The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
    If you want ImageRotate, click on my sig and it will take you there. I think its really easy, but if you need any help, just holler

I've never had to sign up for stuff or got any spamming. They do ask us to make a small donation, but its not mandatory. I donated £10 because I think its worth it.
    Yay! Thankyou very much. I think it's working now. It is deceptively easy isn't it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Yay! Thankyou very much. I think it's working now. It is deceptively easy isn't it !!
      WoooHooooo! Another sig rotator!

Yes it is

Comment

Oma!!! Those Jack brushes are just, just beyond words! Thank you so much for spending your time and effort on making them and giving them to us (((((((Oma)))))))

How do you make brushes? No don't tell me, I'm still trying to catch up on the other stuff I've filed from here Still, there's a three day wkend coming up, so I should have plenty of time to play

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          If anyone actually does this, can I see the results? Please?????

Okay, I followed your tutorial but substituted different pictures, text, colors, and brushes to get a similar effect. It's definitely not as pretty as yours, but I am still just learning.

Thank you so much for the info on the softglow effect. It is a really great filter to use.

I also employed the intelligent scissors select tool with feathering that someone suggested to get the renders. It worked really well and was so much easier than using the paths tool or the quick mask option.

Here's the result:

I think I might continue playing around with it. I'm not sure I really like the font, so I might change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
            Okay, I followed your tutorial but substituted different pictures, text, colors, and brushes to get a similar effect. It's definitely not as pretty as yours, but I am still just learning.

Thank you so much for the info on the softglow effect. It is a really great filter to use.

I also employed the intelligent scissors select tool with feathering that someone suggested to get the renders. It worked really well and was so much easier than using the paths tool or the quick mask option.

Here's the result:
            http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9071/2010sig1dk6.jpg

I think I might continue playing around with it. I'm not sure I really like the font, so I might change it.
            That's really lovely Melora! I particularly like the softglow effect. I'm looking forward to following Oma's tut this weekend, and if I can come up with something as good as this, I'll be very happy

Comment

Where do you think I've been!!!!!!!! *huffs at impatience of some people* *frowns*

Like I said, I don't know how useful they'll be, but they look pretty enough

The other thing is right now they're just for Gimp, until I figure out how to convert them to PS - if that's even possible

I started off just trying to do different shots of Jack's eyes, but I just don't have that many pics of him staring straight into the camera. (I'm sure Jumble could pick out some of her faves though for another set ) So I just used one pic and played.

I was also thinking about doing some S/J ones - like kisses, moebius and miab hands, grins.....

Now I just need a time-dilation device to make around 36 hours in a day
              OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG, Oma they're AWESOME!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((Oma)))))))))))))))))))))))))) you are the best

and I still can't green you, even though you sooo deserve it

BTW, Josiane, Jumble have you visited the Cloning Factory yet? It'd save a great many arguments!
              I can have my own Jack??
              *rushes off to place her order*

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
              Sorry Oma, just the idea of 'Jack Brushes' sent us haywire We appreciate anything you can give us
              This is one of my fave looks

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...k/devilish.jpg

And this

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ck/Jack001.jpg

and, um, this one
              http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...totheFire4.jpg

If you need anymore, you know who to call
              I wish I could give you 48 hours per day, but sadly I don't know how to do that either
              Really appreciate your efforts, you're a Star

Please e-mail them to me, I don't have any suggestions how else you can do it, you know how useless I am with technical stuff

Thanks, I'm off there now
              And, as if Jack brushes and a Jack clone wasn't excitement enough, now we have thunkage!

I think this calls for a huge honkin' SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

Thought I'd try one of the new brushes out ......Jumble are you sitting down?

Spoiler:
              *drools*
              and the thunkage just keeps on coming...

Here's the result:

Wow, that's really lovely!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay...I'm admitedly pathetic...I want to put the MOP logo on my sig but only want the outline...can anyone who uses PS help me? *looks pleadingly*
                sigpic

Comment

Here's the result:

Melora, that is so beautiful! I love the softglow effect - especially on good face shots of Sam As long as there's some lighting in the pic, the softglow amplifies and softens it at the same time, its really clever

I think you've done a great job with the cutouts ...um...if you wouldn't mind giving me some instructions on how to use the intelligent select tool, that'd be good Me & CQ still haven't figured that one out!
                  sigpic

Comment

This question of about vids:

We're hoping to have several videos for MOP (see the Ship Family Thread for details), but I'm not sure of the best way to get the vids onto the web site. I guess I can five the vid-makers the password to the site so they can upload their own vids...okay...that sounds good. Any other suggestions?

*hides in corner and tries to be invisible, feeling stupid*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                      Okay...I'm admitedly pathetic...I want to put the MOP logo on my sig but only want the outline...can anyone who uses PS help me? *looks pleadingly*
                      What do you need?
                      sigpic

Comment

Melora, that is so beautiful! I love the softglow effect - especially on good face shots of Sam As long as there's some lighting in the pic, the softglow amplifies and softens it at the same time, its really clever

I think you've done a great job with the cutouts ...um...if you wouldn't mind giving me some instructions on how to use the intelligent select tool, that'd be good Me & CQ still haven't figured that one out!

Thank you for the awesome tutorial, Oma! You did a very good job on it.

The intelligent select tool is a little tricky, but I found that I don't have a steady enough hand to use the lasso tool well yet. If you've ever used the paths tool, the scissors tool is sort of like that but a little less complicated. Unfortunately, it is also a lot less precise than the paths or lasso tools. But I found the feathering covers up most of the rough edges.

You click once on or just outside of the outline of the object you are cutting out and then move your mouse up a centimeter or two and click on the outline of the object again. The tool will automatically find the outline of the object and trace around it. Just keep clicking on the outline of the image every couple of centimeters until you have gone all the way around the image and back to the first dot (anchor) you put down. Do not click on the center of the image until you have gone all the way around the image. When you have the whole image outlined, you click in the center of the image and it will show the selection. You can then copy and paste into a new image.

Here is a good tutorial on using it: Intelligent Select Tool Instructions

Hope this helps. The lasso and paths tool do just as good of a job, if not better. I just found this to be quicker and easier.

Comment

I wish I could help, Susannah! But I am just as pathetic...Ummm...and I have a question for you guys too...it's a dumb one...but I really do need the answer How big is a background (wall paper)usually? It will be my first MOP piece!
                          Last edited by JackandSamAddict; 01 May 2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Jumps up and down like a crazy person *well I am crazy, but that's not the point* I made my first gif

I know it's not much, but it's my first try and I only used 5 pics.
                            Last edited by jasminaGo; 01 May 2008, 12:34 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                              I wish I could help, Susannah! But I am just as pathetic...Ummm...and I have a question for you guys too...it's a dumb one...but I really do need the answer How big is a background (wall paper)usually? It will be my first MOP piece!
                              The standard is 800x600, but they don't look good on wide screen monitors, cause they strech, so you can use 1024x768, or go crazy like me and do 1280x800.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Jumps up and down like a crazy person *well I am crazy, but that's not the point* I made my first gif

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...Untitled-1.gif

I know it's not much, but it's my first try and I only used 5 pics.

Could you or someone post instructions on how to make gifs? I'd love to but don't know how!

I don't use PS, but isn't the brush just the outline? It is in gimp. Or do you want even just the outline of the brush without the inside lines?
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X