No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately that pic shows ,but it's over 368 KB so way over the 100KB max per image/gif for GW.

That *might* be why the attachment didn't work via Imageshack.It didn't compress the size/pixels.

Hope you don't mind,but I saved the big pic to my comp hard drive so I can try it now as a GW attachment...

fishalone Testing the GW attachment.jpg

Shows for me ( Click to check.)

Nola and others know more about Imageshack than I do,so maybe they give you a tut on how to resize pics from there -> GW?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I officially suck. How is my original post looking now? I resized it on my comp before uploading to GW.
      The password is fishing...

Comment

Looking good! link : here

You officially do NOT suck,lol!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I'm loving all of these!!

...and you do not suck...
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Okay, so I may have... interpreted the rules a bit. See, it was declared that it must be a picture of Sam OR a picture of Jack, but NOT both.

But what about *many* pictures of Sam, and no Jack?

hlndncr will have to deliver a ruling on this one, methinks.

Regardless of the decision, I'm kinda in love with this one. It's my favorite of mine so far...

Comment

Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

...and you do not suck...
                  Thanks! But when it comes to me and computers, well...

I did enjoy making the artwork though... I googled "girl fishing" and when I saw that picture I was like "That's little Grace!"

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    Okay, so I may have... interpreted the rules a bit. See, it was declared that it must be a picture of Sam OR a picture of Jack, but NOT both.

But what about *many* pictures of Sam, and no Jack?

hlndncr will have to deliver a ruling on this one, methinks.

Regardless of the decision, I'm kinda in love with this one. It's my favorite of mine so far...

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/selene0789/Valenship/Valenship4_zps4c455f3d.jpg[IMG]
                    Hmmm...reminds me of the episode where there are 18 Sams...
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Hmmm...reminds me of the episode where there are 18 Sams...
                      Bwahahah! I was wondering if anyone was going to mention that!! You just made my day. Thanks.

Comment

Here's my entry. Nothing so poetic like Nolamom's though.

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...psfb96323d.jpg
                          Oh Ikorni, it's just gorgeous! You have so much talent! Do you use photoshop? I tried it once and ran away scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                            Oh Ikorni, it's just gorgeous! You have so much talent! Do you use photoshop? I tried it once and ran away scared.
                            Glad you liked it! But I can't take credit for it. It's a tutorial that I followed, with many modifications! And yes, I only know Photoshop and...pretty much nothing else when it comes to graphics.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Glad you liked it! But I can't take credit for it. It's a tutorial that I followed, with many modifications! And yes, I only know Photoshop and...pretty much nothing else when it comes to graphics.
                              I must make a resolution to figure out photoshop before I die. I'm so envious when I see stuff so beautiful! I just use paint.net, which has your basic stuff. One day though... Photoshop.

Comment

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...psfb96323d.jpg
                                I love this. virtual green
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X