Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Wow, is all of Alberta (possible guests included) going to the con?

This is very different as my one and only con to date was the GABIT event in London. Due to the location there were very few Canadians but it was great to meet folks from all over! Oh, and there was one Albertan there who just happened to be at my table at dinner.
    I hope their are lots of Canadians going, it's nice to meet people from other countries but in April their were hardly any Canadians their.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      Hmmmm.....what could be the collective noun for a bunch of Albertans?.... An 'addle' of Albertans!!!

I refuse to be addled...I'm like that far too often in Real Life...
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gwynevere View Post
        Cool, more people from Alberta. Yay! for Edmontonians, that's where my family is from or near Edmonton anyway.
        My adoptive/foster dad was from Red Deer!
        Welcome to MY life!

Comment

...even though this has nothing to do with Stargate Nathan Fillion is from Alberta.
          Nathan qualifies for discussion on a Stargate forum under the "six degrees of kevin bacon" rule since he was on Firefly with Jewel Staite, Morena Baccarin and Adam Dixon - all three of whom have been on Stargate franchise programs.
          Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJello View Post
            what -- an Anne McCaffrey fan? COOL!
            Me too!

I am hoping to meet her at DragonCon in a few weeks. There are a few of us on livejournal who are both Pern and Stargate fans, too.
            Welcome to MY life!

Comment

I hope their are lots of Canadians going, it's nice to meet people from other countries but in April their were hardly any Canadians their.
              HEY!!!! I brought three with me, and....okay, yeah, not many people from Canada go to cons, I think it is just cause we are so lazy, and we drink to much to afford it.....what do you think AG? shall we lie about Canadians again this year? We have had so much fun the last two years.
              Music and Stargate
              sigpic
              Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                HEY!!!! I brought three with me, and....okay, yeah, not many people from Canada go to cons, I think it is just cause we are so lazy, and we drink to much to afford it.....what do you think AG? shall we lie about Canadians again this year? We have had so much fun the last two years.

We need to add in just enough truth that we get them all confused. Works every time.
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Me and my friend got our tickets!! H25 & H26. Anyone know if that's any good?? It there a list already somewhere with who from GW is sitting where? Or is that a bit too early lol? We also bought 4 photo ops lol, an individual and a "group" pic for both of us.

I have another question. Do you get a badge or something with your name? Your seat number? I purchased for both of us, so CC only knows my name. Should I tell them my friends name?? We're from Europe so we're supposed to pick the tickets up there from what I understand.

But ... YAY!!! We're going to Vancouver!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

You get a lanyard with your ticket in it. The ticket has your seat number. You also get a wrist strip which gets attached at the beginning, and you wear till the end.
                    It tells them at a glance what type of ticket you hold, just by glancing at your wrist.
                    Bar.
                    e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                      You get a lanyard with your ticket in it. The ticket has your seat number. You also get a wrist strip which gets attached at the beginning, and you wear till the end.
                      It tells them at a glance what type of ticket you hold, just by glancing at your wrist.
                      Bar.
                      *googles lanyard*

Ahhh. I see. On your ticket probably also will be your name? A well, I'll contact them anyway.

Thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Me and my friend got our tickets!! H25 & H26. Anyone know if that's any good?? It there a list already somewhere with who from GW is sitting where? Or is that a bit too early lol? We also bought 4 photo ops lol, an individual and a "group" pic for both of us.

I have another question. Do you get a badge or something with your name? Your seat number? I purchased for both of us, so CC only knows my name. Should I tell them my friends name?? We're from Europe so we're supposed to pick the tickets up there from what I understand.

YAY!

4 photo ops? Is that on top of what we get with the gold ticket? We do get one, don't we? (Will have to go back to the website and check )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*googles lanyard*

Ahhh. I see. On your ticket probably also will be your name? A well, I'll contact them anyway.

Thanks!
                          Here's what mine looked like from this year:

Spoiler:

Comment

EH-T: nope, only autographs are included. It's too bad they don't allow grouppics anymore, or we could've arranged something.

Bar: thanks, looks cool and no name at all eh ..... mmmm.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bar: thanks, looks cool and no name at all eh ..... mmmm.

Yeah.
                              As frequently happens, people sell their tickets if they can't go, so they just put the seat number on.
                              Bar.

Comment

That's a pretty good seat, it's 8 rows from the front and thank you for pointing out that my seat number is on my invoice. I'm sitting in G23 so I'll be right in front of you

Comment

Working...
                                X