The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

You're geting PS very quickly, jumble. That's briliant.
    Thanks! Couldn't have done it without you

Great wp, I'm looking foward to the tut. And those water gifs are very addictive.
    They certainly are
    Originally posted by Fainne View Post
    hail to Queen Oma

ah cool, thanks now I'm in the know
    You're welcome We sort of lost the continuity with the tuts because Ship Day kept us all busy, so its nice to see it getting back on track

Good to see you showing proper respect Although at present I'm bowing to Queen Jasmina, she's helped me so much with PS

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

You're welcome We sort of lost the continuity with the tuts because Ship Day kept us all busy, so its nice to see it getting back on track

Good to see you showing proper respect Although at present I'm bowing to Queen Jasmina, she's helped me so much with PS
      really good to know. thanks.

there are two Queens? *squeeee*

Comment

I didn't know about tags either but Oma said it's my turn now (or did I get something wrong?) - anyhow, i'd really love to know how you made it
        But you have to give me time, OK? I've never made a tut before. Oh, and I have some Pattern Stamps I've made myself, how to share them?
        Last edited by Egle01; 07 August 2008, 01:54 AM. Reason: Typo.
        sigpic

Comment

Hehe Queen Jasmina, I like the sound of that.

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          But you have to give me time, OK? I've never made a tut before. Oh, and I have made some Pattern Stamps I've made myself, how to share them?
          Open a profile on deviantArt.com, or if you don't want them to be that public just upload them on http://www.4shared.com/, I think it's a free site.
          sigpic

Comment

But you have to give me time, OK? I've never made a tut before. Oh, and I have made some Pattern Stamps I've made myself, how to share them?
            of cours, just take your time

Comment

But you have to give me time, OK? I've never made a tut before. Oh, and I have some Pattern Stamps I've made myself, how to share them?
              Whenever you're ready Egle, no rush

Hehe Queen Jasmina, I like the sound of that.
              Open a profile on deviantArt.com, or if you don't want them to be that public just upload them on http://www.4shared.com/, I think it's a free site.
              *bows* I think you just proved my point

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                does anyone know where I can get some good PSP brushes?? I've misplaced my GimPing mojo and thought if I had some brushes to play with...
                (of course now I'm going on holiday at the weekend so won't have time again)
                I don't know, but Fainne said she can make PSP brushes, so might be able to tell you - I sent her a jpg of all Jasmina's Stargate brushes for her to convert.

Hope your mojo comes back soon

And to everyone for the latest lot of beautiful artwork I can't wait for Egle's tut on that wallpaper
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  I don't know, but Fainne said she can make PSP brushes, so might be able to tell you - I sent her a jpg of all Jasmina's Stargate brushes for her to convert.

Hope your mojo comes back soon

And to everyone for the latest lot of beautiful artwork I can't wait for Egle's tut on that wallpaper
                  thanks Twin, I'll smile sweetly at Fainne then
                  sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                    *sneaks in*

Hi guys, doesn't anyone know how to convert itunes songs (in MPEG-4 format) to mp3 or other audio file? Thanks

EDIT: Found an MP3 version, but would still like to know, if there's a way...
                    Hey Claudia , you have to download a conversion program. You can download free trials but they will leave a watermark on the song you convert (i.e. every 30 seconds it will pipe up with the name of the program!). They aren't that expensive to buy online and download, around £10 ($20), and then you get the full range of options.

Let us know how you get on !!

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                    I seem to be on a Gimp role today...And *gasp* it's NOT pink!!!
                    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...imped/MOP9.jpg
                    Well, not just pink. It's got some green/blue shade going on too...
                    That's awesome Kim!! I really like the contrast of pink and green, you don't really think that will work and yet it does, very well!

Here it is, folks. My very first and quite possibly last attempt to make a wallie. Be merciful.

Um, the upper right corner is the way it is to leave suitable background for Rainlendar.

Plus another gif with reflection. Love them so much.

And amazing artwork, ppl!
                    Egle that's a fantastic wp!! I'd love to know how its made, hint hint

And, awesome gif!! I'm in awe of your gifs and manips Egle, maybe a little tut there too?? Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      wooops, sorry, I totally missed this post. thank you.

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                      does anyone know where I can get some good PSP brushes?? I've misplaced my GimPing mojo and thought if I had some brushes to play with...
                      (of course now I'm going on holiday at the weekend so won't have time again)
                      hey! I've got several links for you to search through there are a lot of good brushes on http://www.deviantart.com/ . just search for PSP brushes. then there are:
                      http://celestial-star.net/psp-brushes/
                      http://bluewaterfall.bl.funpic.de/PS...P-Brushes.html
                      http://dawgwebdesignstx.tripod.com/PSPBrushes.htm

but most of my brushes I found on Deviant Art. If you want to make your own brushes from a jpg here's a little tut for you
                      Spoiler:

open the picture. attention: it must be b/w to gain a brush that's really covering. mark the white with the magic wand, use the rubber to erase the white

mark the brush you want to have with the selective tool. select the brush tool and click there (just follow the arrows)

give it a name et voila there you have the brush.

I hope this helps you a bit

Comment

It's a pattern I made ages ago, but I don't remember how. Are they saved in some kind of folder, where I can look for them?

OK, here goes nothin'.

First - I used two pictures - this one as a background and this.
                        Background image's effect - Layer > Layer Style > Bevel and Emboss > Texture. Scale and Depth both 100. I had some brick pattern. (Don't know how to show it. )
                        Main image's effect - The same way as background, only other pattern.
                        As you can see the picture is tilted. Press Crtl T for transform. On the left and upper right used this pattern:
                        Spoiler:

Blending Change is Screen and on 100%. On the next layer used patterns, that made tiny stripes and diagonals on the right.
                        Spoiler:
                        Next layer had the flower pattern on it.
                        Spoiler:
                        For that I took the second pattern from here
                        Spoiler:

and went Edit > Define Brush. Opacity 100%, Flow 50%. Brush size 396. No need to drag the brush or anything. Just one push. Everything else is text. For the one on the left corner, used font Desyrel, size 18, adjusted with Crtl T and under Layer Style - Drop Shadow and Satin. Left options as they were.
                        Spoiler:
                        For the hearts used font KR Heartalicious. Adjusted both with Crtl T, bigger one's Opacity is 30%, smaller one's 80%. Writing text used Desyrel, size 18, Satin (no Satin with xxx).
                        Spoiler:
                        And a little Made by Egle on the left.

I think that's it. Will try to find a way to show patterns. Is the tut understandable? I know I'm a crappy at explaining stuff. Now if you'll excuse me, one dog has been waiting for ages to get outside.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                          And, awesome gif!! I'm in awe of your gifs and manips Egle, maybe a little tut there too?? Hehe.
                          Aww, thank you. Tut for watery gifs is here and I posted how I made a manip couple of pages ago. You use Gimp or PS?
                          sigpic

Comment

*stares at the background pic* OMG it IS Jack at the photo Sam packs in her backs I wasn't sure because it was to fast for me to realize xD YAY sooo beautiful. WE NEED CONFIRMATION!!!

thank you for the tut. need to try it too - hope it also works on PSP

Comment

thank you for the tut. need to try it too - hope it also works on PSP
                              If you're gonna make it, could you make me a version with a little free room on the upper right corner, please. I started messing with it only bc I couldn't put the cap as a wallpaper, the calender covered Jack's picture. It being the whole point of the cap and all.

I'll try to get the patterns now.
                              sigpic

Comment

The pattern I used on the cap:
                                Spoiler:

and the brick one:
                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X