The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jane Austin quotes: http://thinkexist.com/quotes/jane_austen/
    Loads of them For people who are like me and don't wanna use the obvious lol

Comment

........and for people like me who don't even know the obvious and refuse to read the books Thanks Eve

Comment

My first Jane Austin sig + tutorial.

Tutorial:
        Made in PS CS3, but it is translatable to Gimp and PSP. Brushes and Textures and Font included

Spoiler:

1.Open new document, add this texture (no idea who it is from):

2. Put your picture of Sam in it. Set the blending mode on overlay.
        3. Duplicate layer and put the blending mode on soft light
        4. Erase when necessary around Sam's head
        5. Underneath the 2 layers of Sam, add this brush, in white:

6. Erase parts of the brush that are in Sam's face or where you don't like it.
        7. Merge down.
        8. Duplicate layer, desaturate, and flip horizontal.
        9. Hold Shift down while free transforming the picture and resizing it.
        11. Put a white border around this picture.
        12. Duplicate layer, put the blending mode on soft light. Opacity: 40
        13. Add this texture over it, blending mode screen:

14. Add your text, I used Jane Austen font: http://www.dafont.com/jane-austen.font
        15. Add a new layer, and put the blending mode on soft light. Put one of these brushes on it: http://LeeDeeYa.deviantart.com/art/S...wirls-26902722
        It's a PS brush but there are other splatter brushes for PSP and Gimp
        16. Merge down
        17. Duplicate layer, put it on soft light.
        18. Add a black border around the soft light layer
        19. You are done...

Comment

That's beautiful Eve, and thanks for the tut

Um, was a tut part of the challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            That's beautiful Eve, and thanks for the tut

Um, was a tut part of the challenge?
            We decided that some of us, included me, missed seeing tuts and stuff like that. And I was really sad that this thread wasn't about learning that much anymore but more about posting artwork that with the challenges now we post a tut...if we feel like it or can do it.
            So it is prefered to add a tut with what you make...

Comment

Thanks Eve i love tuts you did the same quote as i did
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                We decided that some of us, included me, missed seeing tuts and stuff like that. And I was really sad that this thread wasn't about learning that much anymore but more about posting artwork that with the challenges now we post a tut...if we feel like it or can do it.
                So it is prefered to add a tut with what you make...
                Oh, I must haved missed that I must admit I do like to see the tuts, I'm still learning loads of new things from the GimPS It was good when we used to tag people for tuts

Comment

Made this! God, I really wish that I could put it on the awards thread!
                  ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    Oh, I must haved missed that I must admit I do like to see the tuts, I'm still learning loads of new things from the GimPS It was good when we used to tag people for tuts
                    Well see...You can tag people to ask for tuts if you want...that is what Jas did with me yesterday. obviously on a sig I made ages ago and I didn't know anymore how to do it lol

But if you feel like tagging someone for a tut...just do it!!!

Comment

Ok, I'll say Eve said I could

I think what happened was that it dropped off a bit in the summer, picked up again a bit and then dropped off towards Christmas because people were busy with RL. And yes I think the Challenge also kept us busy. Of course, when the thread first started we were tagging each other constantly because none of use knew much of anything back then and there was so much to learn from each other. Still, I do think it's a good idea to start again, because I'm still seeing lots of things I don't know how to do

Also, adding the tut to the challenge will be a great way of doing it. On that subject, for my 'Half the World' sig I followed Jann's tut, so I'll give the link to that so I don't have to try to explain it

Jann's Split sig tut

Comment

i made a wallie today and i'm still working in the tut that i said yesterday ...

sigpic

Comment

My first challenge sig! I know it's not strictly S/J, but the pic is so cute and I love the quote!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                            i made a wallie today and i'm still working in the tut that i said yesterday ...

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/RachelCristiany/Stargate%20Stuff/Wallpapers/th_limits.jpg
                            That's really nice Rachel. The pic of Sam is so clear and bright, and I love the background

Comment

Another sig for the challenge...

Comment

Jane Austen Wallpaper + tutorial:

Click for bigger, looks better then for sure...Like this it looks horrible!

Tutorial

Made in PS CS3 - uses selective colouring, so not really translatable (unless you do it with other kind of colours)
                                Spoiler:

1. Open a new document, and add this texture (nicely snurched fom DJgirl):

2. Layer > New Adjustment layer > Selective colouring:
                                * yellow: 41, -6, -9, 0
                                * white: 0, 0, -3, 0

3. Layer > New Adjustment layer > Color balance:
                                * Shadows: -32, 0, 26
                                * Midtones: 2, -47, 100

4. Add picture of Sam in the corner, blending mode: soft light

5. Add picture of Sam/Jack, desaturate and erase some of the part that touch the colour of the texture, to blend it in some.

6. Add lines to the wallpaper (hold shift for them to be straight). One was 3px, the other one 1px.

7. Add text, this is the font I used: http://www.dafont.com/desyrel.font?classt=alpha

8. Merge down and add a border around your wallpaper.

9. And you are done...

Comment

Working...
                                X