I don't know if its the font chosen or the size of it.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Thanks Oma I understand now, it was how many -overall and per category - and whether we could nominate our own artwork I was confused about..
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X