The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    And pleeeeeze don't anyone let Jann say she doesn't have a style! I can recognise her work a mile away
    Yes, now Jann does have a style, and if someone else is using her sigs, you don't have to read the credit, you know it's hers.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Jasmina I love it!! The pictures look fantastic together and the text is so simple and effective.

I'm wrestling with myself here because part of me thinks it could maybe do with a bit more texture, like a few faint brushes here and there.

But then the other half says keep it like it is.

Not much help at all really...

I know what you guys mean. When I come on this thread and see what people have done I always feel my stuff looks amateur and, well, pretty rubbish. Especially when people are talking about layers and plug-ins and all sorts. I get confused . But then I guess thats what all creative people think.
      I like the new WP too Jasmina... but it's not about if I like it or not. LOL

And um.... Yeah to the bolded part above.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      <snip>
      As for all the techie type stuff, I think sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the fact that you're making something to look good, and it doesn't really matter how you did it. There's no point using loads of complicated effects if it doesn't end up looking right, whereas sometimes just keeping it really simple can look great. Conversely of course complicated things can also make things look great! It's about doing what's right for the artwork you are doing at the time IMO. Something I've been telling myself over and over as I've started to explore beyond the very basics - great to fiddle and learn new things, but only use what's appropriate, regardless of how 'basic' or 'complicated' it is.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      It's so funny how we're all saying the exact same thing - we can't see our own styles even though everyone else can (and I can't see mine either ), and we never think our stuff looks as good as everyone elses! At least we're all in the same boat
      Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
      Hehe, I think it's natural. You never like your own thing a lot.

And style? All hands will stay down I suppose
      I have a style! It's called....very bad and bad.

At least with you guys here, and all the help that you all are willing to share....

Just thanks guys! Really really Thanks!
      Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
      You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

ROFL!!!!

Listen to us

I think we're all completely brilliant

Go GimPS!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Thats pretty much what I was trying to say. Its like when you make a post and someone else comes along and says pretty much the same, but in a much more coherent way
          Lol, happens to me all the time

Its like, do you think you have an accent? Everyone else does, but I don't
          Hehe, so true

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post

At least with you guys here, and all the help that you all are willing to share....

Aww Mada, your stuff isn't bad! Don't be daft! You're just learning As are we all And we're all learning from each other
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Kitten, this one I just learned from Jasmina's death knell tut...try using the Unsharp Mask (Filters>Enhance>Unsharp Mask). Play around with the sliders and see what happens. I think it'll work like the blur/sharpen tool Jann describes.

You could also try using a screen layer to brighten it up a bit. When you've finished getting the definition right, do Ctrl+Shift+C, then Ctrl+V to copy the whole pic into a new layer, then set it as Screen instead of Normal. I hope that translates OK into Russian!
            I think i understand what you mean. Thanks for a little tut, Oma!

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post

The same goes for mine

Great new wallie, Jasmina! I don't know why you dissatisfied of it. It's perfect!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow guys love all the new stuff you've all made!!
              *fingers crossed* I'll have some time on Wednesday to play

I think we all have a style, I can recognise most sigs and WPs from this thread, sometimes the style might change slightly, or someone might try a new technique, but you can usually tell who's work it is

((((GimPS))))
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Here's my new tweaked sig for Aurora. You guys were right. A smaller border is better for this. I think I like this one. Probaly going to send it off to her tonight.

And about styles...Sometimes I can recognize all of your styles, but other times I can't. And, unless it just "pink, blue, and very simple", I don't really think I have a style either, lol.
                sigpic
                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                  Here's my new tweaked sig for Aurora. You guys were right. A smaller border is better for this. I think I like this one. Probaly going to send it off to her tonight.
                  http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4.../Aurora2-1.jpg

And about styles...Sometimes I can recognize all of your styles, but other times I can't. And, unless it just "pink, blue, and very simple", I don't really think I have a style either, lol.
                  It does look better with a smaller border.

And there is nothing wrong with blue and simple. (notice how I didn't mention pink ).
                  sigpic

Comment

*raises hand* I have a style! I'm most comfortable with my scratchy, grungy look. I've done glowy, fluffy things, and they've turned out well, but I'm most happy with the dark, scratchy, grungy (and dare I say it?), angsty look! I guess I'm not sure I have a style everyone else can recognize, like Jann, but I'm settling into a style I'm most comfortable creating.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                      Wow guys love all the new stuff you've all made!!
                      *fingers crossed* I'll have some time on Wednesday to play

I think we all have a style, I can recognise most sigs and WPs from this thread, sometimes the style might change slightly, or someone might try a new technique, but you can usually tell who's work it is

((((GimPS))))
                      See, I was right

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4.../Aurora2-1.jpg

That's made such a difference! Its beautiful, and just your style

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      *raises hand* I have a style! I'm most comfortable with my scratchy, grungy look. I've done glowy, fluffy things, and they've turned out well, but I'm most happy with the dark, scratchy, grungy (and dare I say it?), angsty look! I guess I'm not sure I have a style everyone else can recognize, like Jann, but I'm settling into a style I'm most comfortable creating.
                      I recognize your sigs instantly And I think that proves what I said earlier, you can only be happy with something if it fits with what you like best

Comment

Yeah, luvnjack, you have a style that's true and very good.

Jumble, I think I would recognize your sigs too
                        A lot of colours, great text. And usually funny

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

You sure do! I love your style! I love the grunge and dark scratchy stuff, but the best bit is the ANGST! My fave of all your stuff is the Despair one.

I have absolutely no idea how you acheive the look.

In fact, who votes for a luvnjack tut next?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, luvnjack, you have a style that's true and very good.

Jumble, I think I would recognize your sigs too
                            A lot of colours, great text. And usually funny
                            *bows* Yep, thats me

You sure do! I love your style! I love the grunge and dark scratchy stuff, but the best bit is the ANGST! My fave of all your stuff is the Despair one.

*puts hand up* Yes please

Comment

Me, me! Cause I have no idea how to achieve that. Please?

Comment

Me, me! Cause I have no idea how to achieve that. Please?
                                Me too!

Because I'm turning fluffy.... Egads! Someone help me!
                                Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                                You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X