• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    aw thanks for the links Lies

And err my favourite font atm is

desyrel

And Lies, I haven't done a tutorial in ages I really sometimes miss it though but some tutorials are just sometimes too easy. Maybe we should do one with all the thread eh? Any intrest in it??
    Whole thread doing an tut...I like the idea...but it will be difficult coz one half uses PS other half uses GIMP...

And thanks for all the font links people...Makes Jann happy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
      Whole thread doing an tut...I like the idea...but it will be difficult coz one half uses PS other half uses GIMP...

And thanks for all the font links people...Makes Jann happy
      well a lot of tutorials can be for both of them, and Jann it is only 4 of us using PS, so if we use a Gimp tutorial, I am sure we can translate it to PS, and we will help each other of course and then you can see how different it can be if you do make a tutorial. When i used to do tuts, I never sticked to it Also makes it much nicer to do tuts
      But tuts are fun for beginners to get started and learn new tricks

Comment

I'm in on a thread tut
        sigpic

Comment

The thread tutorial sounds good.

Cause I sure need it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            The thread tutorial sounds good.

Cause I sure need it.
            Me too. The more I see on here, the more I realise how little I know

Comment

I'm up for that too - I think I'm coming to the end of what I can figure out on my own and there's so much more to learn!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

well a lot of tutorials can be for both of them, and Jann it is only 4 of us using PS, so if we use a Gimp tutorial, I am sure we can translate it to PS, and we will help each other of course and then you can see how different it can be if you do make a tutorial. When i used to do tuts, I never sticked to it Also makes it much nicer to do tuts
                But tuts are fun for beginners to get started and learn new tricks
                Yep true true...I never stick with them as well I don't agree with tuts...you should see me shout at my computer...

That is why I;m in relation therapy with my computer*nods sadly*
                sigpic

Comment

With help from the thread, I've made 3 wallpapers (2 Sam/Jack) on my livejournal. I've already posted them at the SJ thread but I figured I'd link it here in case anyone missed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                    With help from the thread, I've made 3 wallpapers (2 Sam/Jack) on my livejournal. I've already posted them at the SJ thread but I figured I'd link it here in case anyone missed them.
                    Wow! Really nice, Krissie! One of these days, I'll get all ambitious and try a wallpaper...
                    sigpic

Comment

*waves* Hello all!

Ok, so I'm on the GIMPAGE bandwagon and have made a very basic sig. What I want to know is how to size it so it becomes the right size for a signature without stretching the images in the picture? This may be a dumb question but whilst I'm pretty set on making vids, I am a total newbie when it comes to artwork. Help is greatly appreciated.

But anyway...this is what I made. very verrrry basic

Comment

I don't wanna be a pain in the mik'ta but the link goes to luvnjack's post
                        sigpic

Comment

Sarai, I love that! Love the blue! And that's one of my favorite scenes between them! *shippy sigh*
                          sigpic

Comment

Yet another question for our Gimp gurus... For some reason, Gimp is automatically anchoring the floating layer when I add another layer. So I'll start off with a background, then paste in a picture which is layer 2. I edit it a bit, then paste in another layer, or add text... and all of a sudden, layer 2 is part of the background, which makes it completely uneditable. I don't think... no, I know it wasn't doing this last night. Why does Gimp hate me so???
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                              I like the sig Mary!

okay and since Eve requested this...

how to blend with photoshop(CS2)

I use my lasso tool for it...its in your tool box on the left side...for me its the second one from the top...on the left side...
                              Then you have in your window above it a line(balk) with also the word "feather" in it and a number behind it...you change that number to 5/10/15 depents on how much you want to blend...how higher the number how more it will blend but how more you loose of the picture...

Then you select with the tool the picture you want to save(then you click reverse selection) and hit the delete button and it will deletes the area that you dont want anymore. or you just select the area that you want to delete and press the delete button...then after deleting the part of the picture you dont want you click once...shortly on the picture and tada you are done...I hope! and you can blend...
                              oh it does requires some practise in the beginning...atleast it did for me

Does anyone know if you can do something like this in GIMP only with the free select tool instead of the lasso?

I haven't quite figured out how to do blending well yet.

Comment

I tried to use the intelligent select tool today, and well... it selected, but then I couldn't do anything. I think I skipped a step somewhere...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X