The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
    Wow!! Beautiful work everyone!! I'd love to comment individually but I still can't multiquote and I just exhausted myself making the following tut (never again )

Ok. I decided to do something about the fact I'm really lazy and never do tuts(mainly coz half the time I don't know what I'm doing )

So I decided to make a quick simple wallpaper and do a tut on it.
    great tut but can't access the textures
    sigpic
    Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Congrats on 15000 posts, S/J art thread!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow! We are a very chatty bunch!

Some retro SG-1
        ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
          *hands over asprin and a mop* Those Reckoning pics have to just about be the best Jack arm candy.......sorry where was I
          Splashing around in the gutter with me? hee! Looks like I need to watch that episode again . . .

Talking about arms . . the man has been working out at least his upper body because when I saw him in Dec, those arms were real pretty . . .

My last wallpaper. I swear I have some kind of rabid infectious disease that's making me do all these WPs. I was orginally going to call this 'Nyah's Dungeon' but that was a little selfish, so when I recovered from that daydream I turned it into Lost Property - first in best dressed They've been sitting there for a while so may need to be washed

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/humanityspotential/lostsml.jpg[/URL]
          Oh, I sure hope it isn't your last WP! I'll take the lost property on the right please. Someone else can have the one on the left

I love the background for that!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Leiasky are you again in the gutter? Tsk tsk

Don't even try to insinuate you aren't right in here with me! And, and, it's not my fault! It's Jack's! For looking so damn hot.

LiliJ, I love the sig. The purple is beautiful and I like the filmstrip through it. Of course, the images you CHOSE to go in there couldn't get much better
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

*giggle* Yeah, Grace rules

Some sparky! Text from the song "Without You" from Rent - amazing musical!

Comment

*runs in*

Amazing work everyone!!!

*runs out*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  *runs in*

Amazing work everyone!!!

*runs out*
                  What she said Except for the running out part, for I have artwork to share I was going to practice iconing (since if I have a LJ I have no excuse for hiding and not making any), and make something for the challenge. But then I was reading the CotG discussion on LJ and got inspired there instead Although to be fair I've been wanting to have another bash at a CotG sig, seeing as the one I had was very very old and from when I could barely blend images together, let alone do anything else

sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh and I also got some good iconing practice on a WW episode that I rewatched yesterday - there were all these pretty Christmas lights in the background so I wanted to see if I could make icons with them in

(sorry for the double post - there were too many images! I think I have been channelling Jas )
                    sigpic

Comment

*waves* Hi Art Family! How's it going? The challenge stuff looks awesome, can't believe only Oma guessed mine !

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Michael McIntyre. He was on Jonathan Ross last night too, he's hilarious.
                      OMG how did I miss even this small discussion on Michael Macintyre!!! I LOVE him! He's like the greatest comedian of our time ! I went to see him in Windsor a couple of years ago, and I swear I thought I was gonna pass out from laughing so much !

Hmm..tis a somewhat dangerous business mentioning him around me .

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                      LOL, I have no idea what was on BBC1, I was kinda engrossed in what I was doing As I'm sure you'll see why

Oh, I'm the same - I completely thunk Aragorn, but Viggo....not so much

*thunk warning*

I'm not so sure about the border on the left....I may have to soften that
                      *Drools* Oma that's gorgeous! I must admit, I think Aragorn hot, but I've never even thought about making a sig about him before I saw the pics Josi posted. The one you've used, second from the bottom is just so...useable!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

Challenge!

(I forgot to check what the size of the challenge had to be, but oh well )

My challenge wp

Spoiler:
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Palmergirl/tangled.jpg
                      Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Brilliant challenge artworks Bekki

Fainne I love that Harry Potter sig! Both versions are gorgeous What font is that?

And on the subject of Harry Potter, I spent much of yesterday watching an amazing fanmade claymation movie of the Deathly Hallows on YouTube. It's in 26 parts ( I've only watched 8 so far!) and the first one is here.
                      Just starting to watch this now, I'm really excited! Thanks for sharing !

EDIT: Jos those icons are fantastic, well done! I must get round to making some WW stuff, I've been thinking about a WP for The Cold for about 3 months now!

Comment

Yay, my evil plan is working!!!

Wonderful work Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

What she said Except for the running out part, for I have artwork to share I was going to practice iconing (since if I have a LJ I have no excuse for hiding and not making any), and make something for the challenge. But then I was reading the CotG discussion on LJ and got inspired there instead Although to be fair I've been wanting to have another bash at a CotG sig, seeing as the one I had was very very old and from when I could barely blend images together, let alone do anything else
                          Oh wow! They're amazing!

Challenge sig:

And as the text was so long I made another version (which tbh I prefer...):

And new avi!

Comment

Wow Josiane, brilliant icons! Really well done

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              *waves* Hi Art Family! How's it going? The challenge stuff looks awesome, can't believe only Oma guessed mine !

OMG how did I miss even this small discussion on Michael Macintyre!!! I LOVE him! He's like the greatest comedian of our time ! I went to see him in Windsor a couple of years ago, and I swear I thought I was gonna pass out from laughing so much !

Hmm..tis a somewhat dangerous business mentioning him around me .
                              He is awesome, has me in stitches every time I've seen him. I bet he was just pants-wettingly funny live

*Drools* Oma that's gorgeous! I must admit, I think Aragorn hot, but I've never even thought about making a sig about him before I saw the pics Josi posted. The one you've used, second from the bottom is just so...useable!
                              Isn't it? I thought the exact same thing when I found it. Might have to try something myself

Just starting to watch this now, I'm really excited! Thanks for sharing !
                              It's completely amazing. I'm going to watch some more tonight, now I've done with gimp for the day

EDIT: Jos those icons are fantastic, well done! I must get round to making some WW stuff, I've been thinking about a WP for The Cold for about 3 months now!
                              Oh make it make it make it! It's gonna have THE kiss on it isn't it? *squees in anticipation*
                              And thank you

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              Yay, my evil plan is working!!!

Wonderful work Josi
                              Hahaha yeah, I think I'm converted, it's fun Like when I cracked wps, I now can't quite see why I was so afraid of them

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                              Oh wow! They're amazing!

Challenge sig:

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...ghtsigfina.jpg

And as the text was so long I made another version (which tbh I prefer...):

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...rk/safesig.jpg

And new avi!
                              Thanks And awesome stuff yourself

Edit: Thanks Jumble!
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow Awesome icons Twin! I love Joss/Donna and the fish one! Gail was one of my favourite characters

Lili I love the pics and background and stuff but I can bearly read the text
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X