The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
    The result of not resting while I recover from laryngytis and a bad cold...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o.../confusion.jpg

<lazy snip>

HUGE thanks to Jumble and Josiane for giving me another means of getting some of Jasmina's great textures. *squishy hugs*
    Wow! I LOVE it! Well done!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      Wow! I LOVE it! Well done!
      Aww. Thanks. I still feel like such a newb doing icons.
      *squishy hugs LJ from behind a surgical mask and gloves*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
        Aww. Thanks. I still feel like such a newb doing icons.
        *squishy hugs LJ from behind a surgical mask and gloves*
        Maybe I'll try some more icons tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed!
        sigpic

Comment

Hi all

I haven't been here for... well ages Busy RL and really no Stargate inspiration It was impossible to go through all the pages so I checked just a few last and saw only great artwork there I think I will go to look what the new challenge is, maybe I will be able to get into my SG artworking again.

RL OT
          Spoiler:
          I got a new job about month ago, after I left (or partly was left ) my previous one. And right now I am, ehm, a high school teacher No kidding, although it may sound as a joke I am teaching computer relating subjects and I think I really like the job, much more than the previous one. I would just never said I would be able do something like this

Comment

*waves at SeNedra* That's great news!

Sunning MM work Achaja The b&w really works for her.

Cool icons Kitty!

Love the tut Estrela.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Jasmina, Congrats on Sanctuary Rumble...Any chance you can write a tutorial for that icon. I loved it

Here was my entry:

Comment

Thanks Eve. And sure, I have PS open anyway, the tut should be done in a few minutes.

btw I love the coloring on your icon. I can never get that shade of blue.
                sigpic

Comment

My entry for Sanctuary rumble

The tut

Spoiler:

1. I started of with black background. Took this cap from Helen and Ashley and I cut them out, then hid the background with layer masks.

2. To add contrast to the image

New Adjustment Layer -> Levels
                  17; 1.08; 180

3. set to Lighten

4. New Adjustment Layer -> Selective color
                  reds: -35; 43; 13; 0
                  yellows: 0; -81; -59; 0
                  blacks: 0; 9; 11; -8

This will give the brownish tone on the icon without making the faces too yellow or too red.

5. New Adjustment Layer -> Brightness / Contrast
                  0; 23

6. set to Lighten, opacity 30%

7. Wrote 'Shall we?' in Liorah font.

And that's it.
                  Last edited by jasminaGo; 28 October 2009, 08:26 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    Thanks Eve. And sure, I have PS open anyway, the tut should be done in a few minutes.

btw I love the coloring on your icon. I can never get that shade of blue.
                    aw thanks

Oh and btw if you wanna achieve that colouring, it's the same one on this tutorial: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=24533

It might just have more screen layers or so And it help having a picture that starts of with blue colours...

Comment

*fangurls icons*
                      *thunks Jack header*
                      *awwwws at s/j header*
                      *MCDREAMY!!!!*
                      *passes out from thunk overload*

Wow!! Awesome work GimPS! We're on a real icon kick this week The tuts and PSDs for the challenge icons are fab Can't wait to have a go myself!!

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Although I have to make a medieval dress for Hannah by Sat afternoon, so we'll see how it goes!

Can everyone make sure when you send in your challenge entries, you include the link for either the tut post or PSD, thanks!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous icons Estrela, Eve and Jas And thanks for the tuts

*waves to SeNedra* Good to see you
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Congrats Jas!

Awesome work guys! To many to quote directly.

My icon for Sanctuaryrumble

And two icons I made for a_loquita using the picture that she let me turn into textures

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Everytime I see 'rumble' I read it as 'jumble' and get very very confused

Comment

Gorgeous work Amanda. I love that second autumn icon.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                now where is jumble

Spoiler:

rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble
                                rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble
                                rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble jumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble rumble

Yes there is a jumble in it

Comment

Working...
                                X