The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    The standard is 800x600, but they don't look good on wide screen monitors, cause they strech, so you can use 1024x768, or go crazy like me and do 1280x800.
    YEA! Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Could you or someone post instructions on how to make gifs? I'd love to but don't know how!
      I used PS and ImageReady, and it's surprisingly easy. But for those who don't have PS, I think Bev gave the link for a converter that can make gif images, it's on the first page.
      sigpic

Comment

I used PS and ImageReady, and it's surprisingly easy. But for those who don't have PS, I think Bev gave the link for a converter that can make gif images, it's on the first page.
        Ah OK, cool, will check it out
        Thanks!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

What do you need?
          Originally posted by josiane View Post

Could you or someone post instructions on how to make gifs? I'd love to but don't know how!

I don't use PS, but isn't the brush just the outline? It is in gimp. Or do you want even just the outline of the brush without the inside lines?
          Well...someone posted the picture of the little penguin which I saved to my computer. It has a white background...which I can get rid of. But how do you make the part inside the lines transparent? And...er...don't know anything about brushes....*is stoopid*....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
            Well...someone posted the picture of the little penguin which I saved to my computer. It has a white background...which I can get rid of. But how do you make the part inside the lines transparent? And...er...don't know anything about brushes....*is stoopid*....
            Ah, OK, that explains it. If you want it transparent then you probably will need to use the brush - here's the link to the PS version. Download those and add them to your PS (fraid I don't know how to do it in PS, but in gimp you just copy and paste the files into the brushes folder (go through my computer > program files etc) - presumably the same kind of for PS? Then when you want to add it to your sig you just pick the brush using your brush tool (again I'm guessing here, based on gimp and assuming PS is kind of similar) and click on the image with the brush in the right place and ta-da!

Hope that helps - maybe a PSer could give better instructions on exactly how you add and use brushers in PS though
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              You download the brushes from josiane's link, open PS and then

Select the brush

Go to the arrow marked with red, then the one marked with blue

Load brushes, you select the thing you downloaded (might have to unzip first) and you're good to go.

Of course the bad side is that the brushes might not be compatible with your PS version.
              sigpic

Comment

I've gotten over my bitterness with Gimp... I might have something to show y'all later. Oh! And I finally figured out the lasso tool!! That'll make my life sooooo much easier, though I do need to refine my technique.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Josiane and Jasmina...I think it will work...at least I know the steps now....
                  sigpic

Comment

Lasso tool ROCKS!!! Here is my WP...I used the MOP signal!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...pwallpaper.jpg

Because I don't know how to do a thumbnail!

Comment

Look, look! I finally figured some different things out!

I do have a question... how come some things only work... sometimes? This sig went through about five zillion iterations (okay, slight exaggeration... five) because I couldn't get the star layer to overlay. It would just disappear when I set it to overlay instead of normal. I tried anchoring the layer first, I tried... oh, everything I could think of at least, and nothing helped. Is this just one of those "gimp goes weird sometimes; shut it down and start over" moment y'all were talking about last week?
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm really not trying to OD the thread on pink...

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                        Thought I'd try one of the new brushes out ......Jumble are you sitting down?

Spoiler:
                        HOTNESS WARNING!
                        Spoiler:
                        Holy smokes! Oma, you just sold me on brushes. Well, on this set anyway. I've never downloaded any, because... well, long story. I might go brush crazy now, especially if they all look like this.

The standard is 800x600, but they don't look good on wide screen monitors, cause they strech, so you can use 1024x768, or go crazy like me and do 1280x800.
                        On bigger monitors, the 1024x768 is standard. My resolution is set to 1280x800, but I prefer wallpapers that are 1024x768, because then I have two black strips on either side of the wallpaper where I can stash my icons without them covering up the pretty.

I asked in the thread, but I'll ask here too: Does anyone have the gorgeous pic of Jack staring out his window, looking all pensive? The bigger the better.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                          Lasso tool ROCKS!!! Here is my WP...I used the MOP signal!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...pwallpaper.jpg

Because I don't know how to do a thumbnail!
                          If you upload it to ImageShack it gets converted (or something!) automatically, so you can post it as a thumbnail on here But linking it the way you did is just as good.

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/chocolatequeen/Stargate/starsbanner.jpg

Wow, I've never been a 'pink' fan, but you two might just have converted me Beautiful work

I do have a question... how come some things only work... sometimes? This sig went through about five zillion iterations (okay, slight exaggeration... five) because I couldn't get the star layer to overlay. It would just disappear when I set it to overlay instead of normal. I tried anchoring the layer first, I tried... oh, everything I could think of at least, and nothing helped. Is this just one of those "gimp goes weird sometimes; shut it down and start over" moment y'all were talking about last week?
                          Sounds like it was having a PMS moment, lol! It does seem to do that a lot

I asked in the thread, but I'll ask here too: Does anyone have the gorgeous pic of Jack staring out his window, looking all pensive? The bigger the better.
                          I've got it on my other pc. Will post it later (if someone hasn't already beaten me to it!)
                          Last edited by Jumble; 02 May 2008, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Found it!! Sorry about the wait, trawling through that many pics of Jack is kinda distracting

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/chocolatequeen/Stargate/starsbanner.jpg

Okay...I have a question inside of Nancy's question. What is this anchoring the the first layer...will it not move after that? That would be awesome...oh and another question....What is this overlay of which you speak? I know...pathetic newbie....I just want to learn to do beautiful things like you guys!

Comment

Yay! Jumble is my hero of the day!

I'll let someone else explain both those things to you Brooke, because I suck at explaining.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X