Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Since I'm too tired to MQ.

Great icons, sigs, banners and wps kids.

k8tyds- ITA with that sentiment. Just the text on the second sig is a little hard to read, cause it's yellow on white, but the other two are great.
    Thankyou. Im glad that you like them. I wasnt sure about the yellow writting on the second one either.

Is this better?

And just plain:

Thankyou to Jann who made my signature

Comment

*sneaks in hoping looonnnggg absence wasn't noticed...*

How's everyone doing today?! Good? That's good...Me too...School...New job...(Yep, I'm officially getting prepared to be a teacher...Remind me never to become a college professor...I'm an aid to one, and I'm grading some of her papers...Just two of her classes...And I've got over 100 pages to grade!!!!! She teaches waaayyyy more classes than that!!!!!! Thank god I'm only going to teach elementary!!)

So I've been Gimping recently, and decided to do a "My Ships" sig. Of course, as soon as I finished, I thought of tons more that I ship, but I'm waaayyy to lazy to go add more. It wouldn't look pretty if I did either, so this is just some of what I ship...

I can't decided if I should try to add in the names of the couples...I don't think I can make them fit nicely, but people might not know who is in each pic, sense some of the pics are of kissing or hard to see...What do you all think?
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

How can so much lovely artwork be produced in just 12 hours? You guys amaze me, as ever!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Made another silly icon. Nothing to do with the challenge, and everything to with one man's love for his tools .

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...sspanner-1.jpg

EDIT: *sigh* I love Siler...
        ROFL! Love this

Been gimping away when I should be in bed and/or writing (had a burst of ficlet inspiration ). But still, found something I started working on ages ago and forgot all about.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...k/thestory.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm always open to suggestions.

I really want to try something like Jann's half and half diagonal sig, something I'm totally alien to but that's refreshing, you know?

*realises she's babbling to no one*

*whistles*
        Sarai that's gorgeous! I adore it! I love that grainy effect you do - how do you get that? Is it transparency and textures?

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
        Can anyone help me with gimp? I am trying the burn-in animation and I don't know what a foreground layer with a trancparency and a background layer means. Please help!
        I have no idea... Sorry

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
        Yeah...so. This is as good as it gets...sorry. I like this one better than the one I redid.

I really like this too, and it is an improvement on the first version I made an icon once that said Jack + Sam = Grace (but it was one of the first icons I ever tried to make and was really really bad so I junked it) - it's amazing how we all think so alike

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
        Whee! So it isn't really SJ, but this is what it turned into. So hey!

Snurchable
        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...mcartersig.jpg
        Very nice Lovely colouring!

Originally posted by k8tyds View Post
        Thankyou. Im glad that you like them. I wasnt sure about the yellow writting on the second one either.

Is this better?
        http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...fireworks4.jpg

And just plain:
        http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...fireworks5.jpg
        Hmmm, the purple is clearer than the yellow, but actually I think the black that you had on the other ones before was clearest of all, and works well because of the black sky on the fireworks pics. And I prefer the versions with writing over the plain one, I have to say - I really like that text!

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post

How's everyone doing today?! Good? That's good...Me too...School...New job...(Yep, I'm officially getting prepared to be a teacher...Remind me never to become a college professor...I'm an aid to one, and I'm grading some of her papers...Just two of her classes...And I've got over 100 pages to grade!!!!! She teaches waaayyyy more classes than that!!!!!! Thank god I'm only going to teach elementary!!)

So I've been Gimping recently, and decided to do a "My Ships" sig. Of course, as soon as I finished, I thought of tons more that I ship, but I'm waaayyy to lazy to go add more. It wouldn't look pretty if I did either, so this is just some of what I ship...
        http://www.clintonio.com/profile/Tru.../I_ship....jpg
        I can't decided if I should try to add in the names of the couples...I don't think I can make them fit nicely, but people might not know who is in each pic, sense some of the pics are of kissing or hard to see...What do you all think?
        It's pink, it must be Kim Welcome back! And lovely sig I really like the background in particular, and the 'I ship therefore I am' is a fabulous text I don't think you need the names of the couples, I think it would clutter it up and to be honest, if people don't know the shows then the names aren't going to make that much of a difference

Is that Ten/Martha?? That's just wrong, Ten/Rose all the way
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          I love the text. That is one of my favorite songs. I've used those lyrics as some of my background slanty text in my sigs. Great minds and all of theat... I have a S/J vid about 95% done to that song...just sitting on my hard drive...unfinished...for months and months...
          Thanks hun ! Yeah that song is beautiful, it's so...rarrggh but so angsty as well ! Have you seen this. It's S/J but also Daniel/Vala and is one of my favourite SG-1 vids. Hope you get yours finished soon, I'm looking forward to seeing it (I'll have the tissues ready).

(EDIT: I can't find the darn vid. Bear with me )

*waves* welcome back Kim! Glad to hear school is going well! That sig is great, I was thinking about doing something like that myself. RE the names, I think it would be better with the names in there, but only if you can get them in without crowding it. At the moment the balance between space and pics and text is perfect.

And by the way, I know we've discussed this before, but the Doctor and Martha

EDIT: great minds Josi

Doc/Rose all the way...

Comment

OMG! !

I really can't find that video on YT. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about? It's Sam/Jack Daniel/Vala to the music Brandi Carlisle: The Story and I think it's called Unending. It's an awesome video, for some reason I haven't saved it in my favourites

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              How can so much lovely artwork be produced in just 12 hours? You guys amaze me, as ever!

ROFL! Love this

Sarai that's gorgeous! I adore it! I love that grainy effect you do - how do you get that? Is it transparency and textures?
              Thanks Josi . Yeah its all about the transparency and textures! With this I made it all up, prepped each picture, positioned them how I wanted them, then added this is on a new layer:

Spoiler:

I flipped this and turned it black & white because I think b&w textures give a lot more depth to the whole sig. Then I played with the opacity slider on each layer, mainly on the background pic because I wanted to give the two foreground pics as much definition as possible. Et voila!

Comment

Cool, thought so I just really like the way you do it, will have to give it a go myself! Thanks
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Love the new artworks people...you guys are awesome!!!
                  I really want to try something like Jann's half and half diagonal sig, something I'm totally alien to but that's refreshing, you know?
                  Is that hint for me to make a tut??? But it's kinda hard to make I have to say...but once you have the idea it's cool
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes Jann, thats exactly what it is

I went over to Jo's house yesterday to mind the grandkids overnight while Jo and J went to a wedding. Once the little ones were in bed the older two (9 and 11) had me going through my laptop showing them all my Artwork I thought they'd lose interest pretty quick, but no, they were still up at 11pm They had me show them how Gimp works and I did some demos in PS as well. They both want to give it a try, so I may be giving lessons come October half term

They were fascinated by the S.H.I.P. stuff and started googling to find me more Hippy pics. Couple of next-generation HippyGimPS-in-the-Making methinks

Love all the Artwork posted while I was away And Sarai, love the Siler icon

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Love the new artworks people...you guys are awesome!!!

Is that hint for me to make a tut??? But it's kinda hard to make I have to say...but once you have the idea it's cool
                      *pops in*

Yes yes yes yes yes pleeeease!!!

*pops out*

Comment

Great new art guys

I've been doing little something too, with Rick and Amanda, but I have fever and my eyes are all blury so if something looks weird please let me know.

Last edited by jasminaGo; 31 August 2008, 07:44 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

So many great new stuff... you are awesome... Huh, Jann has told that already...

Jumbly, glad your grandkigs love Gimo. You shoul teach then hoe to do stuff in Gimp (you know, like in sport, as sooner as better) and then they will be the best in it (huh, my English sucks today)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                            Whee! So it isn't really SJ, but this is what it turned into. So hey!

Snurchable
                            http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...mcartersig.jpg
                            I love it. I love the rose in the corner.

You stole my idea. Just kidding, besides, yours is better. I have to fix mine before I use it since it didn't turn out like the My Heroes and the Women I Admire ones. I ship Jordan/Woody and Max/Liz too, but I couldn't find any icons for them to add. Oh and Bella and Edward of course.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

glad you guys liked the icon, fart jokes = always a winner

This is beautiful Aveo *sniff* Paradise Lost is a great ep.

Might I suggest lightening the pic of Sam on the left a little? Not too much coz you don't want to detract from the angst but still it might balance up both sides better, and give that side a little more detail?

Josi told me a good way to lighten pics, I think from one of Jann's tuts. You duplicate the layers of the single pic twice, then set one to 'overlay' and one to 'screen' and then drag the opacity slider to get the right effect. Save that as a .jpg and re-open to work with in the sig.

That's if you're using Gimp...I forget who is and who isn't
                              I'm using PSP, by lighten do you mean more transparent or with a white layer? I'm really not up on technical-y stuff, I look around PSP and go "oo look at that!" then I try and find out what it's all supposed to mean!
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Great new art guys

I've been doing little something too, with Rick and Amanda, but I have fever and my eyes are all blury so if something looks weird please let me know.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/wallpaper/th_511.jpg
                                Huh! When you can do a wp that good with blurry eyes, what hope is there for the rest of us? Its gorgeous, don't those two look just fantastic together

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                                So many great new stuff... you are awesome... Huh, Jann has told that already...

Jumbly, glad your grandkigs love Gimo. You shoul teach then hoe to do stuff in Gimp (you know, like in sport, as sooner as better) and then they will be the best in it (huh, my English sucks today)
                                I'll do my best

Thats so true! The boys were impressed with the fact that I can type really fast whilst holding a conversation with them and not looking what I'm doing! I told them, you make sure you learn to type properly while you're young, that way the keyboard will be your friend instead of a frustrating enemy

Comment

Working...
                                X