No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm seriously waiting for a challenge that states categorically "No Martin", for that wood indeed be a challenge

Comment

An episode of the week sig:

And a few icons to go with it:

This iconing thing is really rather addictive... I've made a whole load more WW ones too tonight
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I know this isn't really the place, but since everyone's been talking about LJ lately, I thought I'd post my LJ on here for anyone that wants to add me that hasn't already.

Awesome artwork everyone!!!
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Thank you all for the heartfelt hugs and the heads up. Artworks are gone but as Seahen said to me: maybe an excuse to make more

So here's my really really amature first attempt at Gimp. And I listened to Oma about the edges and read through the very first tuts. (((jumble)))

This one is for you guys, the Sam/Jack Family:

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            I'm seriously waiting for a challenge that states categorically "No Martin", for that wood indeed be a challenge
            Hee hee, there's a mean idea!

I had to double check that it was your post when I saw the Martin-less SJ sig. Lovely work though! :3

Also... random new sig! I found a sparks texture thingy, and wanted to put it to use...

Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Lara - That's very cute, I love it!
              hbt123 - I'm loving the 'sparks texture thingy' Also love the lighting in your sig
              josiane - Nice work. I can't believe you are addicted to making icons, I cant even get started.
              jumble - I've done my head in trying to find some subliminal reference to The Martin in your sig It's very beautiful!! (sorry for the dig but I'm Australian it's in my nature)

Textures from my previous WP as requested
              Texture 1 - is from Intoxication Awesome site!!
              Texture 2 - is from Reflection Again ridiculously awesome site
              I also used some light stock images but have no idea where I got them from. I don't really want to post them without giving credit to the person who made them.
              Last edited by humanityspotential; 16 February 2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Josiane love the Seth artwork.

hbt123 love the sparks sig.
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  I was going through the Tut thread and stealing more textures () and I ended up with this

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...otoshop/86.jpg
                  Obviously you'll have to snurch more stuff. This is wonderful. I love the colors.

Estrela please don't change your challenge plans just because I've used a spider's web Yours wood be completely different I'm sure, and really the song does suggest the idea
                  Thanks Jumble. Yes, the song does suggest webs and mazes and other such tangling things doesn't it? Glad I managed to keep that PG.
                  Not sure I'll have time this week for the challenge but it's nice to know I don't have to trash my initial idea if I do get around to it.

Originally posted by josiane View Post

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...aildorothy.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m.../jackseth2.jpg

This iconing thing is really rather addictive... I've made a whole load more WW ones too tonight
                  Nice sig! Love the font. And I'm getting seriously jealous of all the icon making around here. By the way, the last one is definitely my favorite. Besides being a great Jack pic, you've managed to make it so nice and bright and clear.

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                  Thank you all for the heartfelt hugs and the heads up. Artworks are gone but as Seahen said to me: maybe an excuse to make more

So here's my really really amature first attempt at Gimp. And I listened to Oma about the edges and read through the very first tuts. (((jumble)))

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...ikeMe_Lara.jpg
                  That doesn't look too amateurish to me. You've blended the pics very well. And I'm so sorry you lost all of your artworks.

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                  Also... random new sig! I found a sparks texture thingy, and wanted to put it to use...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14.../sparkssig.jpg
                  Nice! I love this! And you've chosen the perfect pics to use your new texture with.
                  sigpic

Comment

My challenge WP (technically I think it's my second Challenge WP).
                    I wanted to keep it really simple so...it is

Comment

Beautiful wp So glad you found the tuts helpful

I had to double check that it was your post when I saw the Martin-less SJ sig. Lovely work though! :3

Oh lovely sparky texture Got a link?

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                      hbt123 - I'm loving the 'sparks texture thingy' Also love the lighting in your sig
                      josiane - Nice work. I can't believe you are addicted to making icons, I cant even get started.
                      jumble - I've done my head in trying to find some subliminal reference to The Martin in your sig It's very beautiful!! (sorry for the dig but I'm Australian it's in my nature)

Texture 1 - is from Intoxication Awesome site!!
                      I also used some light stock images but have no idea where I got them from. I don't really want to post them without giving credit to the person who made them.
                      Oh dig away, everyone else is Thanks for the textures

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                      Obviously you'll have to snurch more stuff. This is wonderful. I love the colors.

Thanks Jumble. Yes, the song does suggest webs and mazes and other such tangling things doesn't it? Glad I managed to keep that PG.
                      Not sure I'll have time this week for the challenge but it's nice to know I don't have to trash my initial idea if I do get around to it.
                      <snip> That's partly why we started the Sekkrit Challenge, so everyone wood use their first idea and not be put off by seeing someone else do something similar

HP Beautiful challenge wp I wish I could do 'simple'

Josiane Love the icons But I'm still not tempted

Comment

Though I temporarily suffered from the Woohood strain (caught from Jumble) it now seems that I have a full blown case of the debilitating Wallpaper strain of the disease we all suffer from: Fanartitis. I really wish I could catch the icon strain Josiane is suffering from

I was tired of all this romance business and decided to go back to my first love - His Royal Hotness

Comment

<lazy snip>
                          Love them

Very nice

I wanted to keep it really simple so...it is

https://"http://i573.photobucket.com...lltangled.jpg"
                          Great work. I love the shadows on those pics.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            *has got nothing to say*

Remember the time I was using pictures of Jack and his hands a lot? And I told you I was working on another banner with hand-thunk-ish pic. Well, here it is.

It's one of many versions, but it's the closest one to what I had imagined in my head. I'm pretty sure someone had made similar MOP postcard with the same picture of Jack. So, nothing original. : o: D
                            *goes all dreamy eyed*

There's just something about that picture.....*happy sigh*

I was thinking about using it for this week's challenge too Very definitely great minds

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                            :confused : Again?!? Maybe links will help? Let me know if you need one.
                            Yes please!!!

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                            *giggle* Great stuff : D

Made this Muse sig...

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v.../londonsig.jpg

This is the background...

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...ndongrunge.jpg

I'm really pleased with how this turned out : D
                            That's a really great background Lili BTW, I might not have immediately pegged that sig as being one of yours No butterflies, different text, different type of background.....great job

Um, mind if I snurch the background for something?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            Love the new avatar Jumble : D
                            Great sigs Lili. : )

I was going through the Tut thread and stealing more textures () and I ended up with this

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...otoshop/86.jpg
                            That's really beautiful Jas And I think I know which tut you nabbed those textures off

I'm seriously waiting for a challenge that states categorically [ B][ I]"No Martin"[/I][/B], for that wood indeed be a challenge ; ) : P
                            LOL, that could be arranged

<snipped for laziness>

This iconing thing is really rather addictive... I've made a whole load more WW ones too tonight :rolleyes :
                            Woah, fab sig and icons Josi The Hail Dorothy icon works brilliantly What font is that?

Love it Rose! I'd love a tut on this one

hbt123 - I'm loving the 'sparks texture thingy' : D Also love the lighting in your sig
                            jumble - I've done my head in trying to find some subliminal reference to The Martin in your sig : P It's very beautiful!! (sorry for the dig but I'm Australian it's in my nature)

Texture 1- is from Intoxication Awesome site!!
                            I also used some light stock images but have no idea where I got them from. I don't really want to post them without giving credit to the person who made them. : (
                            Thanks for the links to those sites, I've picked up some very interesting textures

I wanted to keep it really simple so...it is : )

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...tangledsml.jpg
                            Oooooh, I love it Don't forget to PM me your challenge entries

Though I temporarily suffered from the Woohood strain (caught from Jumble) it now seems that I have a full blown case of the debilitating Wallpaper strain of the disease we all suffer from: Fanartitis. I really wish I could catch the icon strain Josiane is suffering from : D

I was tired of all this romance business and decided to go back to my first love - His Royal Hotness

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...al/godssml.jpg
                            *thunks the All Knowing God*

That's my favourite Ba'al line of all time Possibly because it's when I realised how completely thunkable CS is and how much I love to hate Ba'al
                            sigpic

Comment

Though I temporarily suffered from the Woohood strain (caught from Jumble) it now seems that I have a full blown case of the debilitating Wallpaper strain of the disease we all suffer from: Fanartitis. I really wish I could catch the icon strain Josiane is suffering from

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/humanityspotential/godssml.jpg
                              Darn! I was hoping for some more Martin hotness from you before that Ba'al got his hooks back into you But I have to admit, that wp is hot

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              *goes all dreamy eyed*

There's just something about that picture.....*happy sigh*

I was thinking about using it for this week's challenge too Very definitely great minds
                              Aaaaah yes, used to be one of my faves...

<snip>

LOL, that could be arranged
                              *waits patiently*

Comment

For this challenge attempt I thought I'd bite the bullet and go for a wp. I swear it took me 4 times longer than if I'd done it as a sig

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X